+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2017 - Any PR Card renewal applications submitted

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
Just an update. I got off the phone with IRCC, the agent confirmed that my card had been approved, and he also mentioned that it was "sent to production" yesterday. He said that he believes that it should be mailed to me beginning of next week. Hopefully that is the case, and I have it for my trip on June 7th! For those of you who haven't read the old posts, my applications was received on Feb 1st, it was put into processing on April 18th and I received the AOR that same day. The status had been "In Process" since April 18th, until today (May 24th) that it changed to "Decision Made"
Good news. Congrats. My application was recd on 8 th Feb, AOR 23 rd April.

Hopefully it is approved by next week beginning.

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
They need at least 3 weeks for urgent processing. To have your card next week, they would have to mail it today or tomorrow and that is not going to happen. Your only option is to re-route your return flight to a border city in the US and cross the border in a private vehicle. However, I am not sure if you would have issues with CBSA because you have an application in secondary review, or if one thing has nothing to do with the other.
As long as a person is permanent resident, he should not have any problem travelling via road from the USA or with PRTD in a commercial carrier.

They do not deny the permanent residence but would like to review and approve.

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
My concern is that when I land in the US (Seattle) and if I tell the border agent that I plan on driving to Vancouver, won’t they ask to see my status in Canada? Then when I show them an expired PR card, that would raise red flags on their end? I’m not concerned about the CBSA. It’s basically the US border agent that I’m worried about.

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
My concern is that when I land in the US (Seattle) and if I tell the border agent that I plan on driving to Vancouver, won’t they ask to see my status in Canada? Then when I show them an expired PR card, that would raise red flags on their end? I’m not concerned about the CBSA. It’s basically the US border agent that I’m worried about.
Everything is possible, it is up to you to decide if you are willing to take the risk. I honestly don't think that they would not let you in. Just try to bring evidence that you live in Canada just in case. An employment letter to confirm that you have a job and are travelling for business for example, your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, your expired PR card, a copy of the AOR showing that you are processing a new PR Card and print out of the processing time for a PR Card renewal, so he sees that it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get a new one (I wouldn't show anything related to secondary review to not make things more complicated). I honestly don't think that the agent would ask for any of that, but it can't hurt to have it with you.

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Also a copy of your rental car reservation showing pick up in Seattle and return in Vancouver, if you are renting a car

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Just an update. I got off the phone with IRCC, the agent confirmed that my card had been approved, and he also mentioned that it was "sent to production" yesterday. He said that he believes that it should be mailed to me beginning of next week. Hopefully that is the case, and I have it for my trip on June 7th! For those of you who haven't read the old posts, my applications was received on Feb 1st, it was put into processing on April 18th and I received the AOR that same day. The status had been "In Process" since April 18th, until today (May 24th) that it changed to "Decision Made"
Just out of curiosity - does it still show as Decision Made now?

Mari mar

May 6, 2018
Wow the automated line saying processing apps of jan 29 and 115 processing days my goodness It keeps getting higher and higher this is ridiculous i debating if I should just leave for my trip june 6 and then have my family fed ex me
My card while on my trip but it makes me nervous

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
Wow the automated line saying processing apps of jan 29 and 115 processing days my goodness It keeps getting higher and higher this is ridiculous i debating if I should just leave for my trip june 6 and then have my family fed ex me
My card while on my trip but it makes me nervous
I read somewhere that they moved staff to finalize citizenship applications due to forthcoming election.

We have to bear this delay. But to my surprise, they do not have proper arrangement for those who travel for reasons.

sethu10

Feb 9, 2018
Hello,

My status shows as "Decision Made" today.(May 25)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my timeline:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 18, 2018.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck to all of you!!

Reactions: ichv

Calgaryapp1990

Apr 14, 2016
I read somewhere that they moved staff to finalize citizenship applications due to forthcoming election.

We have to bear this delay. But to my surprise, they do not have proper arrangement for those who travel for reasons.
I’m not quite sure about that. My citizenship application was delivered on 25th Oct and I still haven’t got a test invite where as guys from November have already citizens. I wish they followed a first in - first out process to make it fair

alicenikprince

Apr 19, 2018
Not sure what to do in my case:

I mailed my application on January 30, Canada post tracking says it was delivered February 5.

I still have not received an AOR. I called and was told my application has not been opened yet because it was received at the end of February. I told the agent that this can't be right as I even have a signature confirming that it was delivered on Feb. 5. I was told that this does not matter, only what she can see in the computer matters .

Any advice?
Have you received an AOR yet?