+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

samMau12345

Mar 15, 2021
Please help to update based on my application for now (in red).

Wife had to flew back home due to a father health issues, later he's passed away.
Now she's waiting for PRTD to get back to Canada and pass the test later on.
So she will have the other timeline. Will update once will be a progress.
May be interesting for people who will need to reschedule their test as well.

Citizenship application - Family of 3
Etobicoke, ON
Physical Presence: 1419 days
Application sent: Sep 26, 2019
Delivered on: Sep 27, 2019
AOR: Dec 12, 2019
In process: Jan 18, 2020
Invitation for Citizenship test: Feb 19, 2021
Test scheduled: Feb 22, 2021 - Mar 14, 2021
Test passed (20/20): Mar 13, 2021
THere is no specific laptop or camera that would help you with this. the only thing you need to look for is laptop is personal (work laptops have different privacy settings), clear your browser history and cache, use different browser.
Thanks for quick reply. I have only personal apple ipad. can i use that for test?

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
I have appeared test on Mar 7, 2021. But today I got call that during the test, webcam was not recording my photo. During the test I have also observed that the right hand side it was showing a blurry image and not able to see my photo. Anyone faced the same issue? please confirm. I was using lenovo laptop and using in build web cam. Can anyone confirm which is the best system to use for the test? Is it laptop with external camera or apple ipad? Please confirm, because I may have to appear for the exam again.
When I did my test . At first I tried my laptop (lenovo too) it wasn't working properly just a green thing on the photo at the right hand side. So I used my samsung tablet instead and it was fine.

azhar0527

Dec 12, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
ECAS changed to Decision Made :)

admin please update :)

Citizenship application - 1 applicant (married but only 1 applying)
Brampton, ON
Physical Presence: 1600 days
Application sent: Sep 17, 2019
Delivered: Sep 20, 2019
Received by: Shawn Young
AOR: December 9, 2019
Test Invite: January 21, 2021
Test Completed: January 25, 2021 (20/20)
Decision Made: February 16, 2021

Hoping for oath invite soon :)
I have my decision made since Feb 16, 2021. Please update the sheet.

samMau12345

Mar 15, 2021
You should not use iPad in my opinion. Use a reliable laptop with good internet connection.
Thank you. That is my concern. Before the exam start, there is no way we can confirm the system webcam will work on not. Once start test, timer starts and then only I can see webcam is working or not. If anyone can confirm they appeared test using apple ipad and successfully passed the test then that will help. Otherwise I have to get a new personal laptop for this test.

baboonbum

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Hi guys,

I received my interview invitation On March 11, 2021 and the date of the interview is March 16, which is tomorrow.

On the invitation letter, they need me to sign the consent form for the meeting and a NOTICE TO APPLICANT - REQUEST FOR SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE. But there is only the consent form attached with this email and not the NOTICE TO APPLICANT - REQUEST FOR SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE.

I tried calling IRCC but never got through. Tried email back the officer but haven't received the respond verification. I don't know what to do know...

Has anyone been in this situation? Please help!!!
Hi! I received the consent form as well as the Supplementary evidence form. I'd suggest keep calling the phone number. If you've emailed them, that's good too. If you don't hear back I'd suggest keep ALL your documents ready (originals) that's part of the Citizenship checklist.

Hope this helps.

Bb.

baboonbum

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Thank you. That is my concern. Before the exam start, there is no way we can confirm the system webcam will work on not. Once start test, timer starts and then only I can see webcam is working or not. If anyone can confirm they appeared test using apple ipad and successfully passed the test then that will help. Otherwise I have to get a new personal laptop for this test.
Hi! Actually, there is a way to confirm if your camera/mic is working.
On your iPad just google "check webcam / audio working" or similar and you can then test your device. Additionally, when you start the exam, before the quiz you get a page where you take pics of your IDs. If you see yourself, that means you know your camera is fine.

Thanks.
BB.

echeverialaui

Jan 22, 2020
Hi! I received the consent form as well as the Supplementary evidence form. I'd suggest keep calling the phone number. If you've emailed them, that's good too. If you don't hear back I'd suggest keep ALL your documents ready (originals) that's part of the Citizenship checklist.

Hope this helps.

Bb.
Thank you for letting me. I don't know what they are going to ask tomorrow.

BTW, congratulations of your DM. Hope you received the Oath invite soon

Reactions: baboonbum

samMau12345

Mar 15, 2021
Hi! Actually, there is a way to confirm if your camera/mic is working.
On your iPad just google "check webcam / audio working" or similar and you can then test your device. Additionally, when you start the exam, before the quiz you get a page where you take pics of your IDs. If you see yourself, that means you know your camera is fine.

Thanks.
BB.
In my case, i was able to take photos of my id and myself. So camera was working. But the issue was when test started, camera was not recording. So how we can check camera will support the live recording through that test app or not.