+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separation Affidavit

Emma_voodle

Apr 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am CEC inland and recently got asked for proof of separation from my husband (we started living apart in Jan 2017). We do not qualify for separation under any of the reasons required in the UK and simply cannot afford divorce right now - plus divorce can take 4-10 months and I can't wait that long without working.

So I have started obtaining a separation affidavit - from both he and I - one from UK and Canada. The separation is amicable.

Has anybody done this? Are there things that i definitely need to include in the affidavit? I'm having trouble finding an example online for a case similar to this one.

Any help is appreciated.

Emma

AOR: June 29th
Meds Passed & ADR: August 28th
IP1: August 28th

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Hi Emma, What did you end up doing? I am in a similar situation and I uploaded an affidavit from my spouse when CIC asked for a divorce certificate.

Hi everyone,

I am CEC inland and recently got asked for proof of separation from my husband (we started living apart in Jan 2017). We do not qualify for separation under any of the reasons required in the UK and simply cannot afford divorce right now - plus divorce can take 4-10 months and I can't wait that long without working.

So I have started obtaining a separation affidavit - from both he and I - one from UK and Canada. The separation is amicable.

Has anybody done this? Are there things that i definitely need to include in the affidavit? I'm having trouble finding an example online for a case similar to this one.

sakshibedi

Feb 6, 2022
hi there,
Actually i do need a advice too in this same matter. As me and my husband was living apart from each other from 1.5 years. both of us are currently in canada. We have filed for divorce as well. As i have applied for NSNP as legally separated. i got my pnp and got ITA for express entry .But i want to know for legal separation proof ..only the filed divorce paper will be enough ? or i have to provide explanation letter as well for separation? if i need to provide the affidavit of separation .. does anyone have sample? how could i explain to them ?it would be appreciated if somebody can guide me thank you.

ProfMovingToCanada

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
hi there,
Actually i do need a advice too in this same matter. As me and my husband was living apart from each other from 1.5 years. both of us are currently in canada. We have filed for divorce as well. As i have applied for NSNP as legally separated. i got my pnp and got ITA for express entry .But i want to know for legal separation proof ..only the filed divorce paper will be enough ? or i have to provide explanation letter as well for separation? if i need to provide the affidavit of separation .. does anyone have sample? how could i explain to them ?it would be appreciated if somebody can guide me thank you.
Hello. Can I ask how you ended up dealing with all this, what you provided and if IRCC was happy with that?