+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Hary123

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
You should be getting a landing letter soon with your scheduled date. This all depends on where you live as people in Vancouver are waiting around 2-3 months after the DM, and receive their AIP and other letters before getting their landing appointment letter. I'm in Edmonton and had DM on March 16th got my landing interview scheduled a few days later, March 18, and the interview is April 16. In general it looks like they are sending the landing letters about a month before the interview (sometimes less if the office is fast), so some people are getting their AIP and all of that before the landing letter whereas others like myself have received those letters after the landing letter. If you go back a few weeks (mid March) in this thread you will see a bunch of peoples timelines.
thanks for the info:)

Papo

Nov 9, 2018
Congrats! It means they have received and completed reviewing your additional documents and finished reviewing your eligibility for a PR.

If it was positive :D, you'll get an AIP letter within a week or two... and then they will review your security and criminality BGC, and upon successful completion, you'll get a DM letter followed by a Landing Interview Invitation.

Most people get their AIP and DM letters on the same day or within a week but some never get them. Your Landing Interview Invitation will depend on your local immigration office. Your fellow Hamiltonian @Papo received his/hers 5 days after getting an AIP and DM letter. Unfortunately, for us, the Vancouverites, the wait time for our Landing Interview is up to 3 months after AIP and DM.

Good luck!
Lol papo is a he..lol so I went an did the interview..it took like 5mins...i went early but it was a waste ..because when they say your appointment is a certain time ..they mean come for tht time...barsarah thank u for everything u are a such blessing...on Monday I recieved an email stating an updated ..will let u know when i actually get my pr card ..it suppose to come in the mail in 5 weeks they said

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Lol papo is a he..lol so I went an did the interview..it took like 5mins...i went early but it was a waste ..because when they say your appointment is a certain time ..they mean come for tht time...barsarah thank u for everything u are a such blessing...on Monday I recieved an email stating an updated ..will let u know when i actually get my pr card ..it suppose to come in the mail in 5 weeks they said
Gotcha, sorry! :oops:
If you don't mind sharing the details, what was the update you had on Monday? I am just curious to know what and how your application status was updated after the interview. Was it on your eCAS, GCKey or both?

ldoell

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Just got my landing interview invitation for Etobicoke! April 25th!!
Gives me hope too!!! I got DM same day as you and am waiting on Etobicoke

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Vancouver applicants who got DMs on eCAS from Feb 18 to 20 got their Landing Interview Invitations yesterday and today for May 15 and 16 :)

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM

Hi guys,
I received an email from CIC today. I am the principal applicant and got pregnant one month after submitting the application. My medical is still incomplete. In my application messages about your application there was a message about Eligibility Passed April 11, 2019. Is this the decision made email? or will i get the decision made email after sending the completed medical? After I send the medical what will be the next steps? need to know please. How soon I will get PR

The letter says that "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you. You cannot become a permanent resident until you have met these requirements. In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:

> Medical: It is noted that your immigration medical examination has been deferred due to pregnancy. Please note the updated deadline to complete or provide proof of completion of the to complete and provide proof of completion of medical examination. This must be received at this office by: 2019/07

Timeline of my application
Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR - Already have Open Work Permit which expires October 2019, Hence didn't apply. Will apply for OWP later (April/May 2019)

Date Sent: September 21st, 2018
Received: September 24th, 2018
AOR Received: October 18th, 2018
Medical Request Received: November 29th, 2018
Medical Exam Went: December 10th, 2018
Medical Exam Incomplete due to Pregnancy - XRAY not submitted rest complete
Background Check: January 3rd, 2019 We are processing your background check.
Email received: April 11th, Eligibility Passed

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Vancouver applicants who got DMs on eCAS from Feb 18 to 20 got their Landing Interview Invitations yesterday and today for May 15 and 16 :)
Ugh. Can't believe it's such a long wait for Vancouver. Not looking forward to that, lol.

Reactions: barsarah

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Hi guys,
I received an email from CIC today. I am the principal applicant and got pregnant one month after submitting the application. My medical is still incomplete. In my application messages about your application there was a message about Eligibility Passed April 11, 2019. Is this the decision made email? or will i get the decision made email after sending the completed medical? After I send the medical what will be the next steps? need to know please. How soon I will get PR

The letter says that "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you. You cannot become a permanent resident until you have met these requirements. In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:

> Medical: It is noted that your immigration medical examination has been deferred due to pregnancy. Please note the updated deadline to complete or provide proof of completion of the to complete and provide proof of completion of medical examination. This must be received at this office by: 2019/07

Timeline of my application
Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR - Already have Open Work Permit which expires October 2019, Hence didn't apply. Will apply for OWP later (April/May 2019)

Date Sent: September 21st, 2018
Received: September 24th, 2018
AOR Received: October 18th, 2018
Medical Request Received: November 29th, 2018
Medical Exam Went: December 10th, 2018
Medical Exam Incomplete due to Pregnancy - XRAY not submitted rest complete
Background Check: January 3rd, 2019 We are processing your background check.
Email received: April 11th, Eligibility Passed
You're good so long as you submit the medical by the date listed. Congrats!

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Thanks, But what will happen after I send the medicals? What are the next steps.
Does this mean my sponsor has been approved to sponsor me?
Its confusing.
Sponsor approval is separate. I'd check ECAS to see what the status is of your sponsor's half. If no decision has been made yet, it will be soon. Hang in there, you're almost done!

Rvyas

Mar 8, 2019
I was out of status since july 2018 and i am waiting for my landing interview to be scheduled from etobicoke but today I got my OWP approved today still waiting for landing interview

Reactions: ConfusedJ

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Sponsor approval is separate. I'd check ECAS to see what the status is of your sponsor's half. If no decision has been made yet, it will be soon. Hang in there, you're almost done!
ECAS doesnt show anything for both of us - Sponsor and me.
It just says for sponsor that application started processing on Oct 17th.
For me it says that medical instruction were sent.