+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Kanusaab22

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Hi Raj,

Physical Presence, Language, Prohibitions completed on Aug 4. Only the Ceremony remains now.
Hay jay did u get any oath notification yet or your tracker still says on ceremony not started???

I am on same boat everything changed to complete on august 3rd oath ceremony not started yet

Jigzagula

Jan 16, 2021
For me everything changed to complete on Jul 23, 2021
No Oath notification yet

Can somebody tell us the average time between completing all steps and the ceremony date ?

It's been 1 month and 3 days that I'm waiting

Jigzagula

Jan 16, 2021
Thanks @rajkamalmohanram

I hope I can get everything done before novembre, since i need to go to see the family i guess you can't do the oath outside canada, neither receive the citizenship certificate to a foreign address.
  1. Do you know how long does it take (on average) to receive the citizenship certificate after the Oath ? i found some sources says between 2-4 weeks.
  2. Once we get the citizenship certificate, is there any other step or document i need to wait for before I go to request a Canadian passeport at Service Canada
  3. Does it takes more time at service canada if it's the first time you ask for a passeport ? I googled online and it says the delay is 10 days.
Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks @rajkamalmohanram

I hope I can get everything done before novembre, since i need to go to see the family i guess you can't do the oath outside canada, neither receive the citizenship certificate to a foreign address.
  1. Do you know how long does it take (on average) to receive the citizenship certificate after the Oath ? i found some sources says between 2-4 weeks.
  2. Once we get the citizenship certificate, is there any other step or document i need to wait for before I go to request a Canadian passeport at Service Canada
  3. Does it takes more time at service canada if it's the first time you ask for a passeport ? I googled online and it says the delay is 10 days.
Thank you
1. 1 week to a month.
2. No.
3. It is best if you can submit your application directly at a passport office to get the best processing times. The normal processing time used to be 10 business days before the pandemic. Now, its messed up. If you have travel coming up, you can use the Express Pickup service and you'll receive the passport in 2 to 9 business days.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I called the call center and asked them. But literally few hours later today, I got the oath invitation email. My oath date is actually August 31 now. @rajkamalmohanram can you please update it on the excel? And mark me as UP?
Congratulations! I have updated the spreadsheet. Could you please provide the exact date when IRCC received your UP request and when it was approved? Thanks.

Sep 1, 2020
Congratulations! I have updated the spreadsheet. Could you please provide the exact date when IRCC received your UP request and when it was approved? Thanks.
I honestly sent the UP via both webform and mail. So I am not sure which one they took into consideration. 2nd UP mail request was delivered August 13 though. It was approved on August 24th. Decision made August 26th. Oath August 31st

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram