+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent application details

harshitah

Feb 16, 2019
Hi

I sent my application for Canadian citizenship in Toronto. Details:

Physical Presence days: 1279
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 25, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 15, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 27, 2018.
Haven't heard back about anything after that. This does seem a bit longer than usual after going through the timelines on the google sheets. Any comments?

Thanks!

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
My comments on this would be:
- do you have continued full time job or study in Canada during the eligibility period
- are you coming from a country that our neighboring presidents might call “shithole” or “axe of evil”
- did you have any problems with the police or the law
- did you travel a lot
- do you have continued residency history during the eligibility period
- not hearing from the IRCC since end of August for a Toronto applicant is not so bad

harshitah

Feb 16, 2019
My comments on this would be:
- do you have continued full time job or study in Canada during the eligibility period
- are you coming from a country that our neighboring presidents might call “shithole” or “axe of evil”
- did you have any problems with the police or the law
- did you travel a lot
- do you have continued residency history during the eligibility period
- not hearing from the IRCC since end of August for a Toronto applicant is not so bad
Hi! Thanks for getting back!
- Full time study for most of the eligibility period
- Nope
- Nope
- Kinda yes
- For the most part
- I hope so too.. The wait is really agonizing

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Technically you have till June to really "worry" about the application since you are still within the 12 month period of a "typical, routine" case.
If you look through the forum, there are applicants from Jan 2018 who just got their test invite.
I understand it is frustrating to wait, especially if someone from the same timeline as you got test invite/oath already while yours still shows in-process. Everyone case is different, it is not really first come first serve anymore with this type of applications.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi

I sent my application for Canadian citizenship in Toronto. Details:

Physical Presence days: 1279
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 25, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 15, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 27, 2018.
Haven't heard back about anything after that. This does seem a bit longer than usual after going through the timelines on the google sheets. Any comments?

Thanks!
It is totally normal not to have heard anything. People who applied from Toronto in February and March 2018 are currently the ones who seem to get a decent amount of test invites. If you hear nothing until June 2019, that is totally normal as stated above. I know the wait is annoying, I feel ya. But Toronto is unfortunately one of the slowest regions.