+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Citizenship Application

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Shaikat for the info ! all the best with your rest of the process.

Randy

shaikat said:
checked drivers license, health, pr / landing document...checked all stamps exit and entry.....couldn't find my day trips entry stamps but she said that's common.

use yourlibrary website....that's a brilliant site.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
checked drivers license, health, pr / landing document...checked all stamps exit and entry.....couldn't find my day trips entry stamps but she said that's common.

use yourlibrary website....that's a brilliant site.
[/quote]

I have 3 entries that are not stamped on my passport flying to Canada from abroad, do you think this is common too?

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi MrBravo,

It's ok if you declared them correctly, actually almost all your entries to Canada will be on the CBSA report ( in my case, only one was missing from my report..but i declared it on my citizenship application).

Stamps are just the tip of the iceberg - what counts the most is what you declare and what they know about you, if for instance there is something you didn't declare and it shows in your passport ( not USA stamps...but any other foreign country where you can't possibly go for a day trip....) then you will have trouble, otherwise, just be sure to be extra precise about your trips whenever you can and you will be OK

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
this is always common.....I fully believe that this depends on the person who is assessing ur file....if they cross out something and raise a flag than u will be asked for more proof.....I remember she was checking off all the absence list from the list I provided initially...

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe,
probably this questions was asked before. But is there a way to get a copy of the CBSA report?

ramsfe said:
Hi MrBravo,

It's ok if you declared them correctly, actually almost all your entries to Canada will be on the CBSA report ( in my case, only one was missing from my report..but i declared it on my citizenship application).

Stamps are just the tip of the iceberg - what counts the most is what you declare and what they know about you, if for instance there is something you didn't declare and it shows in your passport ( not USA stamps...but any other foreign country where you can't possibly go for a day trip....) then you will have trouble, otherwise, just be sure to be extra precise about your trips whenever you can and you will be OK

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
ramsfe,
probably this questions was asked before. But is there a way to get a copy of the CBSA report?
Hey Farrous13!

Yes, it is very easy and it takes around 30 days and ... it is for free ( Under Privacy act) : here is the procedure : http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

I suggest that you send everything by Email for faster processing!

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
ramsfe,

Yo bro,

you preparing yourself for a RQ?? I don't think you need to, if there was a RQ slated for you, you would have got it by now

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ramsfe.

dear_pnp, not really thinking about the RQ. But would like to go to the test prepared. Putting all my guards up. Just in case. :)
How's your application going? any news?

dear_pnp said:
Yo bro,

you preparing yourself for a RQ?? I don't think you need to, if there was a RQ slated for you, you would have got it by now

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Thanks ramsfe.

dear_pnp, not really thinking about the RQ. But would like to go to the test prepared. Putting all my guards up. Just in case. :)
How's your application going? any news?
Yeah I hear ya. Better be safe than a very expensive sorry eh ;D ;D ;D

No news bro, I have stopped calling the call center now. Everytime I call they roll me back in time. I am afraid if I call again, I might hear that my application is no where to be found and not in the system :-X :-X :-X

Anyways, as of now no RQ. No clue about file transfer as well. One agent said it was done last week of December, other two says still in Sydney. Dont know whats right.

Well we will see. Will keep you updated

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Yeah I hear ya. Better be safe than a very expensive sorry eh ;D ;D ;D

No news bro, I have stopped calling the call center now. Everytime I call they roll me back in time. I am afraid if I call again, I might hear that my application is no where to be found and not in the system :-X :-X :-X

Anyways, as of now no RQ. No clue about file transfer as well. One agent said it was done last week of December, other two says still in Sydney. Dont know whats right.

Well we will see. Will keep you updated
Call them again, and they will tell you that the application is on your desk and has not been posted yet ;)

CPOM

Aug 13, 2012
ECAS update: We sent you a letter on January 29, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. Does anybody know about what is being requested on this type of letters? Please help

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CPOM said:
ECAS update: We sent you a letter on January 29, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. Does anybody know about what is being requested on this type of letters? Please help
Well, it can be anything! From the request of a simple photocopy of a passport to an RQ.....

Do you have any objective reasons in mind that would make you receive an RQ ?