+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2012 Applications

elnazdel

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hi Pari,
Yes we are so on the same boat! i am a 3rd year phd student! Those people applied under CEC and they got it! let's wait and see what the second reviwer is going to say... i still have hope! And for FSW phd, you need 1 year of work experience too... Otherwise, I would have applied under that category :\

quote author=pari_p link=topic=117746.msg2408669#msg2408669 date=1373675645]
Yup... applied on 17th June!! Hopefully its in next week!
[/quote]

vbdevgan

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 September 2012
AOR Received.
27th September 2012
Med's Request
24 May 2013
Med's Done....
31 May 2013
Passport Req..
17 Sep2013
VISA ISSUED...
8 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Next Week
Can Anyone please explain what exactly is GCMS ?

ramcm31

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP-Ottawa????
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
12-June-2013
AOR Received.
31-Oct-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
9-Jan-2012
Med's Request
15-July-2013
Med's Done....
19-July-2013
Passport Req..
22-August-2013
LANDED..........
Currently in canada on work permit
Hi Guys,

Nothing but with tears in the eyes, I just Medical request under my FSW application.

No words. I know the pain for the people waiting. Just pray god.

Ram

aanniee

May 17, 2013
I just got my GCMS notes (summarized below):

Created by JD01379 (I assume this is the CIC officer working on my file?)
Eligibility Assessment (created 2012/10/24, updated 2013/05/08)
Due date: 2013/10/23 (I wonder if this date is their deadline for finishing my application?)

FOSS/GCMS check: No adverse info. Temporary resident status authorized during CEC qualifying period. Civil status: Never married, no spouse/CLP or children declared. Work experience: Assessed under Student stream. [Employment details during CEC qualifying period]. Letters confirm dates of employment and describe the duties which appear to conform to NOC. T4s and NOAs provided, with reported earnings consistent with stated occupation. Supporting docs appear sufficient to demonstrate required experience in this NOC code. Language: IELTS submitted, meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level. Education: Canadian credential granted, MLIS, UBC, May 2011. Transcripts appear sufficient to demonstrate at least 2 years FTE studies in Canada. Criminality: PA RCMP Screening – NRT Docs received for PA: FBI check and police clearance from Japan. No additional docs required at this time.

Overall great news, but there were a lot of inconsistencies and errors in the overall GCMS report! My old address is listed, an incorrect employer, and a note indicating they received my police clearance from China (the police clearance is from Japan). Anyway, the notes field is mostly correct (aside from my former employer listed as my current one), and it appears I’ve passed their eligibility criteria. The waiting game continues!

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aanniee said:

Due date: 2013/10/23 (I wonder if this date is their deadline for finishing my application?)

FOSS/GCMS check: No adverse info. Temporary resident status authorized during CEC qualifying period. Civil status: Never married, no spouse/CLP or children declared. Work experience: Assessed under Student stream. [Employment details during CEC qualifying period]. Letters confirm dates of employment and describe the duties which appear to conform to NOC. T4s and NOAs provided, with reported earnings consistent with stated occupation. Supporting docs appear sufficient to demonstrate required experience in this NOC code. Language: IELTS submitted, meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level. Education: Canadian credential granted, MLIS, UBC, May 2011. Transcripts appear sufficient to demonstrate at least 2 years FTE studies in Canada. Criminality: PA RCMP Screening – NRT Docs received for PA: FBI check and police clearance from Japan. No additional docs required at this time.

Overall great news, but there were a lot of inconsistencies and errors in the overall GCMS report! My old address is listed, an incorrect employer, and a note indicating they received my police clearance from China (the police clearance is from Japan). Anyway, the notes field is mostly correct (aside from my former employer listed as my current one), and it appears I've passed their eligibility criteria. The waiting game continues!
Thats awesome! I am hoping my GCMS notes come in this week and hear the same great news as yours!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aanniee said:

Overall great news, but there were a lot of inconsistencies and errors in the overall GCMS report! My old address is listed, an incorrect employer, and a note indicating they received my police clearance from China (the police clearance is from Japan). Anyway, the notes field is mostly correct (aside from my former employer listed as my current one), and it appears I've passed their eligibility criteria. The waiting game continues!
Hey,

When did you apply for your notes?

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
InfoSeeker12 said:
Aaniee...

You should quickly email to CPP-ottawa. Mention to them you received your GCMS notes on your CEC file #.xxx.. and you found the following errors:

1-pcc reported from china (It should be from Japan)
2-Employer name xxxx(is actually former; Current employer is xxxx)
...and so on...

Send the corrections asap so that they dont have an excuse later. Also request for confirmation from CIC, when they have update your file with the correct info. Not sure why so many mistakes are happening. One day cic is sending PPR to a wrong address, the other day they are feeding wrong info in the database. I wonder if they have hired part timers to replace the staff on strike.

All the best.
I doubt if they will update anything which you found inconsistent in GCMS notes.

vbdevgan

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 September 2012
AOR Received.
27th September 2012
Med's Request
24 May 2013
Med's Done....
31 May 2013
Passport Req..
17 Sep2013
VISA ISSUED...
8 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Next Week
bickyii said:
I doubt if they will update anything which you found inconsistent in GCMS notes.
Lambhrdaar saab is right , they are too lazy to update anything.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

@ Aaniee...

You should quickly email to CPP-ottawa. Mention to them you received your GCMS notes on your CEC file #.xxx.. and you found the following errors:

1-pcc reported from china (It should be from Japan)
2-Employer name xxxx(is actually former; Current employer is xxxx)
...and so on...

Send the corrections asap so that they dont have an excuse later. Also request for confirmation from CIC, when they have update your file with the correct info. Regardless of anyone's concern, if the cic will update it or not, - its your responsibility to at least inform CIC about the errors, specially if you have noticed it early. At the end its your application and you would want to take all the steps to ensure smooth processing of your application.

Not sure why so many mistakes are happening. One day cic is sending PPR to a wrong address, the other day they are feeding wrong info in the database. I wonder if they have hired part timers to replace the staff on strike.

All the best.

aanniee

May 17, 2013
Thank you InfoSeeker12. I have just emailed CIC with an update, as I agree that it is better to take responsibility for my application and be overly cautious, than be caught in regret later on.

FYI I applied for my GCMS notes on June 13, and received them this morning.

gihad

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hey, I've been hearing a lot about this GCMS notes thing, what is that? Does it change my application in any way or is it just for people who are too curious about their application status? How do I get one?

Thanks.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
How many people from September are still waiting for medical request ?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
gladaki said:
How many people from September are still waiting for medical request ?
Just from a glance at the table (see below link - guys just a request- pls dont put up the table unless someone is giving an update), it seems more than 60% are waiting for Medical Request. Let's see what magic Chris Alexander brings out of his hat - perhaps something amusing for PAFSO to cheer up and get back to work.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2012-applications-t117746.0.html;msg2376121#msg2376121

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013