Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
sweethunkUSman said:
I am so happy for you to be able to link stuff landagirl, i hope you get an email soon.

i just used up my 5 tries again, wah wah wah! but afterwards I thought about the number of family members thing, as I have 2 kids that we listed as his step-kids (we are married). so perhaps i should be putting in 4 (sponsor+applicant+2 step kids). I will try 4 tomorrow. But...

May I ask exactly what you used for all the fields?
1) By PR family class spousal
2) By family name, given name, birthday = remember to use middle name
3) I used place of birth instead of passport, which did you use?
4) did you manage with your accurate status? we are married. others on here had to put in the erroneous status of single (which blows my mind for a family spousal category...)
5) number of family members=what we put down on IMM5406, i.e. any children + sponsor (perhaps being married or common-law makes a difference?) + applicant= in my case it would be 4 if I'm included and 3 if only applicant and kids are included

I'm trying to find the logic here, am I nuts??????
Mine linked with 1 for the number of family members, even though it really should have been 3. The process of linking to MyCIC vaguely reminds me of playing the game Mastermind, except that you get no feedback as to what was right or wrong about what you entered and you just start trying more and more outlandish combinations of stuff.

Edit: For the rest, I used family name, given name (as it was on my passport, which in my case uses my middle initial in addition to my first name, not my full middle name, for no reason I can figure out - I looked at my first passport from 2003 and it was the same, but my daughter's passport and my grandma's old passport both have their full middle names). I entered my birthday, my place of birth (city and country), and then skipped the passport section. I entered my intended location in Canada as I had on the forms.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
danawhitaker said:
We still haven't been able to access ECAS, either. Not too surprising there, I don't think. From what I understand that should be accessible after SA....not that that stops us from trying. ;)
Looking at your timeline and mine, I think you will probably get SA tomorrow or the next day! ;)

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
CaroM8 said:
Looking at your timeline and mine, I think you will probably get SA tomorrow or the next day! ;)
We're trying not to get *too* optimistic, but that was my thought as well. I was pleased to see a couple trickle in today after the onslaught yesterday. I hope that continues. :)

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
danawhitaker said:
Mine linked with 1 for the number of family members, even though it really should have been 3. The process of linking to MyCIC vaguely reminds me of playing the game Mastermind, except that you get no feedback as to what was right or wrong about what you entered and you just start trying more and more outlandish combinations of stuff.
omg danawhitaker you nailed it. and thanks for the info I will try again tomorrow night.

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
p.s. go NDVO you are on it! First AOR2s

Come on Ottawa!

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
Here is a great link about the sorting of workload and the path of files as of the June 2016 announcement by the government to speed up spousal PR...although it refers to inland apps, i am sure some of it can be generalized for outland apps:

http://sterlingimmigrationltd.com/spousal-sponsorship/canada-spouse-and-common-law-partner-visa-update-june-2016/

And here is a post from a member on the forum from June 2016 re: assessment procedures:
"when every application is received , they go thru document checklist, just to make sure that all documents are presented. then in queue. AT the point of AOR1, an officer will go thru it again, and write a review of what he thinks, then send it to VO for in-dept detailed assessment.

I may not be able to pool together all my references, but i have done extensive research on CiC workflow, even spoken to someone who just retired working with CiC Missisaugua, and i can tell u that ...
1. Assessment starts in canada
2. 2nd assessment in VO, by local staff.
3. 3rd Assessment by a canadian Official (in VO or in Canada, can't remember) who now overrules or approves previous recommendations ( could be reject, issue visa or call for interview)"

wawad

Oct 26, 2016
Hello fellow Sep applicants, I'm brand new to this forum and I'm a Sep applicant as well, I will be posting my timelines in the spreadsheet soon but I want to try help those who are struggling to link their application to CIC, try the below steps as I saw a lot of people succeeding using this method

The combination of information that I used to find the application (finally) was:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my wife, no dependents.

It popped up saying 1 application was found. Hope this helps someone trying to link their account.

Give this a go, hope it helps!!

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
wawad said:
Hello fellow Sep applicants, I'm brand new to this forum and I'm a Sep applicant as well, I will be posting my timelines in the spreadsheet soon but I want to try help those who are struggling to link their application to CIC, try the below steps as I saw a lot of people succeeding using this method

The combination of information that I used to find the application (finally) was:

2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my wife, no dependents.

It popped up saying 1 application was found. Hope this helps someone trying to link their account.

Thanks!
That's exacly (step for step) the method I used a month ago (after trying almost all combinations possible).

family four

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-16
AOR Received.
29-09-16
File Transfer...
05-10-16
Med's Done....
12-07-16
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello Everyone! I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what date CIC uses as the official date of medical done. I have 3 possibilities. The day my husband went for the medical, the day my husband completed all the tests and got the ok from the doctor or the day the doctor sent the e-medical information sheet? Just to be sure i have the correct date listed for medical done.

Thanks!! ;D

Alexjo

Jul 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 26 2016
Hi all

Please add me to the list

I submitted an application to sponsor my wife, application was received on September 26.
All documents were attached but the medical test was not completed because my wife is pregnant.
i linked my application and a week ago received an email says update on file, when I checked the status it says medical under review and application status is open. I didn't receive AOR yet.
My wife completed the medical test after she consulted her doctor, that was after the update on file.
I need your help how long does it take to recheck the file or should I inform CIC that medical test has been completed and submitted?
And does that delay the application?

Thanks

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Still no SA but the status oof "eligibility" has changed to "review in progress ". That's some sort of good news. I'm hoping by the end of the week or early next week, a decision will be made...

Good luck everyone!

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
Hmm got an email from the CIC website saying my application had been updated, went and checked and nothing had changed. Still have yet to receive any email from an actual person from CIC, which is weird considering I already have AOR1 and waiting on SA. Was hoping that was the email this morning, but it says the same as last night and no new messages. Should I contact them and make sure they have the correct email address?

mehul1313

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
colmiz said:
Still no SA but the status oof "eligibility" has changed to "review in progress ". That's some sort of good news. I'm hoping by the end of the week or early next week, a decision will be made...

Good luck everyone!
It shows the same for me when I checked today. Hopefully they would send SA email in a day or two now.

stankadank

Sep 29, 2015
wawad said:

This got it!

Thanks

stankadank

Sep 29, 2015
just a quick question-

im here in canada on a working holiday

if I get PR approved do I have to leave the country then come back in?