+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So im my case, IRCC Newfoundland local office in St. John's will process my application now. Is that what that means?
Yes but in certain places, other nearby offices could process your application if the office closest to you is, for instance, too overloaded. Once your application goes into IP, you can find your office either by calling IRCC or by applying for GCMS notes.

Reactions: visitingprof

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
Yes but in certain places, other nearby offices could process your application if the office closest to you is, for instance, too overloaded. Once your application goes into IP, you can find your office either by calling IRCC or by applying for GCMS notes.

I think St. John's office is one of the least work wise overloaded offices in entire Canada. And I hope my file has been sent there. That could possibly speed up the processing (due to less citizenship applications they're dealing with).

Sep 1, 2020
Just received my GCMS notes. Ordered them mainly hoping to trigger some movement in the file.
The first line corresponds to the time when AOR was generated. It appears that an "attachment" also generated at the same time, so maybe that was the AOR that never made it.

Local Office was assigned, but nothing has started yet. So maybe they assign the local office as soon the AOR comes through.

Page 16 is left out, so they removed that page for some reason. Not sure if that is security clearance stuff, but they haven't even started my background checks.

20 pages of nothing basically and it didn't trigger anything and I wasted 5 dollars i guess.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Just received my GCMS notes. Ordered them mainly hoping to trigger some movement in the file.
The first line corresponds to the time when AOR was generated. It appears that an "attachment" also generated at the same time, so maybe that was the AOR that never made it.

Local Office was assigned, but nothing has started yet. So maybe they assign the local office as soon the AOR comes through.

Page 16 is left out, so they removed that page for some reason. Not sure if that is security clearance stuff, but they haven't even started my background checks.

20 pages of nothing basically and it didn't trigger anything and I wasted 5 dollars i guess.
It is too early to request GCMS notes. Remember the advertised processing time is 12 months. Just buckle in and wait 6 months!

mmaghawry

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017

Why did you pay $5, it should be free for PR card holders, I ordered mine for free.

Rach-guel

Jan 31, 2021
I called cic and they said my application is in process in Sidney and it will be transfered to Edmonton when I checked the ecas it’s still shows application received but no more update

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I called cic and they said my application is in process in Sidney and it will be transfered to Edmonton when I checked the ecas it’s still shows application received but no more update
This is because Sydney office is completing Criminality and security checks on the application before it goes to local IRCC office.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
This is because Sydney office is completing Criminality and security checks on the application before it goes to local IRCC office.
interesting...I ordered my notes in January and they came in the other day.
Criminality - passed
security - not started

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Ecas shows application in process now - "We started processing your application on February 8, 2021". Interestingly, this is the 2nd line (and not the 3rd). I do not have any AOR line; but I had received AOR by email earlier. I've updated the Sept 2020 tracker.

taurus25

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Application Delivered : Sep 21, 2020
Application in Process : February 9, 2021

For my spouse it says they sent AOR & Discover Canada on Dec 17 but we didn't received anything

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi,

Please update the tracker for my two family members (Sep Sheet)

AOR : Dec 10, 2020
Application in Process : February 10, 2021

Thanks!