+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Service Canada database is not yet updated after landing!!!!!!

yellowknifer

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Folks,

I did inland landing on April 12 where the landing officer told me to get my permanent SIN the next day. So I went to the Service Canada office the next day (yesterday, April 13) at 4 pm to get my permanent SIN but they couldn't find my PR information in their system after querying their database with my parents name and postal code. They told me to come back after a few days to check again.
Is this normal? I have my temproray SIN good until June end but I like official things to be sorted well in advance to avoid any later hazzels. Please advise as to what course of action should I take to resolve this issue. Is it worth calling CIC to verify this before I visit the Service Canada office the next week? Any advise/concerns would be highly appreciated!!

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perhaps just a system glitch..

I got my permanent SIN number the very next day after my landing. Yes service Canada did check my COPR and landing information on their computer and they gave me new number right away in less than 5 mins.

If things are not sorted out after a few days. You should definitely call IRCC, perhaps officer in the border made mistake when you did your landing

yellowknifer

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Hansdza said:
Perhaps just a system glitch..

I got my permanent SIN number the very next day after my landing. Yes service Canada did check my COPR and landing information on their computer and they gave me new number right away in less than 5 mins.

If things are not sorted out after a few days. You should definitely call IRCC, perhaps officer in the border made mistake when you did your landing
It was actually CIC office where I did the landing process. She advised that I should be good to get my SIN in a few hours but it was already 4:15 pm therefore I decided to get my SIN the next day.
I will check with IRCC tomorrow and see if things are ok in their system.

yellowknifer

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Bumping this again.

It has been 3rd week of our landing and still service Canada is unable to validate my and my spouse's information in their system :(. I have called IRCC call center many times but it appears to be useless :'( :'( :'( :'(.
Anyone here have had the similar experience? Any suggestions, how should I communicate with the IRCC's responsible person who can fix this issue? Should I go to CBC news to take it on media? Any suggestion please?
I doubt if service Canada is unable to validate our information then we should also not expect our PR cards soon as it seems that immigration officer has not yet updated the system for us as landed immigrants.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
yellowknifer said:
Bumping this again.

It has been 3rd week of our landing and still service Canada is unable to validate my and my spouse's information in their system :(. I have called IRCC call center many times but it appears to be useless :'( :'( :'( :'(.
Anyone here have had the similar experience? Any suggestions, how should I communicate with the IRCC's responsible person who can fix this issue? Should I go to CBC news to take it on media? Any suggestion please?
I doubt if service Canada is unable to validate our information then we should also not expect our PR cards soon as it seems that immigration officer has not yet updated the system for us as landed immigrants.
Why don't you just go back to CIC office where you landed and explain the situation to them?

yellowknifer

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
I can certainly try that but CIC office is in federal building and security won't let you meet the officials without appointment.
I can call CIC help line for appointment but they will need reason for that.
In my previous calls to CIC help line representatives, they have mentioned that they had sent the message to my local office and even though
I have raised the online CSE last week where I explained the whole situation and attached the signed CoPR client copy but so far I have no communication from CIC.

dell2

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary, Alberta.
Hey, try different service Canada. My friend had similar issue upon PGWP, she tried different office and they gave her SIN no.
if you're in Calgary try Marlborough one not Glenmore.