+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seperation after ecopr letter from sponsor

newsha

May 10, 2024
My husband sponsored me to pr.i recieved my ecopr letter.we had many problems in the 5 last three months he always treated me for seperation and he was not giving the money as woman.i went to legal aid and explained his abusive behavior.they assigned me a lawyer .my father talked with my husband and for his bad behaviors those some days he changed his behavior. Now he behaves normal with me.we are far relatives as well.our families know each other.now seems he behaves normal.the lawyer sent me email to set apointment but I don't want to come .because my husband is behaving normal and don't talk about seperation.i am waiting for pr card.this situation happened can have affect on my pr.is it better to inform lawyer that every thing is calm?or I can leave everything as it is going on so if they don't call from legal aid I don't call them too

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My husband sponsored me to pr.i recieved my ecopr letter.we had many problems in the 5 last three months he always treated me for seperation and he was not giving the money as woman.i went to legal aid and explained his abusive behavior.they assigned me a lawyer .my father talked with my husband and for his bad behaviors those some days he changed his behavior. Now he behaves normal with me.we are far relatives as well.our families know each other.now seems he behaves normal.the lawyer sent me email to set apointment but I don't want to come .because my husband is behaving normal and don't talk about seperation.i am waiting for pr card.this situation happened can have affect on my pr.is it better to inform lawyer that every thing is calm?or I can leave everything as it is going on so if they don't call from legal aid I don't call them too
I won't go into the whole PR thing before reminding you that only 1-3% of all abusive partners ever change(even after going to court). Don't let that "PR dream" delude from that reality. Before you decide anything, see what your husband is trying to do to change himself. You need to see a concrete steps and a commitment towards improvement. Get him to join one of many abusive partner therapy groups in Canada(every major city in Canada has one of those) - they'd be a massive help!

newsha

May 10, 2024
I won't go into the whole PR thing before reminding you that only 1-3% of all abusive partners ever change(even after going to court). Don't let that "PR dream" delude from that reality. Before you decide anything, see what your husband is trying to do to change himself. You need to see a concrete steps and a commitment towards improvement. Get him to join one of many abusive partner therapy groups in Canada(every major city in Canada has one of those) - they'd be a massive help!
I have ecopr letter but waiting my pr card is it possible that legal aid that assigned me a lawyer notify the ircc?

newsha

May 10, 2024
I have ecopr letter but waiting my pr card is it possible that legal aid that assigned me a lawyer notify the ircc?
My husband that sponsored me can make me pressure to go and work for sharing the expenses?is it legal?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My husband that sponsored me can make me pressure to go and work for sharing the expenses?is it legal?
When your husband invited you he signed some terms of sponsorship. If I am right, those conditions are valid for 3 years of you becoming a PR. Your husband has to bear your expenses for 3 years.

newsha

May 10, 2024
Our marriage is genuine but after marriage he always telling me you must work in canada all they are working husband and wife he has a son 18 years old.the problem is started from this point always the argument was about money with him .everything that we needed for the house he told me you can go and work more than this I can't provide