+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Let's hope so but I am skeptical. I noticed three kinds of people who got an update on Dec 16: some got oath, some decision made and some ghost update (with old items like test marked as new). Those who didn't get a ghost update seem to be those with file actively being processed at local office for a decision or oath.

It's possible that a senior official wasn't happy with the number of overdue files and wanted the list to be cleared by Dec 16. So those who were eligible foe decision or oath received it, and those of us overdue and stuck may have been given new due dates in 2023 and pushed back into the e-test ready queue (thus the ghost update).
With all due respect, I saw cases where after the December 16 update, everything was marked green and some people were invited for oath. Lets wait for Monday and see what happens next.

Reactions: linxord

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
With all due respect, I saw cases where after the December 16 update, everything was marked green and some people were invited for oath. Lets wait for Monday and see what happens next.
Yes that's what I said. There are different stages of cases: eligibility (leading to AOR), e-test ready (ready to take the test), review (under process at local office), and finally decision made and awaiting oath. When one stage is completed, you go into the queue for the next stage.

Yes, some people who were in queue for decision and oath, got the relevant update. Those who are in review (but nowhere near decision) and those stuck at test ready (I.e. file not under review perhaps due to background screening delay) will not see any update until whatever they are stuck in is processed, and they are put in the queue for the next stage.

For you and I, that is background screening. When that is completed by the third party (CBSA/CSIS/RCMP), ircc will receive a report and we will enter review. At this point, Our next update will be background completed. Then our prohibitions, language etc Will be marked as green (decision made).

Regardless of what Whatever happened on Dec 16, ircc won't update our background screening untill and unless the third party report arrives, and then it would be another 3-6 months for decision and oath.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Yes that's what I said. There are different stages of cases: eligibility (leading to AOR), e-test ready (ready to take the test), review (under process at local office), and finally decision made and awaiting oath. When one stage is completed, you go into the queue for the next stage.

Yes, some people who were in queue for decision and oath, got the relevant update. Those who are in review (but nowhere near decision) and those stuck at test ready (I.e. file not under review perhaps due to background screening delay) will not see any update until whatever they are stuck in is processed, and they are put in the queue for the next stage.

For you and I, that is background screening. When that is completed by the third party (CBSA/CSIS/RCMP), ircc will receive a report and we will enter review. At this point, Our next update will be background completed. Then our prohibitions, language etc Will be marked as green (decision made).

Regardless of what Whatever happened on Dec 16, ircc won't update our background screening untill and unless the third party report arrives, and then it would be another 3-6 months for decision and oath.
What if they already got the report, just did not update.

Reactions: onkar112

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
What if they already got the report, just did not update.
Then the file would be under review and soon in queue for decision.

Did you get CBSA notes? What's your application location? Mine says e-grant test ready. I know in my case that security screening is still in progress. Yours is a different case so you may get lucky with an update!

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021

Did you get CBSA notes? What's your application location? Mine says e-grant test ready. I know in my case that security screening is still in progress. Yours is a different case so you may get lucky with an update!
My IRCC ATIP shows “no reportable trace” under security section and it is marked “passed”. Will that be sufficient or should I request CBSA ATIP ?

Wishing you all the best. I really hope and pray that your application gets finalized quickly.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021

My application is with Scarborough Processing Office.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
My application is with Scarborough Processing Office.
On CBSA notes main summary page you'll find something like

Office: Scarborough citizenship

Followed by application due date, assigned by/to.

The "location" here means stage of processing.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
My IRCC ATIP shows “no reportable trace” under security section and it is marked “passed”. Will that be sufficient or should I request CBSA ATIP ?

Wishing you all the best. I really hope and pray that your application gets finalized quickly.
Thanks. I hope we all see some movement soon!
CBSA notes give a little more info than IRCC. You can make a privacy request for notes summary and background screening. Might see some remarks there regarding criminality.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
CBSA notes give a little more info than IRCC. You can make a privacy request for notes summary and background screening. Might see some remarks there regarding criminality.
I am Oct 2021 applicant waiting for background completion as well. Criminality passed in October and test is completed in November, called and was informed security is in progress( I believe its in progress since early august while I received FP)

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I am Oct 2021 applicant waiting for background completion as well. Criminality passed in October and test is completed in November, called and was informed security is in progress( I believe its in progress since early august while I received FP)
Thanks for sharing your experience. There's several of us in the same boat it seems. There's been some movement with June/July applicants getting background (security) completed recently so based on that timeline, we might see an update in 3-4 months :-(

You can apply for CSIS notes to confirm whether your security screening file is still in progress at their end or if it's completed. They won't give details, just the status.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Thanks for sharing your experience. There's several of us in the same boat it seems. There's been some movement with June/July applicants getting background (security) completed recently so based on that timeline, we might see an update in 3-4 months :-(

You can apply for CSIS notes to confirm whether your security screening file is still in progress at their end or if it's completed. They won't give details, just the status.
Thanks for the information. I also received 2 updates Dec 13/Dec 16 which reverted my test status to not started then progress then into completion on Dec 16 as before. Nothing new updated.Hopefully we all see some movement soon.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Did you any remarks regarding your criminality section ?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Did you any remarks regarding your criminality section ?
In my case, I had FP so criminality was set to passed after FP results were received. I can't say what your file has for criminality. You can make the atip request and find out. Be sure to specifically ask for background screening information including criminality.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
In my case, I had FP so criminality was set to passed after FP results were received. I can't say what your file has for criminality. You can make the atip request and find out. Be sure to specifically ask for background screening information including criminality.
Under privacy or access to information ? How many days did it take to get the notes from CBSA ?