+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Canireian

Jan 3, 2019
So, sat my test last Wednesday (full marks! :)) and received an invitation to take the oath already (received Friday morning, date of oath - 4th December)! Unfortunately, I can't make that date so emailed them to let them know and got an auto-reply email saying I had to write them a letter to let them know so I have done that. Might be a few months before I can actually take the oath but my status is "decision made"!

Application: single person
Processing office: Mississauga
Application received: 21 September 2018
AOR: 7 December 2018
Application in process: 19 December 2018
Test invite received (via email): 21 October 2019
Test date: 13th November 2019 - test passed 20/20
Decision made: 14th November 2019
Invitation to oath ceremony received: 15th November 2019
Date of oath ceremony: 4th December 2019

Last edited:

Canireian

Jan 3, 2019
Test yesterday, Decision made today.
What should be the expectation here now?
Update the sheet please!
Based on my timeline, I would expect you will get an invitation to the oath ceremony very soon and could take it before the end of the year!

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
So, sat my test last Wednesday (full marks! :)) and received an invitation to take the oath already (received Friday morning, date of oath - 4th December)! Unfortunately, I can't make that date so emailed them to let them know and got an auto-reply email saying I had to write them a letter to let them know so I have done that. Might be a few months before I can actually take the oath but my status is "decision made"!

Where was ur test?

Canireian

Jan 3, 2019
Oh yes, they were. I thought they were slower than the Scarborough one. Im a Mississauga Applicant but file was trnsfrd to Scarborough
Yes, they were quick! I wonder if it may have been because I had to re-enter Canada on a PRTD (permanent resident travel document - you need one of these if your PR card expires while you are not in Canada) in order to take the test (long story!!) so they figured they better get me sorted out and finished!

Unfortunately, I have to defer the test so can keep you updated - if anyone is interested - about how that goes. I wrote a letter specifying some preferred dates but also noted that I can attend most dates as long as I have sufficient notice.

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15

Updated!

Test yesterday, Decision made today.
What should be the expectation here now?
Update the sheet please!
Updated

Reactions: Canireian

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Hello - We have passed test and completed interview but my wife wants to withdraw the application (she has her reasons related to her parents and agricultural land)
1. It is a family application - can I and our kid proceed to take oath. Does her withdrawal in any way impact rest of the family. Will they ask anything at the time of oath.
2. When should she inform about withdrawal of her application and how should inform.
3. Will she be able to reapply in future after her inheritance matters are sorted. Will current withdrawal impact her future application.
Thanks.
On the ecas page it says that withdrawal should be made before "DECISION MADE", i.e. before test/interview.

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Received oath invite 19th Nov for oath on 9th December. Admin please update the sheet , also update my location as Brampton and application as Family.

Last edited:
Reactions: arisd

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi there,

I called the CIC yesterday to check why is the delay for?
They told me that after my application was waiting in line for the test invite, that it was pulled for additional verification yet they haven't requested any additional documents..
Also, because of this it doesn't fall into the 12 months processing..
Any body please explain why or what is happening?? Any body in the same boat??

Thanks

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi there,

I called the CIC yesterday to check why is the delay for?
They told me that after my application was waiting in line for the test invite, that it was pulled for additional verification yet they haven't requested any additional documents..
Also, because of this it doesn't fall into the 12 months processing..
Any body please explain why or what is happening?? Any body in the same boat??

Thanks
There is nothing to worry usually they have additional security checks so you might be having the same and you might get finger print request or may be not. In case you want to see what is pending you can always request ATIP note.