+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Inland (Paper/Online)

Nov 14, 2022
I submitted my application for inland PR in April 2022 including a dependent child outside Canada, I got medical instructions for both myself and the child in May 2022 for out I was pregnant so the X-ray aspect of the medical is deferred until after birth, got my AIP in October 2022 one week after they refunded my Biometrics fee that I paid because my biometrics is still valid, it’s being 3 weeks still haven’t gotten my DM email as yet. Does the AIP means I’ve gotten through it’s just a matter of time or they are still waiting on the full medical?

KayPi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi, I received a request to do a medical exam (SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP FROM WITHIN CANADA).

However, I already have an active medical dated 31st Jan 2022. It has been only 7 months. When I tried to book a new medical, panel physicians said I don't need to, as it is already active.

On their suggestion, I raised a webform to IRCC requesting them to link my medical to my spousal sponsorship application.

I had already submitted the medical results with my online application when I applied. So should I try to book a new medical? Or is raising a webform enough?

Thanks guys
Did you get a response for your webform query? My partner is in a similar situation. Last medical exam was done in April 2022, but we have received a medical exam request from IRCC yesterday. We also submitted the current active medical exam details with our online application.

Reactions: Princegh

danilb88

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
We've received lots of requests from IRCC this week! See the timeline in my signature.
So happy for you, now I start to worry if it was a good idea to start online application... Because it's almost the same timeline for paperbased but we still waiting for owp.

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Hi did anyone apply for inland sponsorship after applying foR TRV visa first? so that their spouse can travel first on trv and then you file inland sponsorship for her? thanks
I did this. We applied for TRV for her, then after she came, got started and applied for PR at the end of September. We had it returned a couple of times, for some unsigned forms (which i missed) and untranslated documents (which already had english on them). just did medical last week. awaiting next step, whatever that is.

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi all, I also submitted an application for my spouse on Oct 23 via the online portal. We received a request for medical on Oct 28 and completed that on Nov 8. On Nov 16, the PR Family Tracker said the medical is completed and also said that the background verification is completed. But I (The sponsor) haven't received AOR to date nor has my spouse. We urgently need AOR to apply for OWP. Any suggestions on what options I have? My spouse's status in Canada is due to expire on Jan 13 2023 so we have a tight timeline here.