+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

smohan78

Mar 3, 2015
Is Calgary office processing any files :eek: . My file was transffered to Calgary office on 7th of Feb 2015 since then i haven't heard anything. Did anyone receive test request from Calgary Office ?

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my test today! Scored perfect on it. My advice to whoever taking the test, study the book and you should be good to go. Waiting for the oath letter as advices, between 4-8 weeks! Any one from Windsor got their oath letter already??

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
IRCANADA said:
I had my test today! Scored perfect on it. My advice to whoever taking the test, study the book and you should be good to go. Waiting for the oath letter as advices, between 4-8 weeks! Any one from Windsor got their oath letter already??
congratulations on passing the test!

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
Congrats! I thought your process was far more advanced than mine! I had the test last week with my wife and we both passed as well.
Today our ecas updated from "In Process" to "Decision Made" -- nothing changed on the information when clicking on the link (last thing it shows is we were invited for the test on the 27th).

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
Congrats! I thought your process was far more advanced than mine! I had the test last week with my wife and we both passed as well.
Today our ecas updated from "In Process" to "Decision Made" -- nothing changed on the information when clicking on the link (last thing it shows is we were invited for the test on the 27th).
Well, looks like your Oath invite is on the way it's weird on how E-CAS updates occur. For me, there was no indication of RQ on ECAS, but it updated for test even though we got the actual letter 5 days later. But then we got the oath letter a week back but ECAS is yet to update.

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys--- Status on my ecas is changed to Decision made but still no letter or notification for Oath Date.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Well, looks like your Oath invite is on the way it's weird on how E-CAS updates occur. For me, there was no indication of RQ on ECAS, but it updated for test even though we got the actual letter 5 days later. But then we got the oath letter a week back but ECAS is yet to update.
Let's hope so! Nothing in the mail yesterday or today, anxiously waiting..

oscar2323

Jun 6, 2015
ecas transferred to local office line disappeared

1-received 21 jan 2015
2- sent book
3- in process 23 mar
4- trasferred to local office 24

last line disappeared after 70 days on 6 jun 2015

can anybody tell me why and what does this mean

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Re: ecas transferred to local office line disappeared

oscar2323 said:
1-received 21 jan 2015
2- sent book
3- in process 23 mar
4- trasferred to local office 24

last line disappeared after 70 days on 6 jun 2015

can anybody tell me why and what does this mean
It happened with Many people here on this forum, check the Mississauga office thread..
It happened with me too last night, my file was transferred March 5th.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a topic about that:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lot-line-disappeared-t300348.0.html

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: ecas transferred to local office line disappeared

Mainagui said:
It happened with Many people here on this forum, check the Mississauga office thread..
It happened with me too last night, my file was transferred March 5th.
happened to me too !

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 9, 2015.

We sent you a notice on March 6, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 19, 2015 at 2:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

gee8mail

Aug 19, 2014
I completed my Written Test & Invterview at Mississuga on 20 Mar 15. Since I didn't have all entry/exit in my passport. Officer mentioned that she need to request CBSA report.

I haven't got any update from the office. Do you know how long it take for me to get the OATH letter? Appreciate any advice in this regards.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gee8mail said:
I completed my Written Test & Invterview at Mississuga on 20 Mar 15. Since I didn't have all entry/exit in my passport. Officer mentioned that she need to request CBSA report.

I haven't got any update from the office. Do you know how long it take for me to get the OATH letter? Appreciate any advice in this regards.
Even if you pass the test and the interview goes well it can take a few months before you get oath invitation (some people say up to 4 months, but it is usually less than that). In your case since they said they needed to request CBSA report (which I thought they always got anyway), it will add a least a little more time to what is "usual". They will get the report and either decide it's all good and put give you an oath invitation or (if they're not satisfied with the report) they may send you document requests which would likely add a lot more time (hopefully that won't happen). Since you've been waiting since March with no news you could try to call CIC to see if they have any update on your file -- I assume you don't see anything new on ecas ?

claude15

Feb 11, 2015
I wrote test in Hamilton this morning. It's so easy that it only took me 2-3 minutes to get it done. My score is 20/20. :)
The interview was quite straightforward as well. :)
I was told that the Oath Ceremony might be in July or early August.