09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Update.
Finally

My family got a Pr card pickup letter, anyone had a experience on that
When did they received your PR card application they received my application on 28 March 2018 ecase show status APPLICATION RECEIVED

BritGuy

Jun 26, 2018
An update for all you March applications out there...

Today I received my card in the mail at exactly 111 days since I applied. It was a long wait!

I never received any confirmation that they were processing my application or that they had mailed it out. So don’t give up hope even if you don’t hear from them!

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
Dear experts,

I landed to Canada on 21st July 2016 as a permanent resident for the first time and stayed over there for 45 days and then flew back to the country of my residence. Meanwhile, I was in my country of residence, I renewed my passport as well. Since then, I haven't travelled back to Canada. But I am planning to fly back in the beginning of August 2018. My PR card is getting expired in the third week of August 2021.

In the view of the above scenario , I have the following queries:

1) Am I safe in terms of the residency obligations ? Since, I didn't visit Canada for around 2 consecutive years ?
2) This time , I'll be having my renewed passport along with my PR card. Is it okay as well , since I didn't inform to CIC regarding my passport renewal.

Kindly advice.

gecamom

Jun 5, 2018
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 16, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 27, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 27, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on July 3, 2018.
Finally!!!

visavorpr

May 8, 2018
Dear experts,

I landed to Canada on 21st July 2016 as a permanent resident for the first time and stayed over there for 45 days and then flew back to the country of my residence. Meanwhile, I was in my country of residence, I renewed my passport as well. Since then, I haven't travelled back to Canada. But I am planning to fly back in the beginning of August 2018. My PR card is getting expired in the third week of August 2021.

In the view of the above scenario , I have the following queries:

1) Am I safe in terms of the residency obligations ? Since, I didn't visit Canada for around 2 consecutive years ?
2) This time , I'll be having my renewed passport along with my PR card. Is it okay as well , since I didn't inform to CIC regarding my passport renewal.

Kindly advice.
1. No, you did not meet residency obligations. To meet residency obligation you need to live in Canada for 2 years in the past 5 years. You were here for 45 days.
2. You should be fine, bring with you your old passport if you can

maplezone

Mar 2, 2015
1. No, you did not meet residency obligations. To meet residency obligation you need to live in Canada for 2 years in the past 5 years. You were here for 45 days.
2. You should be fine, bring with you your old passport if you can
What do you mean that I did not meet the residency obligation ? I said I was there for 45 days and I am moving permanently in the next month; whereas my PR card expires in Aug 2021. So how can you say this ?

Momo231

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
What do you mean that I did not meet the residency obligation ? I said I was there for 45 days and I am moving permanently in the next month; whereas my PR card expires in Aug 2021. So how can you say this ?
You should be fine and you can actually apply citizenship. If you apply 2021

momocyl

Jun 6, 2018
Basically received feb 23
Processed may 3
Decision made June 14
Pickup letter send July 2
Hi
What is the reason for pick up?
Can you advise the process and what is the content of letter? Is it like an interview?
Why not sent to your mail box?
Thanks

Momo231

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hi
What is the reason for pick up?
Can you advise the process and what is the content of letter? Is it like an interview?
Why not sent to your mail box?
Thanks
Usually they don’t mail to you because due to live outside Canada all the time.

As for the letter. Basically they want to see your information again, so whatever the information you send to them you must had a copy in hand at the interview.

After the interview they just give you the card

momocyl

Jun 6, 2018
Usually they don’t mail to you because due to live outside Canada all the time.

As for the letter. Basically they want to see your information again, so whatever the information you send to them you must had a copy in hand at the interview.

After the interview they just give you the card
I didn't get the point. My question is that why some people receive by mail and some should pick up. What is the criteria?
I read somewhere that just for quality service check they choose randomly some applications for pick up. Is it correct?
Thanks