+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hope you all stay safe and well during this time and enjoying happy holidays with the loved ones.

Back in the middle of November, I received a notice to the applicant (CIT 0520) email requesting to provide supplementary evidence. Basically, the officer requested to provide a colour photocopy of every page of the passports held during the eligible period.

There was never communication prior to this request whether for fingerprints request, an interview, or a test appointment.

Has any of you ladies and gentlemen received such a request post-AOR and before any of the typical steps?
May I ask
How many day’s of presence in canada, in the past five years, did you apply with?

Did you travel more than 20 times or so during then?

I ask this as to wonder what triggered your RQ

beogradjanin1

Apr 6, 2013
Hope you all stay safe and well during this time and enjoying happy holidays with the loved ones.

Back in the middle of November, I received a notice to the applicant (CIT 0520) email requesting to provide supplementary evidence. Basically, the officer requested to provide a colour photocopy of every page of the passports held during the eligible period.

There was never communication prior to this request whether for fingerprints request, an interview, or a test appointment.

Has any of you ladies and gentlemen received such a request post-AOR and before any of the typical steps?
Hi there, I am April applican of 2020 so I am not in that stage yet. However, my brother who is citizen for many years in Canada had the same request. Not only that, but later he got another request to translate all the stemps and visas in the passport that are not in English or French. Of course, you cannot translate yourself but to send to official office for translation. So if you travel to Viena for example, your stemp will be as Wiena, so you would have to translate to Viena. I travelled a lot so I am expecting that for me. Good luck!

nicolass

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016

Did you get your In Process status or is it still on AOR?

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011

Hi,

Some applicants in the forum received the same request.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2019-citizenship-applicants.625579/post-9074635

I think IRCC will send you an online test invitation after you submit the required documents.
Could you please share your timeline? Which city did you apply from?

Reactions: thesonicbro

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
May I ask
How many day’s of presence in canada, in the past five years, did you apply with?

Did you travel more than 20 times or so during then?

I ask this as to wonder what triggered your RQ
I applied with 1103 days in total.

Only six times travelled overseas during the eligible period. None of them to the US.

From what I understood, this type of RQ would be considered an RQ-lite. But I couldn't tell the differences with other types of requests.

Hi there, I am April applican of 2020 so I am not in that stage yet. However, my brother who is citizen for many years in Canada had the same request. Not only that, but later he got another request to translate all the stemps and visas in the passport that are not in English or French. Of course, you cannot translate yourself but to send to official office for translation. So if you travel to Viena for example, your stemp will be as Wiena, so you would have to translate to Viena. I travelled a lot so I am expecting that for me. Good luck!

I was aware of the requirements to translate the non-official language visa and stamps. And good luck to you as well!

Did you get your In Process status or is it still on AOR?
It is "In Process" since they started processing the application. So this step, I guess, takes place after AOR.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

Some applicants in the forum received the same request.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2019-citizenship-applicants.625579/post-9074635

I think IRCC will send you an online test invitation after you submit the required documents.
Could you please share your timeline? Which city did you apply from?
- September 18, 2019 the application was received
- December 9, 2019 AOR was received
- January 15, 2020 the applicated was "In Process"

It is Ottawa location. But was initially sent to Sydney Nova Scotia.

Reactions: RifHero and Bachar

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
I called IRCC to follow up and was told that the email I sent last month was not updated yet on the front end!

I'm confident that the email was delivered as I received an automatic response.

sharmag

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
File Transfer...
29-01-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Wavied off
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 (Submitted on 02-4-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015 (Collected Passport on 22-04-2015)
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Congratulations ! Did they send you official test results by email ?
No what I have is unofficial result. I guess they will check how I took test and then provide with official report.

Kamal1911

Aug 20, 2019
Spoke to CIC, no test will be scheduled in Ontario unless the lockdown is over, employees need to go to the office to continue processing.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
For the online citizenship test, we have to be physically present in Canada.

Do we also have to be physically present in Canada for the virtual interview and virtual oath?

Thanks!
Whether they started online citizenship test? I know they were piloting it.. is it full fledged in reality now?

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whether they started online citizenship test? I know they were piloting it.. is it full fledged in reality now?
They are still testing the pilot so may be we will see complete roll out in Q1 2021

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
They are still testing the pilot so may be we will see complete roll out in Q1 2021
I hope that they roll out from Jan. Q1 is too long ;) :rolleyes:
I am worried that they are giving 3 weeks time and they should not be restricting number of invites to this 3 week period to avoid any system load. Thousands were invited earlier every week for test in multiple locations but not sure if we would have the invites on same scale (and above) to clear backlog. Test is the one step which they can do it fast and save time to arrange for oath but will see. Hopefully they dont take much time for clearing 2019, just like they still take time to clear oath for test finished 2019 candidates.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
I hope that they roll out from Jan. Q1 is too long ;) :rolleyes:
I am worried that they are giving 3 weeks time and they should not be restricting number of invites to this 3 week period to avoid any system load. Thousands were invited earlier every week for test in multiple locations but not sure if we would have the invites on same scale (and above) to clear backlog. Test is the one step which they can do it fast and save time to arrange for oath but will see. Hopefully they dont take much time for clearing 2019, just like they still take time to clear oath for test finished 2019 candidates.
I think its a great step that they are providing the online test option and on top of that they give 21 days to complete it. Earlier, the applicants would get only one date and they had to do it on that date only. Anyway, one has the option to request for deferral to another date (for online test) or deferral until the physical tests begin again. Of course, the earlier restriction of being physically present in Canada applies regardless.

Sure, we can certainly complain about them being so slow in implementing this process, sooner would have been better :)

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
I am Aug 2019 applicant done my test and passed in January 2020 and till today it is IN process waiting for Oath. I would like to communicate with the IRCC through web form saying that to hold my application until everything goes normal because if I take the Oath now I have to wait for Citizenship Certificate for months and then wait few months for Canadian Passport because Service Canada not working. Will it be good or not your suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. Actually I am not in a hurry to take the Citizenship and if I withdrew my application I need to apply later by paying the fees.