+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Service canada stopped giving LMO...

TG2181

Feb 23, 2009
Hi All,

I just read from another forum that service canada is stopped giving LMOs due to current economic situation and even they are not opening the application. Not sure how far this is true though.Anyone's thoughts is really appreciated. I think these people have no intention to give work permit till market situation is good if the rumour is true.

TG

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did not hear that they had stopped it completely, after all you could still have a case where an employer truly can not find a Canadian that is qualified to do a job but I heard they cut it down quite a lot. I know a woman who used to work for an employment agency in Alberta and she said she had talked with a former coworker there and the LMO's being issued are cut down to 25% of what they had before. I also heard through somebody I know that Service Canada had called a company that still had open LMO's and asked them to return them.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
LEON is correct,It is being slowed down but not stopped,The priority is Immigration,I have 2 actual cases who were denied LMO and WSork permit but approved for Immigration under BC PNP

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
BCguy said:
LEON is correct,It is being slowed down but not stopped,The priority is Immigration,I have 2 actual cases who were denied LMO and WSork permit but approved for Immigration under BC PNP
BCguy:This is interesting.

I need your advise. Here is my situation.

I already pass my application in Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi last November 2008. Then they told me that I just need to wait maximum of 6 months to be able to get my temporary working visa. Il be working in Calgary as a Guest Service Officer in a 5 Star hotel. So now my employer was asking me what is happening or what is the status of my visa. So i told them that i haven't heard anything from the embassy. But they also added that they are willing to wait for me.

Here is my question:

Do you think it will be easy for me to apply for immigration in Alberta?

And if its possible that my employer can help me with this?

or I just really need to wait for my temporary working visa?

or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks BCguy!

looking forward for your answer.

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Solowista,

You could check the link below to assess if you are qualified to immigrate as a skilled worker
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

If you've submitted your papers last Nov, granted that the requirements are complete (ie, with a positive LMO), then I guess you could follow-up your application. Your 6 months of waiting time won't be until May 2009 anyway.