None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
hi guys.

Online Tracker shows last update was today August 31st but there is no update in the application. Previous update was in the beginning of July when citizenship test was completed.
I was requested PP pages this month. So did they just add those to my file which is why it says last update today? but haven't taken any steps yet.

How long after submission of documents does DM come? Thanks.

Steve_Can

Dec 7, 2020
Got my GCMS notes today. Seeing from notes, it is saying Knowledge, Residence, Language and Prohibition are all Not Started. But from ECAS, it says Knowledge, Language and Prohibition are all in Progress. Criminality Passed. Paper file office is Calgary IRCC and Location is Registry. It seems no progress since March 9th. Why is Not Started in notes but In progress in ECAS?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hi guys.

Online Tracker shows last update was today August 31st but there is no update in the application. Previous update was in the beginning of July when citizenship test was completed.
I was requested PP pages this month. So did they just add those to my file which is why it says last update today? but haven't taken any steps yet.

How long after submission of documents does DM come? Thanks.
Ghost update. You might see a "real" update soon on the dashboard.

Good luck!

Reactions: MM345

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Got my GCMS notes today. Seeing from notes, it is saying Knowledge, Residence, Language and Prohibition are all Not Started. But from ECAS, it says Knowledge, Language and Prohibition are all in Progress. Criminality Passed. Paper file office is Calgary IRCC and Location is Registry. It seems no progress since March 9th. Why is Not Started in notes but In progress in ECAS?
The online doesn't have "Not Started" status for Language, Prohibitions and Language I guess. So, right from the inception, it'll show "In Progress". You'll see an update in GCMS only when "Language", "Prohibitions" and "Physical Presence" are set to "Completed" on the dashboard.

Steve_Can

Dec 7, 2020
The online doesn't have "Not Started" status for Language, Prohibitions and Language I guess. So, right from the inception, it'll show "In Progress". You'll see an update in GCMS only when "Language", "Prohibitions" and "Physical Presence" are set to "Completed" on the dashboard.
Thanks. You mean in GCMS, Knowledge, Prohibitions and Language have only two status Not Started and Completed?

usman_geo

May 1, 2014
Hi Steve,
Calgary office sucks, I wonder why they are super slow. Don’t know if any one from September or even August has got the passport from Calgary office. I am on the same boat as you waiting for the test!!! BC was completed in May, so waiting!!!

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Hi Steve,
Calgary office sucks, I wonder why they are super slow. Don’t know if any one from September or even August has got the passport from Calgary office. I am on the same boat as you waiting for the test!!! BC was completed in May, so waiting!!!
Does anyone know what should I be doing in this case? Neither CIC nor my lawyer is answering me at all. I shall be moving back to my country for work. I shall put my house in Calgary as rental, so cannot keep using that address. Is it recommended that I use my friend's addressin Toronto as the address on the application? (I live in Toronto originally.) I heard that this would slow down the application a lot. Someone actually advised that I submit a new application using a Toronto address separately and ask CIC to cancel the first one. How can I do that or can I have two applications logged at the same time?

According to the current speed, it would be another 80 months before applications submitted last September are processed, which by then, I would long lost my PR status.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Does anyone know what should I be doing in this case? Neither CIC nor my lawyer is answering me at all. I shall be moving back to my country for work. I shall put my house in Calgary as rental, so cannot keep using that address. Is it recommended that I use my friend's addressin Toronto as the address on the application? (I live in Toronto originally.) I heard that this would slow down the application a lot. Someone actually advised that I submit a new application using a Toronto address separately and ask CIC to cancel the first one. How can I do that or can I have two applications logged at the same time?

According to the current speed, it would be another 80 months before applications submitted last September are processed, which by then, I would long lost my PR status.
Cancelling application and submitting a new just for address change is simply beyond ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Instead, you can update the mailing address to your friend's address. This might or might no trigger a file transfer (I saw a couple of applicants reporting that they moved provinces but the test invites were sent from the previous office so that could happen in your case without any additional delay to your application).

80 months is a bad estimate IMO. It shouldn't take that long. What is the status of your BG checks? Have you ordered GCMS notes?

Once your BG checks pass, you should receive your test invite relatively quickly. Take the test ASAP (preferably on the first day of the test window, start preparing from now). After that, you might receive a PP pages request and/or interview. Then DM, then oath. You should take oath sometime in mid-late 2022 and hopefully doesn't go beyond that.

I wish you all the very best!

Reactions: harirajmohan