+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors need help

maxo

Star Member
Dec 29, 2008
Hi,

My file is under review since april 2009 (sent all the required documents in april 2009). I am a post 27 Feb 2008 applicant.

My question is that my pcc and ielts result will be 1 year old if i don't hear from CHC till april 2010.

Do i need to get another recent pcc and ielts result?

Just checking so that i can start preparing again for my ielts?

Please reply ASAP!

Najeebkhan84

Sep 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May 2011
Doc's Request.
Send along with Application
IELTS Request
Send Along with Documents
Med's Request
25-1-2013
Med's Done....
18-2-2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
PPR1> 9-10-13 7 PPR2> 24-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2013
LANDED..........
26 jan,2014
i think No,bcoz once u send ur full application+documents,ur time Freezes ,for IELTS i ma for sure but doubtful about PCC

but lets wait for other member replies on that,may be i am wrong

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Actually I have submitted my PCC and application in OCt 2008. Though I got FBI fingerprints in Sep 2008, forgot send it with original application. Fast forward Sep 2009, receieved letter asking me to go thru medicals and submit FBI fingerprint records. Took a risk to send the old FBI records that were taken in Sep 2008. I believe it was accepted by them and a weekback received e-mail to submit my passports for issuance of visa. Also I did not take IELTS though I am not a native english speaker. Just letter with original application explaining my efficiency in English. I am not sure whether it helps or not. Just thought of sharing what I did.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
newceo: CONGRATS !!!

maxo: Don't worry, the IELTS & PCC are ok till they are with the CHC. Though, during the meds they might (repeat might) ask the PCC (Only) again.

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks Qurax.
Actually I have not received any letter as such. But received e-mail asking me to submit the passports.
e-mail says "This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to request your passports for visa issuance."

Does it mean that all security/background checks has been done and are now ready to issue visa right ?

Or do I need to worry what is going to happen ?

I am optimistic abt getting the visa in couple of weeks. But its just a thought that keeps me awake me in the night.

Thanks....

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
maxo:

As long as you sent the documents to CIC on time and they are current at the time you sent them, you don't need to worry about the documents becoming obsolete. You can't keep sending PCC letters to CIC from time to time since they do background check continuously. Also, IELTS is valid in itself for 2 years. Not that the validity period of IELTS results matter as long as you sent them on time and they were not outdated at the time you sent them.

Mark

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
newceo said:
Thanks Qurax.
Actually I have not received any letter as such. But received e-mail asking me to submit the passports.
e-mail says "This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to request your passports for visa issuance."

Does it mean that all security/background checks has been done and are now ready to issue visa right ? Or do I need to worry what is going to happen ? I am optimistic abt getting the visa in couple of weeks. But its just a thought that keeps me awake me in the night.

Thanks....
Friend, it means 'all's well that ends well'! Have a ball now, u r thru man...

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Have already sent my passport to Consulate for stamping. As per the instruction I have provided the pre-paid USPS enelope also. The return address is in US itself. My current address in Buffalo office database is India address and the return address on the return envelope is US address. Do I need to change my communication address to US address or let the India address be there and since I have provided the return envelope with US address, they don't care ?

If at all I need to change the address, need to send them a mail with US address.

I am in confusion.

Senoirs please suggest...

Thanks...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
The address label of US on ur USPS envelope is FINE. It doesn't matter if the the address on apps is that of India. And u don't need to change it now.

delphrose

Jan 15, 2010
congrats ... i got a similar email, but i have question: did they ask for photos in the email sent to u. I am confused as some of my friends told me that they require photos. please advise

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maxo said:
Hi,

My file is under review since april 2009 (sent all the required documents in april 2009). I am a post 27 Feb 2008 applicant.

My question is that my pcc and ielts result will be 1 year old if i don't hear from CHC till april 2010.

Do i need to get another recent pcc and ielts result?

Just checking so that i can start preparing again for my ielts?

Please reply ASAP!
Once you send all your documents, the validity of the documents is locked then and there itself (If applicable). You do not need to worry about it.