+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

nirm.123

May 26, 2022
Hi guys, I am trying to renew my PR card and when I hit validate on IMM544e form I don't see any barcodes. Does it generate barcode ? Any suggestions are appreciated. @Toronto1971

Repeater6649

Sep 12, 2022
Hi all ,
I applied online sept 2nd 2021
Aor end nov
Test april
Test complete april
Fp may
Fp received may
Background complete may
Passport copy request 8 sept ( i already submitted copies with my online application and now I submitted the same ones again)

any idea people with similar times and request how long after passport request we get all complete and then oath ?
Thx
Hi,
I've got some similar situation.
- My spouse and myself, we both applied online (separately) on the same day back in September, 2022.
- I got my AOR a bit earlier in November.
- In April got background check completed
- In May, I both was invited and completed the test (my spouse was invited a few weeks later and only got completed it in June).
- A bit after mid of July, I saw my application tracker was updated (despite that no new information in the history log was added)
- A week later, I got an email from IRCC requesting to provide scanned copies of all my travels documents / passports during the eligibility period.
That looked super weird to me, as I only had and have single passport the copies of which I already attached during the application submission.
Anyway, right on the same day, I've scanned again my passport and emailed it to IRCC following the instruction provided in their email. I didn't hear any reply or confirmation of the documents receipt from them for a week, so I re-submitted the passport copies through the web form.

- About a week after, I got another email from IRCC requesting once again for the same information. I emailed the copies again right one the same day, but this time changed the email subject (in the first email I composed the subject as "<LastName> - <UCI>" as it was suggested in the instructions, the second time I put it "<UCI> <LastName>").

- After 3 days, I finally got a reply from an IRCC office representative confirming the receipt of the document(s). A few more days later I also got a reply for web form request submission, also confirming the receipt of the passport. It was already August 8.

- Since then, I'm still waiting for any updates in the tracker and there're no changes. I must note that, along with that, my spouse got the invite and had her ceremony already back in the mid of August, and she has already managed to get the Citizenship Certificate and Applied for a Passport.

The situation is overwhelmingly confusing to me.

Reactions: Farah2018

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Hi,
I've got some similar situation.
- My spouse and myself, we both applied online (separately) on the same day back in September, 2022.
- I got my AOR a bit earlier in November.
- In April got background check completed
- In May, I both was invited and completed the test (my spouse was invited a few weeks later and only got completed it in June).
- A bit after mid of July, I saw my application tracker was updated (despite that no new information in the history log was added)
- A week later, I got an email from IRCC requesting to provide scanned copies of all my travels documents / passports during the eligibility period.
That looked super weird to me, as I only had and have single passport the copies of which I already attached during the application submission.
Anyway, right on the same day, I've scanned again my passport and emailed it to IRCC following the instruction provided in their email. I didn't hear any reply or confirmation of the documents receipt from them for a week, so I re-submitted the passport copies through the web form.

- About a week after, I got another email from IRCC requesting once again for the same information. I emailed the copies again right one the same day, but this time changed the email subject (in the first email I composed the subject as "<LastName> - <UCI>" as it was suggested in the instructions, the second time I put it "<UCI> <LastName>").

- After 3 days, I finally got a reply from an IRCC office representative confirming the receipt of the document(s). A few more days later I also got a reply for web form request submission, also confirming the receipt of the passport. It was already August 8.

- Since then, I'm still waiting for any updates in the tracker and there're no changes. I must note that, along with that, my spouse got the invite and had her ceremony already back in the mid of August, and she has already managed to get the Citizenship Certificate and Applied for a Passport.

The situation is overwhelmingly confusing to me.
Thanks for sharing your experience. What is your processing office?

Repeater6649

Sep 12, 2022
Thanks for sharing your experience. What is your processing office?
I'm not sure where I can find this information, but in the email reply I got from the Citizenship Official it says "Office IRCC Saskatoon" (200 – 101 22nd Street East Saskatoon SK, S7K). Is this is it?

And is there a known processing time in that office?

Just in case, to summarize my current status, according to the tracker is:
Background verification: Completed (April 4, 2022)
Citizenship Test: Completed (May 30, 2022)
Language skills: In progress
Physical presence: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: Not started
Tracker Last updated: July 22, 2022

Reactions: Farah2018

Mani_S

Sep 12, 2022
Hi guys,
I have applied from Edmonton on Sep 20th 2021 and have taken my test on Sep 6th, a week ago, but when i check status tracker it still says, next step citizenship test waiting on you.
Should i email processing office and ask them why?
My test window ends tomorrow!

Reactions: ROCK ON

Toronto321

Sep 13, 2022
I applied for canadian citizenship on septeber 2021. Received Cetizenship test request in April 2022. I gave my Test while I was in India. On September 2022, I get an update on my application stating that I have been invited for an interview with an official.

Does anyone has been invited for an interview who gave thier test outside Canada. What is exactly is the interview about?

Reactions: saou17

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
you are next my friend keep looking at the tracker. we are of same timelines so its just couple of days for you to get the wonderful mail.
Thank you. I really appreciate your motivating words. But seriously, its been 3 months, only test is completed. Even Background check is in progress.
May your words become reality.
Once again congratulations my friend and all the very best for the new chapter of life.

Regards

Reactions: saou17