+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

seniors please guide

SURESHPALAKKAD

Feb 8, 2013
My wife is going to apply for a 6 months programme in health care aide .
1. She is 33 yrs old . Will she get TRV?
2.If she completes the course can she apply for work permit without coming back to home country?
3.How much time it will take for trv

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is her field of work in homeland? Health Care Aid? If not then why SUDDENLY Health Care Aid course IN CANADA?

1) Her age does not matter.
2) She may; however, she will need a LMO.
3) Look at www.cic.gc.ca
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

SURESHPALAKKAD

Feb 8, 2013
actually she wants to pursue bachelor's in nursing , but she has got gap of 12 yrs in her study . As this course doesn't require study visa she opted for this.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure it is an exactly 6 months course?

Nobody including VO can tell you how long it takes to get TVR. Each case is different.

Besides there is a little trick with work after graduation. Such positions are unionised and EVERY health care aid starts working ON CALL ONLY. This is not a full time position and that means she will not be able to get LMO. (Her employer will not be able to get LMO for her).

SURESHPALAKKAD

Feb 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your valuable time and opinions.As per the guidelines of the college its 6 months course. I really look forward for your opinion. Yes after that she will have to get her name on register in BC. That is the first of many steps . But without a validated course from B C she will not be able to get her name in register. Education is something that they give priority.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Education is a first step but the second is as important as the first one. She will not be able to get LMO because they do not hire for the full time. And LMO is issued ONLY if there is full time job offer.

I live in BC and my friend graduated from this program and has been working two years already.

SURESHPALAKKAD

Feb 8, 2013
Thanks a lot was just asking your valuable suggestion and not decision....please don't be rude........thanks for your time.