+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
hi everybody!

my husband attended his oath ceremony today. i wish all of you attend yours without further ado. It is so hard to wait, but it is so worth it at the end.

The ceremony was beautiful. IRCC employees were understanding. They thanked everyone for their patience and welcomed 85 new citizens today at Ottawa downtown.
Judge was awesome. She added a bit of her own story.

I took the oath as well. I never did that before! and felt really proud singing Oh Canada.

Best of luck everyone, I hope each and every single one of you get your citizenship as soon as possible! <3

TLHeart

Sep 12, 2017
FYI: I received the oath invite via regular mail and not email, although all of the past correspondence to date was email. I am at the Scarborough office and the ceremony is held in Toronto.

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
FYI: I received the oath invite via regular mail and not email, although all of the past correspondence to date was email. I am at the Scarborough office and the ceremony is held in Toronto.
By Toronto, do you mean the IRCC/CIC office on St Clair St?

TLHeart

Sep 12, 2017
Actually, it's a special ceremony called "Toronto Newcomer Day" and it lasts 4 hours (!!!). Roundtable discussions, lunch, speech by the mayor, and then the ceremony. It's at Nathan Phillips Square downtown. Interesting huh?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
hi everybody!

my husband attended his oath ceremony today. i wish all of you attend yours without further ado. It is so hard to wait, but it is so worth it at the end.

The ceremony was beautiful. IRCC employees were understanding. They thanked everyone for their patience and welcomed 85 new citizens today at Ottawa downtown.
Judge was awesome. She added a bit of her own story.

I took the oath as well. I never did that before! and felt really proud singing Oh Canada.

Best of luck everyone, I hope each and every single one of you get your citizenship as soon as possible! <3
Congrats.. so till the end you did not get invite in email or postal mail? and ecas also never showed the update? this is so weird ..

Reactions: miranda1986

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Congrats! That's great news.

I gave the test with you and all dates are coinciding yours. But here I am still waiting for an invite.
Keep checking man.. my dates are pretty close to yours right from the beginning.. so i am watching you :) try calling them and asking for a status.. especially since you know there was someone who gave the test with you got the invite ..

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
I attended my oath ceremony on Saturday with 90 other people. I was supposed to be there at 1:00PM but reached there at 1:20PM due to congestion on 401. CIC staff was very nice they said you are late but we know there are accidents on 401. I was among last 4-5 people I guess. They pre-assign seat numbers to everyone so I just went to my seat. Whole ceremony only took one hour I think. They also give you some free pass for national parks.

Reactions: DEEP SLEEP and Pasi

pranavbb

Apr 26, 2018
Keep checking man.. my dates are pretty close to yours right from the beginning.. so i am watching you :) try calling them and asking for a status.. especially since you know there was someone who gave the test with you got the invite ..
Did call them last week, they did not have any update. Funny how people from October/November started getting oaths before us.
Also, I have to fly in the first week of July if all works out. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Did call them last week, they did not have any update. Funny how people from October/November started getting oaths before us.
Also, I have to fly in the first week of July if all works out. Keeping my fingers crossed!
I am flying out in the third week of June. every day is exciting for me now. Can i make it to the oath and to my vacation...

Reactions: SpiceIsland

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Congrats.. so till the end you did not get invite in email or postal mail? and ecas also never showed the update? this is so weird ..
nope, ecas still shows nothing after the test invite. i only have 4 bullets. and cic claims they sent an email, but it is not in inbox/trash or junk folders. however, the "second email" they sent, we received no problem. we are pretty lucky that my husband did not miss his ceremony.

Reactions: DEEP SLEEP

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
hi everyone, not sure if this is the place to ask, but i am hoping you guys can help. we will be applying for a passport soon and something got my attention:
the requirements says:
Gather all necessary documents and get your passport photo
Include the following documents with your application form:

so that last bullet for canadian travel document issues in your name, is actually for "if available" right? For new citizens, it makes no sense. my husband never had any canadian travel document issued to his name. we only have his citizenship certificate and it is not a travel document. they said that in oath ceremony.

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
hi everyone, not sure if this is the place to ask, but i am hoping you guys can help. we will be applying for a passport soon and something got my attention:
the requirements says:
Gather all necessary documents and get your passport photo
Include the following documents with your application form:

so that last bullet for canadian travel document issues in your name, is actually for "if available" right? For new citizens, it makes no sense. my husband never had any canadian travel document issued to his name. we only have his citizenship certificate and it is not a travel document. they said that in oath ceremony.
It asks for a "valid" travel document, if you don't have one, you don't need to include anything. Even if someone was Canadian by birth and never had a passport / travel document, that doesn't apply to them either.

Reactions: miranda1986

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
It asks for a "valid" travel document, if you don't have one, you don't need to include anything. Even if someone was Canadian by birth and never had a passport / travel document, that doesn't apply to them either.
Ok thank you. That is what i thought too... But 2 years ago when i was applying my son's first passport, i dont remember this being a requirement.. usually govt explains these details very well but not sure why they didnt put an explanation on this one.