+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

AcerAcer

Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jujuberanch said:
which stage are you at right now?
I submit RQ response couple week ago... waiting for Test+Interview+Hearing.

Canada is my home from past 12 years have same job from past 11 years so hope everything will be ok

marathon11

Jan 20, 2014
GOOD NEWS!!! :D :D :D :D

I just got back home and had a lovely gift waiting for me. A yellow piece of paper that said the following:

"NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO WRITE A CITIZENSHIP TEST AND FOR VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS"

I have been asked to write my test on February 26th at 11:45am at Scarborough Town Centre.

I can't believe the day has finally arrived!!!! Hopefully I will pass the test and have my oath scheduled soon afterwards.

Following is my timeline:

Applied: September 14th
Application Received: September 19th
In Process: November 22nd
AOR and Book Received: December 24th
Local office transfer to Scarborough: January
Test Scheduled for: February 26th

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marathon11 said:
GOOD NEWS!!! :D :D :D :D

I just got back home and had a lovely gift waiting for me. A yellow piece of paper that said the following:

"NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO WRITE A CITIZENSHIP TEST AND FOR VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS"

I have been asked to write my test on February 26th at 11:45am at Scarborough Town Centre.

I can't believe the day has finally arrived!!!! Hopefully I will pass the test and have my oath scheduled soon afterwards.

Following is my timeline:

Applied: September 14th
Application Received: September 19th
In Process: November 22nd
AOR and Book Received: December 24th
Local office transfer to Scarborough: January
Test Scheduled for: February 26th
Congratulations!Did you had any travel during the last four years?

AcerAcer

Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AcerAcer said:
Hi guys here is Excel file please edit your info

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoHGMAukyShMdE53cFV3YlRQbVFiT0lXNnJXenVvV3c&usp=sharing

marathon11

Jan 20, 2014
lilua said:
Congratulations!Did you had any travel during the last four years?
Yes...I travelled outside the country 16 times in the last 4 years.

FYI, I applied once before in Jan 2012 and withdrew my application after getting an RQ, as I was just under my 1095 days at the time. I decided to wait a while and then applied a second time when I had 1362 days of physical presence. I thought I was going to get an RQ for sure, but I think they saw that I was well over my physical presence requirement this time around and decided to not give me another RQ.

The moral of the story is, withdrawing an application once before (for legitimate reasons) and traveling a lot during your 4 years prior to application doesn't necessarily trigger an RQ.

I hope this helps

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
marathon11 said:
Yes...I travelled outside the country 16 times in the last 4 years.

FYI, I applied once before in Jan 2012 and withdrew my application after getting an RQ, as I was just under my 1095 days at the time. I decided to wait a while and then applied a second time when I had 1362 days of physical presence. I thought I was going to get an RQ for sure, but I think they saw that I was well over my physical presence requirement this time around and decided to not give me another RQ.

The moral of the story is, withdrawing an application once before (for legitimate reasons) and traveling a lot during your 4 years prior to application doesn't necessarily trigger an RQ.

I hope this helps

did u had any unemployment periods during the 4 yr period ?

gmmak

Oct 20, 2013
marathon11 said:
Yes, I had 2 periods of unemployment during the 4 yr period.
Great news Marathon11 - my application in-process just three days after you, hope I also get something in the mail soon. Did you E-cas got updated or you just got the test invitation letter....thanks for your early response

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gmmak said:
Great news Marathon11 - my application in-process just three days after you, hope I also get something in the mail soon. Did you E-cas got updated or you just got the test invitation letter....thanks for your early response
Congratulations Marathon11 !

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmaffe said:
Hi Mango91, mine has disappeared too, what does it mean?
thanks
Well, I thought it means the transfer to the local office or finish of background check.
But I called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that the file is still in Sydney.

believe13

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to Shaikat, Marathon (& anyone else I forgot)

The September applications are slowly on their way to becoming Citizens ;D

vl8p

Nov 22, 2013
Mango91 said:
Well, I thought it means the transfer to the local office or finish of background check.
But I called CIC yesterday and the agent told me that the file is still in Sydney.
CIC must be using a lottery drum. Mine was received the same day and was transferred to Scarborough on Jan 2nd. The "Received" line disappeared some day around Christmas holidays. No test notification though...

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vl8p said:
CIC must be using a lottery drum. Mine was received the same day and was transferred to Scarborough on Jan 2nd. The "Received" line disappeared some day around Christmas holidays. No test notification though...
Cause the Scarborough Office is the slowest among the lot.