Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Need a help from you. Today all for my and my wife's status has been showing as "COMPLETED" except the Oath Ceremony. But my minor son's status still showing as INPROGRESS for all the cases.

Any body has any idea why its like that for my minor son? Also if we need to attend any citizenship interview after all the status has been COMPLETED now?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Kid's application status wont change till you complete oath. So dont worry about kid's application status. Their status depend on parent's application completion overall hence just wait for oath.

neoswim

Jul 28, 2019
Hi,
all the status has been set to completed except the ceremony, What should I expect next? Is there a status like 'decision made' also on the webpage?

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
AFTER 2.5 years waiting this is what I get today.
FINGERPRINT EXPIRED.
Another FEE to pay.
The purpose of this notice is to advise you that in order to continue processing your application you will need to provide a set of fingerprints for your clearance.

***If you had your fingerprints taken a year or more ago, they have expired and you will have to do them again. Please note that RCMP fingerprints are only valid for one year.***

While 2022 applications are already receiving CEREMONIES DATES.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
FINGERPRINT EXPIRED.
Another FEE to pay.
The purpose of this notice is to advise you that in order to continue processing your application you will need to provide a set of fingerprints for your clearance.

***If you had your fingerprints taken a year or more ago, they have expired and you will have to do them again. Please note that RCMP fingerprints are only valid for one year.***

I am sorry you are still in IRCC's ordeal. I am now questioning myself whether this whole immigrating to Canada was really worth it. The 27-month new processing time for the citizenship, will definitely put Canada's attractiveness to immigrants to the test. We will see if they can still attract 400K immigrants a year.

The excessive delay in my citizenship, which I got after 27 months, was combined with multiple difficulties and hardships at the same time in my life: professional, mental, and social. I now don't even want to start my future spouse's procedure with IRCC and experience this nightmare again.

After thinking this is just IRCC, Passport Canada is as bad. It's been 40 days for my passport application and they are still telling me my application is still in examination. The whole governmental services in Canada have declined in quality considerably during the pandemic. They relied on the covid-19 excuse heavily to stay slow and inefficient.

The worst time to have applied for Canadian citizenship was late 2019. I hope this whole thing will be over soon for you. Distract yourself with work and social life, and stay away from these forums as much as possible, as knowing others are progressing while you are still stuck can bring one down. I have surely suffered depression and anxiety episodes during my citizenship application.

Reactions: Paoloartois

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
FINGERPRINT EXPIRED.
Another FEE to pay.

Once your file goes into fingerprint requirement then every year its same headache to get it done and its delay for your file including waste of time for the officer to review it again and initiate new fingerprint request till oath is complete.
I heard that people were giving yearly without new fingerprint request. i dont know if i misread. Either way, yes its painful more delay.

Reactions: Paoloartois

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
September 2019 Applicant.
Finally got my test invite on Feb 23rd 2022
Test status updated to Completed on 7th March 2022
prior to that the only thing that was updated was Background verification (to completed) 24th Jan 2022
Now i received an update that my background has gone to INPROGRESS 4th April 2022

So far, only Citizenship ship test is COMPLETE
Language Skills, physical presence, background verification, prohibitions all in progress. OATH not started.

I am assuming 2nd time finger print request coming my way soon? did my first FP back in Feb 2020.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I am sorry you are still in IRCC's ordeal. I am now questioning myself whether this whole immigrating to Canada was really worth it. The 27-month new processing time for the citizenship, will definitely put Canada's attractiveness to immigrants to the test. We will see if they can still attract 400K immigrants a year.

The excessive delay in my citizenship, which I got after 27 months, was combined with multiple difficulties and hardships at the same time in my life: professional, mental, and social. I now don't even want to start my future spouse's procedure with IRCC and experience this nightmare again.

After thinking this is just IRCC, Passport Canada is as bad. It's been 40 days for my passport application and they are still telling me my application is still in examination. The whole governmental services in Canada have declined in quality considerably during the pandemic. They relied on the covid-19 excuse heavily to stay slow and inefficient.

The worst time to have applied for Canadian citizenship was late 2019. I hope this whole thing will be over soon for you. Distract yourself with work and social life, and stay away from these forums as much as possible, as knowing others are progressing while you are still stuck can bring one down. I have surely suffered depression and anxiety episodes during my citizenship application.
40+ days for passport, WOW :| , I dont even know anymore if I want to get to that stage or just keeping my existing citizenship is a better deal

• Angry
Reactions: ShadiiAM

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
40+ days for passport, WOW :| , I dont even know anymore if I want to get to that stage or just keeping my existing citizenship is a better deal
Yes. I am still waiting. No responses to update requests or complaints. Calls take 2-3 hours to get through, and when they do they give you general answers like covid-19 BS. A nightmare

• Angry
Reactions: ShadiiAM

ShadiiAM

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi guys
I have done my interview 23 days ago but my tracker has not changed since.
Is this something to worry about?
Same here, still waiting for my tracker to update, but I wouldn’t be too worried, they only update my test results more than a month after.

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
September 2019 Applicant.
Finally got my test invite on Feb 23rd 2022
Test status updated to Completed on 7th March 2022
prior to that the only thing that was updated was Background verification (to completed) 24th Jan 2022
Now i received an update that my background has gone to INPROGRESS 4th April 2022

So far, only Citizenship ship test is COMPLETE
Language Skills, physical presence, background verification, prohibitions all in progress. OATH not started.

I am assuming 2nd time finger print request coming my way soon? did my first FP back in Feb 2020.
and as expected, received 2nd finger print request in 3 years. wow