+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors please reply. Want to visit Canada while PR in process.

Bozica

Feb 2, 2009
Hello all,

I want to visit Canada to my see my daughter studying there as an int. student for the last two years. She is unable to visit us as her study permit extension is in process there. Our PR is also in process under old system.

Is it going to have any affect on our PR processing if I apply for visitor visa for a month? Please advise.

Regards

Bozica

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
No it should not. Am saying this cause my case was similar to yours and I still got a visitor's visa. Just make sure that when you are filling out the visa from that you mention that your pr is in process and give all the necessary details (there is a section which asks for this info). Basically just fill the form out with honesty.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenny999 said:
No it should not. Am saying this cause my case was similar to yours and I still got a visitor's visa. Just make sure that when you are filling out the visa from that you mention that your pr is in process and give all the necessary details (there is a section which asks for this info). Basically just fill the form out with honesty.

What if you are from a Visa Exempt country (passport holder). Can you visit Canada while your PR is in process?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I think if they will give visa to a person from a non-visa exempt country, they'd let those from visa exempt country in too. But you should call them at the embassy to find out. Are you thinking of going for a quick-see.

kyu010170

May 27, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009 Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
27-05-2009 NS AOR
AOR Received.
9-06-2009 Buffalo AOR
File Transfer...
Remained in Buffalo
Med's Request
26-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
For as long as you qualify as a visitor under the rule on temporary residents, your pending PR should not be a hindrance. In short, you will need to show proof of ties to your home country, that in case PR is not mapproved, you will be returning to your home country etc.

I agree with Rupeshhari, call your embassy first to find out.

Bozica

Feb 2, 2009
We haven't seen her for the past two years and at this stage she is unable to visit us as i mentioned earlier. Do you think it's not a genuine reason to go there and see our child?

I belong to a non-exempt visa country and I have got all the good reasons to come back and wait for my PR. Now what you say?

Bozica

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Ja. I think you may have to show some times back to your home country, like property, work, etc, when you apply. I think this is a standard procedure anyway. I haven't applied for a visitor's visa. This I got from reading on this forum.
Well, your reason to go to Canada is good enough. Lekker vakansie.

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
Bozica said:
....Is it going to have any affect on our PR processing if I apply for visitor visa for a month? Please advise.
I was issued a visitor's visa last year and had no problem. Just be completely honest in your application and demonstrate your intention to return to your home country after visiting. The only issue I would envisage is if your daughter is out-of-status in Canada and your stated intention is to visit her.

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
my reason was vacation. which it was....we also wanted to check the place out before we moved. I submitted my bank statements and letter from current employer which indicated that i was still with my current job and was coming back along with my visa application