+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suresure said:
I applied in Sep but still no response! I am worried!

Why some people applied later than me got test faster?
dont worried, i applied at Aug 2013 nothing now.......

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!
I got the letter for Citizenship test today :) I updated google doc for Sep Applicants
However, I am thinking about re-scheduling since it is scheduled during my final exam periods...
Do you think it is bad idea to reschedule ?

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Mango91 said:
Hey guys!
I got the letter for Citizenship test today :) I updated google doc for Sep Applicants
However, I am thinking about re-scheduling since it is scheduled during my final exam periods...
Do you think it is good idea to resechedule ?
I wouldn't do that. The test is really easy and you never know when you will be scheduled again.

canacit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mango, I had the same challenge. I focused too much on the citizenship exam and my mid term exams suffered due to this. The citizenship test is very easy and I really didn't need to devote as much tine as I did on it. My advise would be to read the book once or twice then practise a lot with Richmond library test questions. It will help you a whole lot. You will have to balance them.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Mango,
You shouldn't postpone your exam . Just spend two hours or a bit more on your exam till the test and you'll be definitely fine...

Mango91 said:
Hey guys!
Do you think it is bad idea to reschedule ?

Canadian2015

Nov 18, 2013
Yes don't need to reschedule its very easy. Just reading the book once and doing the MCQ's you will be golden.

Good Luck!!

Ironfist

Nov 23, 2013
suresure said:
I applied in Sep but still no response! I am worried!

Why some people applied later than me got test faster?
You are not alone. I also applied in September and got nothing so far.
They even have not transferred my file to the local office yet, although they mentioned that the background checks are done when I called them.

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I have exactly the same situation, according to the agent my back ground check is done but my file is still in sydney and I am still waiting, I ordered ATIP, hopefully I can get more information from that.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same boat !
One assumption could be that CIC keeps applications as much as they can then send them to local offices only when they can call applicants for writing the test! This is what my friend who got his citizenship recently told me.
It makes sense (at least I hope)

sept-30 said:
I have exactly the same situation, according to the agent my back ground check is done but my file is still in sydney and I am still waiting, I ordered ATIP, hopefully I can get more information from that.

CPOM

Aug 13, 2012
What a citizenship grant applicant should expect to find in an ATIP report? How usefull is this information in terms of processing time? How long does it take to get the report if delivered by email?
How many times can this report be requested?

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CPOM said:
What a citizenship grant applicant should expect to find in an ATIP report? I don't know
How usefull is this information in terms of processing time? I heard an estimated time is indicated on it .
How long does it take to get the report if delivered by email? Around one month or more
How many times can this report be requested? should not have a limit.

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
Just received fingerprinting request......
We have a local RCMP office... Can I just walk in RCMP office and give fingerprints or do I need to make a appointment.
What other options are available to send finger prints...local police etc ??

AcerAcer

Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harryad said:
Just received fingerprinting request......
We have a local RCMP office... Can I just walk in RCMP office and give fingerprints or do I need to make a appointment.
What other options are available to send finger prints...local police etc ??
google

Commissionaires | Premier Security Services & Employment ...

https://www.commissionaires.ca/‎

they can have it done fast and digitally.

clickxclick

Nov 7, 2013
Just wanted to give an update on my status.

My application is In Process as of January 27th :)

I see in some previous posts that people say it shouldn't take longer than 9 months after being in process, sounds like good news to me.

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
ok....sorry for the late reply....finally we are Canadian now....april 1st and was in Hamilton...process was quick and pleasant....applied passport after 2 days....delivery within 14 days......good luck all !