+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors Please Help!!!

jenny1234

Sep 16, 2009
Hi,

I am planning to apply PR under federal skilled worker category. I have a master's degree from a US university and working on H1B from past 2 years(2+ years experience). When i did the free assessment i got 72 points. I did that with 0 points for the language. I have never written IELTS test. But i have read in some posts that we need IELTS score for sure even if you reach the min score required. Is it true? Do i need to write IELTS even i have 72 points?

ThankS in Advance

zednought

Dec 26, 2008
Cambridge, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2008
Doc's Request.
16-06-2009
Med's Request
17-11-2009
Med's Done....
08-12-2009
Passport Req..
04-01-2010
LANDED..........
14-06-2010
You MUST demonstrate your ability in either the French or English language. If your mother tongue is not one of these then IELTS or TEF is pretty much mandatory.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't need the points, you can do a written submission. You'll probably get some points for it. If you claim 8 or 12, it's more likely that you'll get it than if you claim full points.

jenny1234 said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply PR under federal skilled worker category. I have a master's degree from a US university and working on H1B from past 2 years(2+ years experience). When i did the free assessment i got 72 points. I did that with 0 points for the language. I have never written IELTS test. But i have read in some posts that we need IELTS score for sure even if you reach the min score required. Is it true? Do i need to write IELTS even i have 72 points?

ThankS in Advance
In order to get better understanding what should be done in your case please refer to Section 10.4 at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf Good Luck!

jenny1234 said:
Hi,

ThankS in Advance
I just wonder how did you come up with 72 points (masters degree, 2 + experience and no points for English)?