+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

harryad

Nov 20, 2013
I called cic callcentre today

They told me that my local office was Ottawa..... that my application was complete..... processing time is 24-25 months ... and I should only call back if I don't hear back from them in 25 months !!!
Does it take soo long.... I see some applicants even had their test ???

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
AcerAcer said:
Hi mine will be Hamilton since I live in Burlington and I believe yours will be also Hamilton.
Thanks AcerAcer. I saw your local office as Burlington on spreadsheet, which surprised me. I suppose hamilton is also very quick since they sent you RQ quick.Anyway, best of luck with your application.

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
noolan said:
Thanks AcerAcer. I saw your local office as Burlington on spreadsheet, which surprised me. I suppose hamilton is also very quick since they sent you RQ quick.Anyway, best of luck with your application.
AFAIK, there' s no cic office in Burlington. I lived in Oakville, but the local office is Hamilton.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody,
You guys have any idea when we will probably hear back about our applications (RQ or Test) ?
Cheer,
S.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
sazamizi said:
Hi everybody,
You guys have any idea when we will probably hear back about our applications (RQ or Test) ?
Cheer,
S.
From what I have been reading on other threads, it takes 3 - 4 months from the date of your file processing until it is sent to your local office. If you haven't received a RQ during the first 4 period (let's say 5 months to be safe) then I believe you should be good.

the local office might issue a RQ though but under the new RQ regulation, this seems less likely to happen if your file has left Sydney already with no RQ.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for information.
Quick question: 5 months after file processing or documents received?
mrbravo said:
From what I have been reading on other threads, it takes 3 - 4 months from the date of your file processing until it is sent to your local office. If you haven't received a RQ during the first 4 period (let's say 5 months to be safe) then I believe you should be good.

the local office might issue a RQ though but under the new RQ regulation, this seems less likely to happen if your file has left Sydney already with no RQ.

rupesh

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys -- updates from my side..

Applied in Sep - 2013
Started Processing in Nov
Received Test Date - March 3, 2014

All the best to all of you..

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations ;)
What is your local office?
rupesh said:
Hi Guys -- updates from my side..

Applied in Sep - 2013
Started Processing in Nov
Received Test Date - March 3, 2014

All the best to all of you..

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
arrggghh.....no oath date for me yet....lol...this wait is driving me nuts....they told me at the end of interview that end of feb...today is feb 18th still nothing ! maybe RQ on the way? ::)

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,
You will definitely be fine. I haven't heard from anybody to get a RQ after passing test if they told you will be invited to oath.
Relax ;)

shaikat said:
arrggghh.....no oath date for me yet....lol...this wait is driving me nuts....they told me at the end of interview that end of feb...today is feb 18th still nothing ! maybe RQ on the way? ::)