+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hey All,

Sept 11th Applicant.
My landing interview was on Friday 5th April in Etobicoke. It went really smooth. My appointment was at 1 pm, I reached an hour early and to my surprise they took me in right away. The lady was really nice and just asked a few general application questions ( date of entry in Canada etc.) Was out with the COPR in 15 mins. Went to Service Canada next door to change my sin number right away. Let me know if you guys have any questions. This forum was really helpful for me and would love to help anyone else.

Thanks!!
Congrats. Hope mine show up soon too!

Reactions: barsarah

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
I am not sure if this is the correct process, but we requested a certified copy of the confiscated passport from Cbsa and contacted the consulate general of the principal applicant's home country in Toronto and renewed the passport though them. Its cost about $260 and received it within 10 business days. We have the renewed passport and cbsa has the old passport. We provided Ircc a copy of the renewed passport.
Hi! Can certified true copy from cbsa accept to renew passport in my country embassy? My passport seized by cbsa as well and its expired i need to renew my passport

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hey All,

Sept 11th Applicant.
My landing interview was on Friday 5th April in Etobicoke. It went really smooth. My appointment was at 1 pm, I reached an hour early and to my surprise they took me in right away. The lady was really nice and just asked a few general application questions ( date of entry in Canada etc.) Was out with the COPR in 15 mins. Went to Service Canada next door to change my sin number right away. Let me know if you guys have any questions. This forum was really helpful for me and would love to help anyone else.

Thanks!!
Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience with the rest!

It seems like you were one of the few applicants who had a "ghost" update and then received your Landing Invitation straight up without getting any of the AIP, SA and DM letter. Is that still the case?

And @shahesam84, did you receive an AIP or DM letter on March 22, or both?

ufadaniyal

Mar 11, 2019
Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience with the rest!

It seems like you were one of the few applicants who had a "ghost" update and then received your Landing Invitation straight up without getting any of the AIP, SA and DM letter. Is that still the case?

And @shahesam84, did you receive an AIP or DM letter on March 22, or both?
Yes thats exactly what happened with me. In fact got DM letter only one day before landing interview lol

iceineyes

Dec 7, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02 Oct 2018
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2018
Yes thats exactly what happened with me. In fact got DM letter only one day before landing interview lol
Congratulations!

Can you tell me which date of entry in Canada did they ask you? The first or the latest entry date, or both? Thank you in advance.

iceineyes

Dec 7, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02 Oct 2018
AOR Received.
23 Oct 2018
Both. First and the latest.
Thank you for your 1-second reply!

I would like to collect landing interview questions and prepare for an interview in the future, although I am still at BGC stage.

Does anyone have a list of landing interview questions?

NewinC

Nov 14, 2018
Hello,

Following this forum and this thread very closely! Thank you for being so kind aNd sharing your experiences.
I am a September applicant - Sept 26
Aor: 22 Oct
Owp : 21 Jan
No email for SA or PA
However a weird update on my ecas is "decision made"
When I call on ircc contact number, the automated system says "we are reviewing your eligibility and your background check is in progress"
I had applied through a representative and he hasn't received any email/ update.
Could someone let me know if this is a usual update?

kareng1011

Mar 7, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Is this yet ANOTHER fee? Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee - $490. Grrrr

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Is this yet ANOTHER fee? Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee - $490. Grrrr
If you paid $1040 when submitting the sponsorship then this payment was already included in it. You would just need to print off and takr along the receipt as proof of payment.

ForeverYou

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-09-2018
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
Med's Request
24-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Hi! Can certified true copy from cbsa accept to renew passport in my country embassy? My passport seized by cbsa as well and its expired i need to renew my passport
We were able to through the jamaican consulate.

NewinC

Nov 14, 2018
Hello,

Following this forum and this thread very closely! Thank you for being so kind aNd sharing your experiences.
I am a September applicant - Sept 26
Aor: 22 Oct
Owp : 21 Jan
No email for SA or PA
However a weird update on my ecas is "decision made"
When I call on ircc contact number, the automated system says "we are reviewing your eligibility and your background check is in progress"
I had applied through a representative and he hasn't received any email/ update.
Could someone let me know if this is a usual update?
Can somebody please step in? Getting bit impatient :(

ForeverYou

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-09-2018
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
Med's Request
24-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Can somebody please step in? Getting bit impatient :(
When did your ecas change? I noticed ecas changed to 'Decision
Made' March 25th and i called ircc and they told eligibility passed, the ivr said eligibility under review. I got SA letter from consultant sent through ircc on March 27th.