+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors pls advise -Received File number from CIC- Request of FULL application

Topaz

Feb 19, 2009
I have just received a letter containing the AOR & File number today. I applied on 5th of Jan 2009 under category 1 -skilled worker application. The letter is dated the end of Jan 2009. Received it today 4th of March.

My file has been transferred to singapore.

I have been advised to send the singapore visa office a copy of the CIC letter & all the forms that I have submitted before in early January.

IMM 008
Background declaration Schedule 1
Additional Family Information
Schedule 3 : Economic classes.

AND ALL supporting documents which includes birth certs, photocopies of the passports, documents of my relatives in canada, work experience letters, IELTS results, proof of funds, police certs, passport photos and fee payment.

I have a few questions:

My question is since all the copies of the above documents need to be notarized? Will a magistrate notarize them? or should I go to the canadian high commission to get the stamps?

My brother is my relative in Canada who is a citizen. He will be only sending me a photocopy of his passport. Does this photocopy have to be notarized in Canada? If so...by whom? Or can he just send it to me, and I pass it onto the magistrate? But will the magistrate notarize the photocopy of the passport when he doesn't have the original passport to refer to?

I am puzzled by the fee payment bit as I have already paid the fee of for my family and received a receipt from CIC, Sydney. What other fees must I pay?

Do I need to get my medicals done at this point? It isn't very clear from the document checklist of singapore. From what I understand, after I have sent all the documents, if successful- I will be called for an interview and then I will be doing my medicals. Is that correct?

For the IELTS will it be my results or my husband's results as well. I am the principal applicant.

Any advice from the respected seniors of this forum will be very much appreciated.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
you should look at appendix A appropriate for your country and see what needs to be notarized. For the photocopies, you can go to the magistrate or to anyone authorized to notarize in your country. I don't know if CHC is authorized to notarize. I heard its expensive in Singapore so you would want to do only the copies that are necessary to be notarized.

For now, you don't have to pay any other fee. The fee that comes later is the fee that comes when you are about to get your PR. You don't have to pay it now.

They will send you details about medicals later. that is my understanding.

Only principle applicant need to show IELTS.

Topaz

Feb 19, 2009
Thank you Rupeshari for your reply.

Yes, it will cost me a lot of money, but the conditions dictate that all the photocopies of the documents must be notarized. :( No choice really.

I am worried about the photocopy of my brother's passport. I am worried the magistrate will not be able to notarize it because my brother will not be sending me his original passport.

I am indebted to your kindness and your generosity in sharing your information.

Best wishes: Topaz

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Someone pointed out to me recently that not all documents need to be notarized. They specifically do say what need to be notarized in appendix A. Having said that, I did notarize every document because it is free here in the US.

As for your brother's passport, it cannot be notarized in Singapore. He would have to notarize in Canada and mail it to you.

If you find a cheap option for notarizing in Sg, let me know. One of my old NUS classmates is looking to apply from Sg.
Thanks.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
topaz,

it's good to hear somebody from asia receive their aor in 2 months.

i sent mine january 27, and based on your timetable, i'll expect to receive mine by the end of march before i get really worried.

send everything they ask for notarized.

if they're asking you for the Right of Permanent Resident Fee of CAD$490 with your documents, you should send it together with your documents. thats a good thing, maybe they're really fast tracking everything.
good luck.

jtob

Topaz

Feb 19, 2009
Hello Jtob

Yes, I agree with you, I will notarize everything just to be on the safe side. As rupeshari warned me, it will be a very expensive experience. But it's worth it.

According the the visa specific instructions, the fees I have already paid. It is not the landing fee at this stage.

My documents will first have to be acceptable and approved by them

I may have to attend an interview - If I am successful

Medicals will be requested. - If I am successful

Then passports will be requested alongside the landing fee.

That is my understanding of the whole process. I have still a long way to go.

The post mark on my application showed 6/2/2009. It took less than a month for it to reach me in Singapore. I am very thankful I received it!

Anyways, Best of luck to you and your application.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Topaz said:
Hello Jtob

Yes, I agree with you, I will notarize everything just to be on the safe side. As rupeshari warned me, it will be a very expensive experience. But it's worth it.

