shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hurry49 said:
Hello,

Question please?

When the status changes online to DM do we get a 5th step updat on ecas saying that they have sent us an oath letter. Or we just get notified by receiving the oath convocation by mail.

Basically, do we get a 5th step saying that they invited us to the oath?
1 - We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship)
2 - We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada.
3 - We started processing your application.
4 - We sent you a notice to appear and write the citizenship test on. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please

Thanks
Hard to say. Mine does not even have the step 2. Only 1. Received your application and 2. start to process on XXXX.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hurry49 said:
Hello,

Question please?

When the status changes online to DM do we get a 5th step updat on ecas saying that they have sent us an oath letter. Or we just get notified by receiving the oath convocation by mail.

Basically, do we get a 5th step saying that they invited us to the oath?
1 - We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship)
2 - We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada.
3 - We started processing your application.
4 - We sent you a notice to appear and write the citizenship test on. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please

Thanks
again ecas is not reliable it depends on the office. some updates all the steps other don't.
In my case I have step 1 and 3 only. then third step they sent me correspondence regarding fingerprinting.. nothing about test invite or interview.

hopinggirl

Oct 31, 2016
imran01 said:
hopinggirl
chotudada
Kobe27
A3
Yasin
jigmondragon

hi guys... what about your Oath Letter or Decision Made..
say hi to US..
Hello!! Still waiting for DM status :( A friend of a friend works at the CIC office (not a citizenship officer, &7:5 clerical staff) here in Vancouver and says the whole office is swamped with work. He says that itll probably be after te Christmas season before the office picks up on the paperworks!

jigmondragon

Aug 22, 2016
hopinggirl said:
Hello!! Still waiting for DM status :( A friend of a friend works at the CIC office (not a citizenship officer, &7:5 clerical staff) here in Vancouver and says the whole office is swamped with work. He says that itll probably be after te Christmas season before the office picks up on the paperworks!
Too bad news for the team! I have a friend of August's application and the system never changed for DM but they received the invitation for the oath directly by mail. Not by ecas not by email...so keep your fingers crossed

kanwar_2015

Apr 23, 2015
Updated the Spreadsheet also. Finally got oath letter Checked on online.

Windsor

App Mailed - Sep 2nd, 2016
App Delivered - Sep 6th, 2016
AOR Received - Sep 22nd, 2016
In Process - Sep 26th, 2016
Cit Test invite Oct 17th, 2016
Cit Test taken - Nov 22nd, 2016
DM - Nov 23th, 2016
Oath letter dated -Nov 23th, 2016
Oath Date - Dec 14th, 2016

Good Luck Everyone

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanwar_2015 said:
Updated the Spreadsheet also. Finally got oath letter Checked on online.

Windsor

App Mailed - Sep 2nd, 2016
App Delivered - Sep 6th, 2016
AOR Received - Sep 22nd, 2016
In Process - Sep 26th, 2016
Cit Test invite Oct 17th, 2016
Cit Test taken - Nov 22nd, 2016
DM - Nov 23th, 2016
Oath letter dated -Nov 23th, 2016
Oath Date - Dec 14th, 2016

Good Luck Everyone
Congrats...

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
I hear you. More than once I, as the owner, am thinking of revoking the permission so that only a few of us can edit the sheet. But second thought, it may have negative impact. So please, please do not play with the sheet!!!
beside that i also observe that many member of the sheet are not active on this forum. so if we protect the sheet, might we loose that members update as well.

shyurun79 said:
If Imran is willing to take this roll, I am more than happy to revise the permission. But we are talking about monitoring 3+ groups. Imran, are you up to it?
i am already doing it.. i have my own database when i see data messed up i simple replace the whole data.. and i expect that the user of the sheets are mature audience and they used it as expected..

but if we think its not working and volunteering hours are so much consumed to update or make it meaningful sheets then i think we should think otherwise..

other option is.. we just protect all the sheet and ADD on more sheet only for ADD/EDIT/UPDATE sharing timeline to edit in protected sheet for all .. so who ever wanna add or share update simply copy ID and share update in the sheet.. and anyone of us ADD/edit in the protected sheet.. to make this work very less..

these days i keep update my personal data and also take care all the online sheet plus watch for forum as well.. its too much for me :)

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran01 said:
beside that i also observe that many member of the sheet are not active on this forum. so if we protect the sheet, might we loose that members update as well.

i am already doing it.. i have my own database when i see data messed up i simple replace the whole data.. and i expect that the user of the sheets are mature audience and they used it as expected..

but if we think its not working and volunteering hours are so much consumed to update or make it meaningful sheets then i think we should think otherwise..

other option is.. we just protect all the sheet and ADD on more sheet only for ADD/EDIT/UPDATE sharing timeline to edit in protected sheet for all .. so who ever wanna add or share update simply copy ID and share update in the sheet.. and anyone of us ADD/edit in the protected sheet.. to make this work very less..

these days i keep update my personal data and also take care all the online sheet plus watch for forum as well.. its too much for me :)
Thanks Imran for your effort, appreciated

suriyaramesh

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Group Members:

Had a fantastic time yesterday during the test and interview. Family of 4 all perfect 20 :) Reading Discover Canada and doing the practice tests are the key to doing well in the test. Interview was professional and friendly.

Eagerly waiting for the DM and Oath letter

Best Wishes to you all for your respective next steps in the Citizenship process

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suriyaramesh said:
Dear Group Members:

Had a fantastic time yesterday during the test and interview. Family of 4 all perfect 20 :) Reading Discover Canada and doing the practice tests are the key to doing well in the test. Interview was professional and friendly.

Eagerly waiting for the DM and Oath letter

Best Wishes to you all for your respective next steps in the Citizenship process
Happy for You...
Good Luck

Montoyac

Nov 4, 2016
Hi Group,

I'd like to get your opinion. If the applicant doesn't live close to one of the CIC offices (in my wife's case, the closest CIC office is Edmonton). Do you think this could be the reason that her application is taking longer than those applications where the applicant lives in Edmonton?

In my mind, I don't think this is the reason but not sure !!

Your toughts ?

Thanks

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montoyac said:
Hi Group,

I'd like to get your opinion. If the applicant doesn't live close to one of the CIC offices (in my wife's case, the closest CIC office is Edmonton). Do you think this could be the reason that her application is taking longer than those applications where the applicant lives in Edmonton?

In my mind, I don't think this is the reason but not sure !!

Your toughts ?

Thanks
How far away and at what stage of the application is your wife currently?

hopinggirl

Oct 31, 2016
jigmondragon said:
Too bad news for the team! I have a friend of August's application and the system never changed for DM but they received the invitation for the oath directly by mail. Not by ecas not by email...so keep your fingers crossed
Did your friend apply at the Vancouver office as well? Yes I know from this forum that ECAS isnt exactly the most accurate at times esp. with regards to updates and movement, which is why I'm also eagerly keeping an eye out for the mail. To be honest I'm just a little jealous for those people who are getting their DMs within a week of passing the test & interview! :p Why can't the Vancouver office be like Windsor/Miss/Edmonton right now who is moving pretty quick :( A real test of patience!