+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SENIORS PLS. GUIDE ME!

syeda

Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI GUYS,

I HAVE APPLIED FOR CANADA IMMIGRATION AND MY INITIAL APPLICATION RECIEVED BY NS ON 2nd DECEMBER 2009.I HAVE SOME QUERIES HERE:

1)How many months bank statement for proof of funds?Is 2-3 months statement enough? for how many months we need to keep the money in bank account.SHOULD WE SHOW MONEY ON LANDING AS A PROOF OF FUNDS?Whereas ,we will just go and take our PR and return back to middle east?
WHAT DOES FINAL DECISION MADE?IS IT AFTER STAMING VISA ON PASSPORTS?
2)MY HUSBAND IS A PRINCIPAL APPLICANT,HE HAD AN ACCIDENT 12 YEARS BACK N LOST HIS LAST SMALL FINGER OF HIS RIGHT HAND?WOULD THAT MAKE A PROBLEM IN MEDICALS?
3)Could we stay the whole period after getting PR in our resident country and just go monthly each year before getting passports?as there are some personal reasons?
REPLY ME SOON.
THANKS,
SYEDA

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
1) usually one month but they can ask for more. Yes you should show proof of fund when landing. not sure how proof should be shown at that time.

2) I don't think this would be a problem because this should not make undue pressure on the Canadian health system.
3) I think you mean to say that you want to go for one month of every year. In that case, you will loose your PR status after somewhere between 3 years and 2 months or 3 years and 3months. You should read the rules on residency and citizenship.

syeda

Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
1) usually one month but they can ask for more. Yes you should show proof of fund when landing. not sure how proof should be shown at that time.

2) I don't think this would be a problem because this should not make undue pressure on the Canadian health system.
3) I think you mean to say that you want to go for one month of every year. In that case, you will loose your PR status after somewhere between 3 years and 2 months or 3 years and 3months. You should read the rules on residency and citizenship.
HI,
THANX rupeshhari, FOR REPLYING ME EARLY.
ACTUALLY I SAW ON FORUM,THAT SOME PEOPLE FROM MIDDLE EAST SAID THAT THEY USED TO STAY OUTSIDE CANADA FOR 3 YEARS AND JUST SPEND 1 MONTH PER YEAR.SO ASKING THIS?DOES ANYBODY HAS ANY IDEA OR EXPERIENCE?OR TO SPEND 3 YEARS OUT OF 5 YEARS IS NECESSARY?
FOR LONDON OFFICE,IS 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT ENOUGH OR FOR MORE MONTHS?
WAITING FOR REPLY.
THANX,
SYEDA

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR in Canada is meant for people who want to live in Canada. The requirements to keep your PR is that you stay in Canada at least 730 days in any 5 year period. When it's time to renew your PR card after 5 years, you have to fill out a form stating where you have been living and how much you have been staying in Canada. If you tell the truth, that you do not have 730 days, you will lose your PR. If you lie and they find out about it through background checks, you will also lose your PR.

To get citizenship, it is not enough to have PR for 3 years, you have to have PR for 3 years while living in Canada. You have to have lived in Canada 3 out of the last 4 years before you apply for citizenship. Again, if you lie on this form and get caught, you will not get citizenship and might even lose your PR for misrepresentation. For sure there are people who have lied to immigration and gotten away with it but it's not exactly to be recommended.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
u hav to live there for 3 yers out of 5 for ur PR to continue

majkla

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syeda said:
3)Could we stay the whole period after getting PR in our resident country and just go monthly each year before getting passports?as there are some personal reasons?
I'm sorry, but do you actually WANT to live in Canada? Please keep in mind that the number of people chosen for immigration each year is limited. So if you don't really want to go to Canada, it would be great if you kept your spot open to people who do.