+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****SEPTEMBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Salyd

Nov 24, 2017
———-
Based on what you said, I guess you need to come up with a travel plan. You may need to either find somewhere to stay when you are going back (family -friends etc...) or rent somewhere.
Probably you need to explain what your plans will be when you are landed, only if asked by VO.

If others have different opinion, please share.
Thank you. Appreciate it.

Vnnow

Mar 27, 2018
Well the VO replied to my email saying the file is awaiting review by the officer.

Two months since the medical check and they haven't even started doing anything else.

How are others who applied in September able to get PR already at the same VO.

Maybe Vietnam is rubbing off on me but are they hinting that they need some sort of gift to make the application move?

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Well the VO replied to my email saying the file is awaiting review by the officer.

Two months since the medical check and they haven't even started doing anything else.

How are others who applied in September able to get PR already at the same VO.

Maybe Vietnam is rubbing off on me but are they hinting that they need some sort of gift to make the application move?

I sent a follow up email to Manila VO they said that my husband’s application is currently queued for review of a migration officer. He received his pre-arrival letter on Feb9, we’re just waiting for BGC, DM and PPR. I hope this month we’ll receive an update.. We’re September applicant here.

Is it possible to have a vacation in our home country while waiting for my husband’s PR because I am having difficulty taking care of our 7-month twins. I have sisters here but they are also busy with her family they just help me if they have time..
I am his sponsor, not sure if it will affect our application.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
What happens after I send in my application?

We will:

• review your application to make sure it’s complete
  • decide if you are eligible to sponsor
  • decide if you are eligible to apply to become a permanent resident of Canada
  • tell you when we start processing your application,
  • tell you how to get a medical exam, if you did not get one before sending in your application
  • do a security screening, to make sure all applicants do not pose a risk to the safety and security of Canadians
  • decide if you need to go to an interview
  • tell you of the decision we make on your application

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=022&top=4

mthanh29

Sep 16, 2017
September applicant. Health check was finished and passed in February.

No news since then.

All I want is an update and to know that we are not forgotten :(
I'm similar with you.
September 2017 Application
Med request 05.Feb
Med pass 15.Feb

Then a long silent till now. It's almost 3 months after Med. So worry and anxious. I'm from VN too. Many other people in same month of Sept Apolication both get their pre-arraival email, even thet done Med after me. Tell me if you get news.

bbstar88

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
hey my wife is in vietnam too. she just got the pre-arrival email on may 4th, 2018.

we submitted the sponsorship on september 20th, 2017.

i think you will get your pre-arrival email soon. but even after that, it might be a few months before getting ppr.

I'm similar with you.
Med request 05.Feb
Med pass 15.Feb

Then a long silent till now. It's almost 3 months after Med. So worry and anxious. I'm from VN too. Many other people in same month of Sept Apolication both get their pre-arraival email, even thet done Med after me. Tell me if you get news.

Reactions: mthanh29

misisef

Dec 21, 2017
Hi, @cassandra10! I am also a September applicant. I received pre-arrival services email last February 16. BGC is already in process just a week ago. How’s your application going? Have you received PPR yet?

Thanks.

I sent a follow up email to Manila VO they said that my husband’s application is currently queued for review of a migration officer. He received his pre-arrival letter on Feb9, we’re just waiting for BGC, DM and PPR. I hope this month we’ll receive an update.. We’re September applicant here.

Is it possible to have a vacation in our home country while waiting for my husband’s PR because I am having difficulty taking care of our 7-month twins. I have sisters here but they are also busy with her family they just help me if they have time..
I am his sponsor, not sure if it will affect our application.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
I'm similar with you.
Med request 05.Feb
Med pass 15.Feb

You should not be worried. Why are you? I am sure you know that an outland application could take up 12 month for DM if not longer!
There is no rule that says you can compare the applications together. Some applications take less then 6 month some 8 month and some more, we don't know what will happen to the application once it has been submitted. Some VOs are very very busy with PR applications hence the long wait! Some VOs are not busy like Ankara(Turkey) and really quiet and with so many officers, so they process the PR applications faster than any other VOs.

I know that London VO is unimaginably busy, as the receive applications not only from UK and Ireland, but also from so many other countries such as Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, etc..., so this will explain the long wait.

My Med was submitted in early November 2017 and I am still waiting! I don't think that you should be worried. I have learned that applicants can't do anything but to wait.

September applicants must be very patient as it seems like the process is really slow for them.

You may wanna share your timeline from ECAS.

God speed.

cassandra10

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi, @cassandra10! I am also a September applicant. I received pre-arrival services email last February 16. BGC is already in process just a week ago. How’s your application going? Have you received PPR yet?

Thanks.
Hi misisef,
Our BGC is not yet started, my husband received pre-arrival letter last feb9, almost 3mos now and we’re still waiting... actually I followed up Manila Immigration about the status of our application, and as per them, the application is currently queued for review of a migration officer.. After we received the update, no news after that and there are no changes in ECAS. :(

Vnnow

Mar 27, 2018
Hi misisef,
Our BGC is not yet started, my husband received pre-arrival letter last feb9, almost 3mos now and we’re still waiting... actually I followed up Manila Immigration about the status of our application, and as per them, the application is currently queued for review of a migration officer.. After we received the update, no news after that and there are no changes in ECAS. :(
I got a similar email saying our application is currently awaiting review by an officer.

If our application is in queue how are others who applied after us getting updates already.

I’m considering writing an email again. 2+ months without an update is too much.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I got a similar email saying our application is currently awaiting review by an officer.

If our application is in queue how are others who applied after us getting updates already.

I’m considering writing an email again. 2+ months without an update is too much.
You need to be patient. I went 6 months without any update. It's just the way it is.

Vnnow

Mar 27, 2018
You need to be patient. I went 6 months without any update. It's just the way it is.
I get that it can take awhile, but this system really feels inefficient and I just can’t understand how some will have their application finished quickly while others are stuck in some sort of purgatory.

I get some applications will be processed quickly because the applicants have good merits or other values but I don’t understand how people who applied later and should be further back in the queue can end up in the front.

This is definitely going to be the last time I get married to a non Canadian :p

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I get that it can take awhile, but this system really feels inefficient and I just can’t understand how some will have their application finished quickly while others are stuck in some sort of purgatory.

I get some applications will be processed quickly because the applicants have good merits or other values but I don’t understand how people who applied later and should be further back in the queue can end up in the front.

This is definitely going to be the last time I get married to a non Canadian :p
They are not processed in a queue, that's why. Seems to be one of the biggest misconceptions about this process. Once it's at the VO it's in the VO's hands. Ultimately 12 months or less isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things. Once it's over it'll feel like nothing.