+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

Meetvetri

May 16, 2013
HI Friends,
I am looking a clarification. My Employment period was starts 26-June-2011 and ends at 06-July-2012. And in between I have taken 3-weeks vacation without pay. But minimum work on every week from 52 Hours and some times goes to 60 hours. Because i am working in week end too.
The total hours I worked will be reflecting in My T4.

Now My worry is will it affect 12 months eligibility under CEC ? Because the total number of days I am in canada was 1-Year -10 days.

If they include Number of hours worked , then I am in very safer hand.
Can somebody have any information about this .

Thanks in advance about your help.

sheena231

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20-2013
AOR Received.
Oct 22-2013
Med's Request
Mar 24-2014
Med's Done....
Mar 31-2014
Passport Req..
Apr 9-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-11-2014
LANDED..........
Apr-20-2014
U r SUPERFAST :) Toby...CEC RULEBOOK OP25ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ :) :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Meetvetri said:
HI Friends,
I am looking a clarification. My Employment period was starts 26-June-2011 and ends at 06-July-2012. And in between I have taken 3-weeks vacation without pay. But minimum work on every week from 52 Hours and some times goes to 60 hours. Because i am working in week end too.
The total hours I worked will be reflecting in My T4.

Now My worry is will it affect 12 months eligibility under CEC ? Because the total number of days I am in canada was 1-Year -10 days.

If they include Number of hours worked , then I am in very safer hand.
Can somebody have any information about this .

Thanks in advance about your help.
If that's the only skilled experience you have, then no, you are not eligible under the Canadian Experience
Class. Required are 52 weeks of full-time skilled work experience. Your work experience, minus the unpaid
vacation comes to a total of 50 weeks, so you're two weeks short.

You'll need a minimum of two more weeks to become eligible under the CEC.

Meetvetri

May 16, 2013
HI toby,
Thanks for response. I was wrong in my vacation duration. Actually I was taken 12 days not three weeks. And also this includes one full week and 3 working days in next week (half a week).
However Let me re-count weather it goes more then 52 weeks. Because I started my work 26th june - 2011 and 1-year will end at 25th of june-2012.
But Another 10 more days I worked there.
I don't know what to decide here.

Meetvetri

May 16, 2013
Hi Toby,

I recalculated -- Even If I take for weeks count- I comes exactly 52 weeks with full pay work. Is this sufficient under CEC .

Thanks in advance your support.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Meetvetri said:
Hi Toby,

I recalculated -- Even If I take for weeks count- I comes exactly 52 weeks with full pay work. Is this sufficient under CEC .

Thanks in advance your support.
Yes, 52 weeks full-time with a minimum of 30hrs/week is enough.

mabhay

Mar 26, 2014
hi,
I email CIC and got a response that..
1. My medicals are attached with my AOR.
2. I need not have to do medicals again for me n my family. :D

PieroG

Jul 5, 2013
Toby, I thought that you are just required to have 48 weeks? (1 year ... thats 12 months)

I worked from september 10,2012 until october 7,2013 and had paid vacation over xmas for like 1 or 2 weeks .... is it going to affect it?

on my letter of employment that i gave to cic it doesnt say anything about vacations.

am i going to be ok? and second question ... most cec applications are taking 8 months now?

I am thinking of doing an upfront medical exam and leaving to another country while i am waiting for my PR, do you think that is ok? will i be able to submit my passport in that country?(i am planning to go to south korea, but i am brazilian!)

Thanks!

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
PieroG you need 52 weeks (52 x 7 = 364 days).

2 weeks of paid vacation is allowed by the Visa Officers.

We are hoping CEC applicants will get PR with in 8-9 months this year.

Yes upfront Medical is a good idea. And you can be anywhere in the world, while they process your PR. Just update CIC with your address so they can reach you.

You can request CIC to have your passport submitted in a local Canadian HC.
Read more here: www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visa-stamping-at-other-office-t187037.0.html

PieroG

Jul 5, 2013
thank you for the fast reply! i have another question!

currently i am holding a study permit but dont have a TRV (i am from brazil so i need that to enter in canada)

my question is, can i apply for a trv in south korea or when i leave canada does my study permit becomes invalid?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Is it possible to get the visa BEFORE leaving Canada? Because if you go to South Korea and apply for a visa there - you may not get it. Then you will be stuck in Korea.

Your study permit won't become invalid.

Just Curious - How do you have a study permit now? Normally people have Study permit first , then they work. Did you get in to college after Oct 2013?

Pitchy

Sep 8, 2013
Good morning,
I am september 12th applicant. this morning i received request for additional information - police certificate from origin country.
I dont know why they ask it again, as i supplied it together with application..

UK-CEC-Applicant

Star Member
Mar 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London- England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2013
Doc's Request.
04-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Pitchy said:
Good morning,
I am september 12th applicant. this morning i received request for additional information - police certificate from origin country.
I dont know why they ask it again, as i supplied it together with application..
It might be that your PC had expired.