File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Scarborough's standard procedure lol. I've barely seen any other offices invited people for interviews, I mean there are, just much less than Scarborough.
In my opinion, I think interviews are inevitable. If other offices are not conducting interviews, I am more sure that there are no decisions being made as well. Other offices starting *interviews* is just a matter of time.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
In my opinion, I think interviews are inevitable. If other offices are not conducting interviews, I am more sure that there are no decisions being made as well. Other offices starting *interviews* is just a matter of time.
Not necessarily. There is a considerable amount of people on this forum from Vancouver/Winnipeg/Mississauga who completed tests and oaths without interviews. But I agree that it might become procedural for other offices in the future.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Ok I am gathering documents for my online interview and now I am in a panic over my passport. I have an entry U.S. stamp and an entry back into Canada stamp on the same day. I didn’t include this day on my application.

It falls in the beginning of the five year timeframe, back when I was on visitor status and my six months was expiring. I was trying to file as an inland PR but didn’t have my paperwork ready to submit yet. So I exited Canada, got stamped at the U.S. border, and re-entered and requested a temporary extension which was granted (not realizing I could do this all online—I don’t recommend trying this by the way. Just file extensions online!! CBSA wasn’t happy with me).

I don’t know why I didn’t include this day on my application. Trying to remember back to September when I filed I am guessing that since I spent all of an hour outside of Canada, I didn’t think it counted as a day outside of Canada. Now I am completely panicking that I am going to get denied due to misrepresentation or be in some hot water over this. Has anyone ever missed a stamp like this? Surely immigration is aware of my oversight already but I am losing my mind over here.

Also it doesn’t help that this page of my passport is water damaged, so the entry into the U.S. stamp is completely illegible.

Best approach is to be transparent! And it is just 1 day +/- so dont worry about it. I hope you kept some buffer days over 1095.

Tell them what happened and provide them with the proof during interview. Re water damaged pasaport, do you have I-94 records. If yes, then provide those as well.

Only think I want to emphasize is : be patient with the process and good luck to you.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Ok I am gathering documents for my online interview and now I am in a panic over my passport. I have an entry U.S. stamp and an entry back into Canada stamp on the same day. I didn’t include this day on my application.

It falls in the beginning of the five year timeframe, back when I was on visitor status and my six months was expiring. I was trying to file as an inland PR but didn’t have my paperwork ready to submit yet. So I exited Canada, got stamped at the U.S. border, and re-entered and requested a temporary extension which was granted (not realizing I could do this all online—I don’t recommend trying this by the way. Just file extensions online!! CBSA wasn’t happy with me).

I don’t know why I didn’t include this day on my application. Trying to remember back to September when I filed I am guessing that since I spent all of an hour outside of Canada, I didn’t think it counted as a day outside of Canada. Now I am completely panicking that I am going to get denied due to misrepresentation or be in some hot water over this. Has anyone ever missed a stamp like this? Surely immigration is aware of my oversight already but I am losing my mind over here.

Also it doesn’t help that this page of my passport is water damaged, so the entry into the U.S. stamp is completely illegible.
I definitely think you are completely overreacting. We are not perfect and mistake happens. They will probably just ask you about that stamp and that’s it. Relax.
Everything will be just fine!!! No need to panick!!

Last edited:

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I can’t get an I-94 record as I am a U.S. citizen
and my belief is one doesn’t exist for U.S. citizens. I have the visitor record I was granted that day and I will include that. Thank you.
Great. Good to know.

I wish you all the very best ! Please do write back after the interview.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thank you. I need to hear this! I’ll do my best to relax. I don’t see anything I could do about it now anyway.
You didn’t falsify anything and you just forgot to add, it happens! They may have the record and they just want to verify everything with you. No need to panic! They don’t expect us to be perfect but they want us to be honest. Just be transparent about your situation and I’m sure they won’t bug you for that.

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I doubt I would have made it this far in the process and not been questioned about it already if it were such a big issue. This citizenship opportunity is so important to me, as it is to all of us. It is hard to be logical and not see problems everywhere.....on the bright side, I count as one more September applicant that is moving forward.
Don't worry unless you have 1096 or more days in Canada. If not, you need to worry

Be proactive, an gather each and every document which can make things look good.

Be transparent as they know this for sure.

It would be great if you can get your GCMS Notes as that will have a lot of information which can be helpful.

Not sure when is your interview as GCMS notes will come in 30 days, but 30 days from now and even if its after interview, you will be able to read officers comments and other important stuff.

All the best.

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Somehow I can't see Kohl's posts but I can see replies to his/her posts.

Best approach is to be transparent! And it is just 1 day +/- so dont worry about it. I hope you kept some buffer days over 1095.

Tell them what happened and provide them with the proof during interview. Re water damaged pasaport, do you have I-94 records. If yes, then provide those as well.

Only think I want to emphasize is : be patient with the process and good luck to you.
Actually it's not +/- 1 day. It is a 0 day absence. Even if you go out of country today and come back tomorrow, that's still a 0 day absence. But I agree with your suggestions.

Reactions: adey786

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received Test Invite and Passed. Below is my timeline so far:

App Type : Married (But only applied for myself and wife separately)
Physical Presence : 1351
App sent : Sep 03, 2019
App Delivered : Sep 06, 2019
AOR: Nov 29, 2019
In Process: Dec 23, 2019
Test Invite Email: Mar 18, 2021
Test Taken: Mar 24, 2021

Hope this helps others to gauge their timelines (I know every case/application is unique).

mlouisju

May 27, 2016
I wasn't able to find my original post.

This is to provide an update on my application for username mlouisju.

2nd Request for Fingerprint submission: March 26, 2021
Notification for Online Cdn Citizenship test: March 24 2021
Test completed and passed: March 31 2021

Almost to the finish line. Good luck everyone.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Any recent Oath invitation from Scarborough office?
Can't wait to get done with this endless journey lol:p
Yesterday Feb 12 DM candidate got Oath for 6th of April (or 9th of April).

When did you get DM?

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
My wife and i received our test invite today
3/22 to 4/11 time line to complete our tests.
Admin if you can update thanks.

Mississauga applicant
Applied sep 10 2019
Aor nov 29 2019
In process since Jan 7 2020
Completed test on 3/31. if you can update, thanks

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Really?
Mid March was the DM..so approximately in May. Sigh..some more waiting
I think more Oaths will be coming as it previously stopped in March.

When was your DM and which office is processing your application?