According the the visa specific instructions, the fees I have already paid. It is not the landing fee at this stage.

My documents will first have to be acceptable and approved by them

I may have to attend an interview - If I am successful

Medicals will be requested. - If I am successful

Then passports will be requested alongside the landing fee.

That is my understanding of the whole process. I have still a long way to go.

The post mark on my application showed 6/2/2009. It took less than a month for it to reach me in Singapore. I am very thankful I received it!

Anyways, Best of luck to you and your application.

1. If you are claiming 5 points for adaptability for your brother in Canada, you need more that his passport. You need a copy of his birth certificate, your birth certificate (showing the same parents) a copy of his Canadian passport (doesn't have to be notarized) and prove that he is residing in Canada, T4s, Rent receipts, pay checks, visa statement etc.
2. Read the Appendix A for Singapore, the only documents that require notarization are:

#6 • Professional qualifications certificates: notarized professional qualification
certificates should be submitted if available. (e.g.. Engineer, Computer
Programmer, Accountant, Economist, Translator/Interpreter, Architect etc.)
#7 For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
• notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,
accompanied by an English or French translation

PMM

PMM

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
topaz,

verify with your visa office if the fee they're asking for is the RPRF or not. i read a previous post that an applicant was asked to submit his documents, medicals, passports and fees all in one time.

DIWAR posted that he was asked to send the fee with his documents also.

send a photocopy of your brother's passport, ( no need to notarize, they can easily check if its authentic ) and both your birth certificates showing the same parents.

jtob

Topaz

Feb 19, 2009
PMM & Pencilcut

Many thanks for your replies. I just have to point out that under the visa specific directions for the Singapore office, they state the following:

1) Send notarized copies of all documents except the police certificates This is in the opening paragraph. PMM rightly identified No 6 & No 7 as needing notarized copies: i.e. Professional qualification certificates & notarized employment contracts.
If none of the other documents need to be notarized then why does the opening paragraph indicate otherwise. They specify ALL documents. Please advise. I probably go with Rupeshari's advice of notarizing everything. That is the safest option.

2) Under Identity & Civil Status Documents: Photocopy of citizenship certificate, PR card, or PR Visa for any family members who are canadian citizens or PRs of Canada

3) Under proof of relationship in Canada: proof of Canadian citizenship such as photocopy pages of a Canadian passport or Canadian citizen ship card.

I am puzzled PMM, as you mentioned credit card statements etc. These are not specified at all in Appendix A.

I also have a sister who is a PR. Do I have to include her PR documents as well as my brother's documents? (citizen)

For pencilcut, I will check with the singapore visa office whether the fees is the RPRF or the normal processing fee. Here is what they say about :

The Right of Permanent Residence fee

You will only need to pay this fee if your application to immigrate as a skilled worker is approved. It covers you and your accompanying spouse or common-law partner, if applicable. It must be paid before Citizenship and Immigration Canada issues your permanent resident visa.

My application has not been approved as I still have my 2nd stage documents to send, interview and medicals to do. Rupeshari says I don't have to pay this at this stage. He has advised me before and he is very rarely wrong! Just look at all the positive comments from other forum members. I am his avid follower ! :)

Thank you to all the seniors who have taken the time and the effort to answer my humble queries.

Best wishes, Topaz

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for the compliment but....i could very well be wrong. Remember i have only experience with one application and that one is not converted to a PR yet ha ha.

If they ask for the RPR fees, then you should send it but if they haven't asked for it, you can send it in later with your medical (thats my understanding anyway). Buffalo visa office doesn't ask for it now.
Some people send it in early because they believe it expedites their processing a bit.

Did your visa office specifically ask you for your RPR fees?

Topaz

Feb 19, 2009
Hi Rupeshari

No they have not specifically asked for the RPRF fees. They vaguely put down fee payment and to refer to the Guide for Federal Skilled Workers.

In the guide, they put down processing fees followed by the RPRF fees. So this has left me confused.

From what I know from the forum and the CIC guidelines, it is too premature for the payment of RPRF fees at this point. But I am not 100% sure and jtob advised me to email the visa office to check. [TQ jtob]

I will email the visa office, just in case and post their answer as soon as I get it.

TQ
Best wishes, Topaz

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
great. good luck.