September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys,
My Oath was on 1st Dec with Scarborough, ON office. Do you know usually how long would it takes, for me to receive the certificate by mail?
Thanks

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Hi all - I just got my GCMS notes back that I requested. I applied on Sep. 20, 2021, and haven't heard anything besides an AOR in early December. Two things in the GCMS notes concerns me:
  1. Looks like I accidently selected I wanted to be registered with Quebec's Permanent List of Electors, even though I live in BC.
  2. There's a not that "NPR time cannot be confirmed"
What's the best way to rectify #1? How can I find out more about #2? Is it just a waiting game until I hear? Looks like nothing was touched since May.
Although I am a 2022 applicant and I have got my GCMS notes too. I just wanted to compare my notes to yours - for #2 that you mentioned, at the very last page of my GCMS notes I have a section that says: "Physical Presence: Yes: NPR verified in GCMS". Is that where you see your #2 note? Were you a student/temporary worker before you became PR?

Also, under Triage section do you have any value assigned? I have '1' and it seems to have been created and updated in 2017 but I wasn't even a PR in 2017.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Did anyone send email to the processing office ? If yes, did you experience any movement ?
I did send it to get my oath scheduled, but I had everything "completed" at that point. Might be worth a shot or maybe calling them or ordering GCMS notes.

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hi Guys,
My Oath was on 1st Dec with Scarborough, ON office. Do you know usually how long would it takes, for me to receive the certificate by mail?
Thanks
They told me to expect 2-4 wks during my ceremony. However, I am hoping it will come in 2 weeks. :)

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
My application still shows no updates since the test completed in June 2022. I'm thinking about contacting an MP Vancouver.
Do we have to be physically in Canada for oath ceremony? How long is it from the day receiving email for oath to oath ceremony? Thanks
  • Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed June 2022
  • Fingerprint results: Received May 2022
  • Fingerprints required: April 2022
  • AOR: November 2021 (online application)

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
My application still shows no updates since the test completed in June 2022. I'm thinking about contacting an MP Vancouver.
Do we have to be physically in Canada for oath ceremony? How long is it from the day receiving email for oath to oath ceremony? Thanks
  • Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed June 2022
  • Fingerprint results: Received May 2022
  • Fingerprints required: April 2022
  • AOR: November 2021 (online application)
It seems that you don't have DM yet.. is your background still in progress?

You need to be physically present in Canada for oath. If they get wind of your being away, they could ask you to return before they schedule oath. In the worst case they could put your application on hold. This was seen in cases of people who took their citizenship test outside Canada. If you're away, you need to maintain your pr residency requirements.

I don't know about new PCC requirements if you're away at any one country for more than 6 months whilst waiting for oath.

Reactions: ecekid

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Try calling IRCC. May be it might trigger some progress.
I enquired about the same thing. IRCC agent told that it is for internal purpose. My question is that if its an internal matter then how come the applicant can see those due dates on ATIP notes ?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Try calling IRCC. May be it might trigger some progress.
Isn't it ridiculous that we have to wait in misery and try and trigger updates?
I enquired about the same thing. IRCC agent told thats its for internal purpose.
Whatever the purpose, the due date has come and gone. On the positive side, some June applicants are getting background complete after 18 months. So hopefully we will see something in 3-4 months...

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
It seems that you don't have DM yet.. is your background still in progress?

You need to be physically present in Canada for oath. If they get wind of your being away, they could ask you to return before they schedule oath. In the worst case they could put your application on hold. This was seen in cases of people who took their citizenship test outside Canada. If you're away, you need to maintain your pr residency requirements.

I don't know about new PCC requirements if you're away at any one country for more than 6 months whilst waiting for oath.
what's DM?
This is my current status.
  • Language skills
    In progress

• Physical presence
    In progress

• Citizenship test
    Completed

• Background verification
    In progress

• Prohibitions
    In progress

• Citizenship ceremony
    Not started

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
what's DM?
This is my current status.
  • Language skills
    In progress

• Physical presence
    In progress

• Citizenship test
    Completed

• Background verification
    In progress

• Prohibitions
    In progress

• Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Dm - decision made. Most of us waiting are in the same boat- test completed and everything else pending.

Have you enquired from ircc about your background? You may want to ask about the status of criminality and security. If these are still in progress (the two components of background), it could be a long wait.

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
Dm - decision made. Most of us waiting are in the same boat- test completed and everything else pending.

Have you enquired from ircc about your background? You may want to ask about the status of criminality and security. If these are still in progress (the two components of background), it could be a long wait.
I called them, they said everything was fine and that I should keep waiting and mentioned processing time was 24 months. That's it. I'll contact MP.