+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
My update for the test invitation was updated sometime between 10:30 and 11:00 AM. My test "Completed" status was updated sometime before 8 AM. Guess it varies.
When did you take your test ?

Are your language, physical presence & prohibitions set to complete ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
When did you take your test ?

Are your language, physical presence & prohibitions set to complete ?
Its all in my signature and the spreadsheet.

Took the test on June 28th, Test set to "Completed" on June 30th. Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions are "In Progress". Oath "Not Started".

Last edited:

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife's test status changed to completed as well. No changes in the kids' profiles since February (only Prohibitions marked as completed). Now it's just sitting and waiting. Hopefully, for a decent, in-person, ceremony, instead of some lousy virtual thing.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My wife's test status changed to completed as well. No changes in the kids' profiles since February (only Prohibitions marked as completed). Now it's just sitting and waiting. Hopefully, for a decent, in-person, ceremony, instead of some lousy virtual thing.
In-person ceremonies haven't been restarted yet. May be they will after the majority of the population has had their second dose. Same goes for other services like Passport Canada.

Once in-person tests and oath ceremonies resume AND if IRCC conducts both in-person and online test and oath simultaneously, it will help reduce the backlog.

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Anybody who is desperately waiting to take the oath can raise his/her right hand anytime and say the following words: :) :)

I swear
That I will be faithful
And bear true allegiance
To Her Majesty
Queen Elizabeth the Second
Queen of Canada
Her Heirs and Successors
And that I will faithfully observe
The laws of Canada
Including the Constitution
Which recognizes and affirms
The Aboriginal and treaty rights of
First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples
And fulfil my duties
As a Canadian citizen.

If it is in your heart, you don't have to wait for official letter.....unless Oath is not what you are waiting for. :p :p

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I am happy to see so many Sept 2020 applicants reaching final stages of there citizenship application. While I'm July 2020 still waiting for all the checks to be completed. I am about to withdraw my lifeless application and apply online. Any thoughts?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am happy to see so many Sept 2020 applicants reaching final stages of there citizenship application. While I'm July 2020 still waiting for all the checks to be completed. I am about to withdraw my lifeless application and apply online. Any thoughts?
I wouldn't recommend that. If your BG checks are still in progress, it is probably because your application is stuck in criminality. Applying online won't help if your application is stuck in criminality. They will have to get the clearance from RCMP (and security clearance from CSIS) before they can set the BG checks to "Completed".

I'm sorry that your application is taking too long, I hope you see some updates soon.

Have you ordered GCMS notes to see what's going on with your application? If you haven't and plan to order notes, order it from CBSA rather than IRCC. Apparently, notes from CBSA is less redacted when compared with its IRCC counterpart.

When submitting the ATIP request, clearly explain what it is you are looking for. You can word it something like this => "Please provide GCMS notes, electronic notes of the officers, status updates and anything else related to my Citizenship grant application bearing application number CXXXXXXXX"

Reactions: Canadiann2020

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I wouldn't recommend that. If your BG checks are still in progress, it is probably because your application is stuck in criminality. Applying online won't help if your application is stuck in criminality. They will have to get the clearance from RCMP (and security clearance from CSIS) before they can set the BG checks to "Completed".

I'm sorry that your application is taking too long, I hope you see some updates soon.

Have you ordered GCMS notes to see what's going on with your application? If you haven't and plan to order notes, order it from CBSA rather than IRCC. Apparently, notes from CBSA is less redacted when compared with its IRCC counterpart.

When submitting the ATIP request, clearly explain what it is you are looking for. You can word it something like this => "Please provide GCMS notes, electronic notes of the officers, status updates and anything else related to my Citizenship grant application bearing application number CXXXXXXXX"

CBSA sent me a letter for extension as usual will take 60 days. And Nothing yet from CSIS. Will receive GCMS soon and ordered another one. I will order every month till they get fed up and return my application.

• Haha
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram