+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Hello - we are a family of 4 and have invite to attend oath later this month. My spouse is in India and not able to travel for oath ceremony.
So worried - what are our options.
Email your IRCC office. Attach itinerary of your wife as a proof of the genuineness of reason for asking rescheduling of the oath ceremony.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Not a single test invite in the whole week. Deep freeze seems to have descended on all files awaiting test invite. Maybe IRCC wants to justify 12 months period for processing of citizenship application mentioned on their website.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Thanks. Can I proceed to attend oath (I need to be Canadian asap to apply for some jobs) and the spouse can attend when she returns. When and how should we inform; should I just proceed to oath ceremony - will someone ask me there about wife, should she submit a webform in advance or can she be absent from oath ceremony and submit a webform to request reschedule after that. Thanks.
How about calling cic next week and asking them if u can do that. Though i think u will not be able to. But dont take my word for it best is to call and be certain about what options u have

sonny_saa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Well self employment on its own doesnt get u CIT but fact that u did not switch ur license and stuff to ontario which is a logical thing to do because this is only way to tell u live in ontario as a proof of ur address and is legally required as well.

I pray that she takes ur paperwork on face value and u get a oath invite soon
I know it wasn't very smart of me but to establish residency in Ontario, shouldn't she ask for a lease agreement instead of tax returns for the previous 2 yrs?

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Thanks. Can I proceed to attend oath (I need to be Canadian asap to apply for some jobs) and the spouse can attend when she returns. When and how should we inform; should I just proceed to oath ceremony - will someone ask me there about wife, should she submit a webform in advance or can she be absent from oath ceremony and submit a webform to request reschedule after that. Thanks.
In the email/mail inviting you to oath ceremony there must be an email id mentioned for contacting your local IRCC office in case you are not able to attend the oath ceremony on the scheduled date. You should send email at that id well before the oath date. I am in Edmonton so i know about the IRCC Edmonton id. Maybe someone from your town can assist you in getting it if you don't have one. In case your wife skips oath ceremony without informing IRCC, they will consider her application as abandoned. It is better to have a written record rather than just making a phone call.

navi2235

Jul 17, 2015
Visa Office......
wvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-15
AOR Received.
28-11-15
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
13-05-15
Med's Done....
22-05-15
Interview........
None,Probably Waived
Passport Req..
DM 26-08-2015 PPR Eagerly Waiting
Hey guys so I received the infamous cit 0520 form during my interview.
Here's what went down:

I moved from Alberta to Ontario 1.5 years ago but never switched out my driver's license or health card because I sold my car and stopped driving and I haven't been to a doctor in years so I never bothered with getting new ids (not the smartest move I know)

The officer wasn't pleased at all that I decided not to switch out my id's, later in the interview she asked me what I do. I'm self employed and that's what I told her. At that point she asked me to provide my income tax returns for the past 2 years and mentioned that once she receives them then she can process the file further.

During the interview it seemed that she wasn't satisfied that I was actually residing in Ontario.

I've sent her the docs and my tax papers clearly show my Ontario address.

What's your take, will I get a decision soon?
Hi, did you use both I’d at the time of your application, please keep us posted
Thanks

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I know it wasn't very smart of me but to establish residency in Ontario, shouldn't she ask for a lease agreement instead of tax returns for the previous 2 yrs?
Lease agreements are not a valid proof on their own. If someone have their ids esp driving license and health card of outside ontario even i will find it suspicious and wont believe that u live here. But again u did what u think was right for.u now its upto citizenship officer to decide if she considers this reasonable

Nitin-Nitin

Oct 23, 2018
Cultural Access Pass

What do I get?
Free admission to museums, art galleries, science centres, national parks, marine conservation areas, historic sites, and more. As a CAP member, you also receive discounts on travel and free tickets for events and performances*.

When does my CAP expire?
One year from the date on your citizenship certificate. You can register for CAP at any time during your first year of citizenship.

How much does it cost?
CAP is a free program created by the Institute for Canadian Citizenship and our cultural partners.

Eligibility
You are eligible for CAP
if all of the below
are true:

1. You are a Canadian citizen;

2. It has been less than 1 year since your citizenship ceremony;

3. You are 18 years of age or older.

Step 1:
Register for the
Cultural Access Pass

https://www.icc-icc.ca/site/register-for-cap/

Step 2:
Pick Up Your Pass
Already registered? Get your pass at a CAP Pickup Location near you. Simply enter your city/town and click “Search.”

http://attractions.icc-icc.ca/pick-up-your-pass/map/

cymric97

Mar 2, 2019
Hi,

So my family and I ( that consists of my brother,mother and father) went to write out the test on Feb 7th and we all passed. After couple days my brother's application and I got to the Decision Made status. However my parents are still in process. The officer who told us that we passed the test informed my father that background check for him and my mother will take some time. I am just wondering is my brother and I restricted to hearing back about our oath date until my parent's application pass through as well?
We have applied as a family. Also how is the average application process pace for those who applied from Ottawa?

Thank you in advance,

Sam6471

Mar 1, 2019
In the email/mail inviting you to oath ceremony there must be an email id mentioned for contacting your local IRCC office in case you are not able to attend the oath ceremony on the scheduled date. You should send email at that id well before the oath date. I am in Edmonton so i know about the IRCC Edmonton id. Maybe someone from your town can assist you in getting it if you don't have one. In case your wife skips oath ceremony without informing IRCC, they will consider her application as abandoned. It is better to have a written record rather than just making a phone call.
Thanks. So my wife will email to request reschedule.

Will I have to wait as well (as it is a family application) or can I proceed to attend oath.

The oath is in 2 weeks while I understand her reschedule request may not be responded by that time so at oath ceremony will they allow to attend in her absence. I can carry print of her email etc.

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018

Will I have to wait as well (as it is a family application) or can I proceed to attend oath.

The oath is in 2 weeks while I understand her reschedule request may not be responded by that time so at oath ceremony will they allow to attend in her absence. I can carry print of her email etc.
yes you can attend your oath now and she can attend later if she cannot make it. But do inform them. And keep this in mind rescheduling is time consuming.

Reactions: Sam6471

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada

It's your choice. You can attend oath ceremony on the scheduled date or later on with your wife. Last year i got my oath ceremony rescheduled and instead of 3rd week of May i got citizenship in 1st week of June.

Reactions: Sam6471

somi 252

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
7 .3. 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
PPR 1 19.10 .2012, PPR2 17.11.2012
VISA ISSUED...
4-12-2012
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH
Should i take my kids along with me for identification during test day 12 ,9,8 ages of my kids or only there documents ????? Confused please reply