+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2012 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
ujbaby said:
hahahahaha, very weird indeed. not sure if I will show more than that though ;) pretty hard to save in canada , isn't it ???
It's almost impossible to save up money here, that's true! Haha.

braveman

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on 15 Sep 2012; Received at CIO Sydney, NS on 20 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
06 July 2013
Med's Done....
24 July 2013; Med's Received : 07 Sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Biodata & RPRF Req : 16 Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
08 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
19 Oct 2013 at Fort Erie (Peace bridge)
Thank you so much @infoSeeker, @iam_toby :)
InfoSeeker12 said:
Sure Braveman.

1. Your bank statement (i was asked to show that actually...perhaps cuz i look poor...lol!). Other docs kept just in case: Pay stubs,NOA, Employer Reference Letter, All past WPs and study permits, 2 previous passports.

lvladman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-06-2012
Med's Request
17-08-2013
Med's Done....
24-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014
Actually they should not ask for bank statement from CEC applicant. Proof of Fund is only for skilled workers but anyways who dare to the border officer they can ask or not! But here is the link for the minimum proof of fund: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
lvladman said:
Actually they should ask for bank statement from CEC applicant. Proof of Fund is only for skilled workers but anyways who dare to the border officer they can ask or not! But here is the link for the minimum proof of fund: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Ivladman. You are right. The minimum funds requirement is only for FSW category.

For CEC applicants, they can still ask for proof of funds (in other words, bank statement). But in this case, they wont be looking for any minimum amount.

madinxs

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Request
23-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
Soon!
Finally got our passports stamped in CHC, New Delhi...Now, I need to plan and land soon.

braveman

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on 15 Sep 2012; Received at CIO Sydney, NS on 20 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
06 July 2013
Med's Done....
24 July 2013; Med's Received : 07 Sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Biodata & RPRF Req : 16 Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
08 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
19 Oct 2013 at Fort Erie (Peace bridge)
madinxs said:
Finally got our passports stamped in CHC, New Delhi...Now, I need to plan and land soon.
congrats :)

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madinxs said:
Congratulations :)

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
Hi guys,

Just received the RPRF and biodata request.

Here's how my case worked out:

Sometime in mid-July, I received my GCMS notes saying that Eligibility was Recommended Passed. I decided to do upfront medical exams. The doctor took about a week and a half to upload my results into the system. After that was done, I emailed CIC saying that my medicals had been uploaded and they sent me an email acknowledging receipt.

On August 30, my ECAS status was updated to Application in Process. After seeing this, I decided to pay RPRF upfront (it's refundable, after all) and also submitted the completed biodata form upfront. By the end of that week, my ECAS status had been updated to Decision Made.

Today, I received an email from CIC with the subject "Instructions for Visa Issuance". Basically, it acknowledges that I already paid RPRF and, since I'm from a Visa exempt country, it just asks for a copy of my passport and the biodata form (which I had already submitted, but anyways...). Just submitted both documents by email.

Question: what should I expect now? Is the COPR sent by email (pdf file)? Or mailed to my address?

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
ondine said:
Hi guys,

Just received the RPRF and biodata request.

Here's how my case worked out:

Sometime in mid-July, I received my GCMS notes saying that Eligibility was Recommended Passed. I decided to do upfront medical exams. The doctor took about a week and a half to upload my results into the system. After that was done, I emailed CIC saying that my medicals had been uploaded and they sent me an email acknowledging receipt.

On August 30, my ECAS status was updated to Application in Process. After seeing this, I decided to pay RPRF upfront (it's refundable, after all) and also submitted the completed biodata form upfront. By the end of that week, my ECAS status was updated to Decision Made.

Today, I received an email from CIC with the subject "Instructions for Visa Issuance". Basically, it acknowledges that I already paid RPRF and, since I'm from a Visa exempt country, it just asks for a copy of my passport and the biodata form (which I had already submitted, but anyways...). Just submitted both documents by email.

Question: what should I expect now? Is the COPR sent by email (pdf file)? Or mailed to my address?
Congrats, my GCMS also says Recommended Passed. Do you suggest an Upfront medical or wait for CIC to send it? how can you pay upfront RPRF?

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
cec4111 said:
Congrats, my GCMS also says Recommended Passed. Do you suggest an Upfront medical or wait for CIC to send it? how can you pay upfront RPRF?
Most people told me not to do upfront medicals. They might accelerate your application processing by a few days but at a steep cost...$300+

And that money's gone if you're rejected. So on a cost/benefit scale, upfront medicals don't make much sense.

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
cec4111 said:
Hi cec4111,

I think in my case doing upfront medicals helped speed things up - especially given that when I did it PAFSO was still on strike, and PR applications were being processed at a snail pace. Now that the strike is over, I don't know if it will make that much of a difference. Overall though, I think that since you know your eligibility is recommended passed, doing upfront medicals can't hurt.

You can pay for the RPRF upfront here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp . Once the RPRF is paid, you have to submit the receipt to the following email:
CPPO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca

Just to be on the safe side, I also submitted the receipt to OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
ahm2307 said:
Most people told me not to do upfront medicals. They might accelerate your application processing by a few days but at a steep cost...$300+

And that money's gone if you're rejected. So on a cost/benefit scale, upfront medicals don't make much sense.
It's true that if your application is rejected you'll most likely lose your money (unless your new application is processed within a year from the date of your medicals, that is). That's why I wouldn't do upfront medicals unless Eligibility is Recommended Passed or (better yet) Passed.

Other than that, the cost of doing upfront medicals or regular medicals is the same, i.e. you don't pay more money just because you're doing medicals before CIC has asked you to (unless, of course, things have changed since I did my upfront medicals in July).

imatwkrp

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-21-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-05-2013
Med's Done....
06-13-2013
Passport Req..
10-03-2013 (copies only; visa-exempt)
LANDED..........
11-09-2013
Hooray! Copies of passport pages were requested yesterday, Oct. 3! A wonderful email to receive on my birthday. :)

Ondine, I wish COPR came via email, but I have never heard of anyone getting it electronically. Too bad, I guess we are stuck watching the mail. But so close now!