NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
Seniors....

I'm happy to say that after a long long long wait we finally got a Passport request, hoping in another 3 to 6 weeks we'll get our passports back with visa or Copr with single entry.

Well we are making landing to complete the landing formalities as there will be limited time or expiry date on the visa, however we do not have any near plans to settle down in Canada as we need to look out for good job in Canada before moving.

My questions:
1) Is it ok to land in boarder and come back to USA on next day?
2) Is it ok to tell the immigration officer that we are not moving immediately instead we'll take 1 or 2 months to complete all the left over work in USA? Any forms need to be filled for goods and cars we are going to take from USA?
3) Is it ok to give Canadian friend's address to mail our PR Cards?
4) As we r going to be back to USA on the very next day of landing in boarder and giving our canadian friend's address for mailing PR Cards, so how do we collect them later on??? Is it possible to go back to Canada with earlier proof of landing papers???
5) I believe now a days Canadian Immigration officers are becoming very strict when it comes to landing and not entertaining the concept of getting back to USA and giving Canadian friend's address for mailing PR Cards, is that true? As any of you faced an issues like this???
6) Suppose with god's grace everything goes fine and I'll get PR Cards through our canadian friends either by courier or collecting personally, up to when I can stay back in USA with out going to Canada in order to retain my PR Status???

I know I'm asking too many queries but sorry I just want to make sure that I'll do things correctly and maintain the PR Status :)

Thanks in advance and really appreciate your valuable responses.

Anu

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Of course, you can do.

2. Answer to the questions clearly. You should tell that you will have goods to follow and the Car. You need to fill up B4 form with details with the CBSA at the border and get one copy duly stamped. That copy is required to bring the listed items later for settlement, without customs duty. CBSA will explain you the procedure for importing your car without duty.

3. You can give the address, on which your PR Cards will be mailed. If asked you tell that you are going to live with your friend on that address till you find a home for yourself.

4. Your friend can send the PR card to you by courier or by Canada express post once it is received.
You may also be allowed to enter via US boarder by car with your COPR copy and passport, but not by air or public transport.

5. I don't know. The CBSA are assigned at the boarder offices with very responsible task. Their approach to the people at the border are usually pleasant. Rarely there could have some occasions with embarrassing situation to some people ???.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
anu_pallavi said:
Seniors....

I'm happy to say that after a long long long wait we finally got a Passport request, hoping in another 3 to 6 weeks we'll get our passports back with visa or Copr with single entry.

Well we are making landing to complete the landing formalities as there will be limited time or expiry date on the visa, however we do not have any near plans to settle down in Canada as we need to look out for good job in Canada before moving.

My questions:
1) Is it ok to land in boarder and come back to USA on next day?
2) Is it ok to tell the immigration officer that we are not moving immediately instead we'll take 1 or 2 months to complete all the left over work in USA? Any forms need to be filled for goods and cars we are going to take from USA?
3) Is it ok to give Canadian friend's address to mail our PR Cards?
4) As we r going to be back to USA on the very next day of landing in boarder and giving our canadian friend's address for mailing PR Cards, so how do we collect them later on??? Is it possible to go back to Canada with earlier proof of landing papers???
5) I believe now a days Canadian Immigration officers are becoming very strict when it comes to landing and not entertaining the concept of getting back to USA and giving Canadian friend's address for mailing PR Cards, is that true? As any of you faced an issues like this???
6) Suppose with god's grace everything goes fine and I'll get PR Cards through our canadian friends either by courier or collecting personally, up to when I can stay back in USA with out going to Canada in order to retain my PR Status???

I know I'm asking too many queries but sorry I just want to make sure that I'll do things correctly and maintain the PR Status :)

Thanks in advance and really appreciate your valuable responses.

Anu

6. You can be out of Canada for a period of 3 years out of 5 years to maintain your Permanent Residency Status....IF you are living more than 3 yrs out side of Canada then you might/may lose your PR Status..Be careful...

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
wilson said:
1. Of course, you can do.

2. Answer to the questions clearly. You should tell that you will have goods to follow and the Car. You need to fill up B4 form with details with the CBSA at the border and get one copy duly stamped. That copy is required to bring the listed items later for settlement, without customs duty. CBSA will explain you the procedure for importing your car without duty.

3. You can give the address, on which your PR Cards will be mailed. If asked you tell that you are going to live with your friend on that address till you find a home for yourself.

4. Your friend can send the PR card to you by courier or by Canada express post once it is received.
You may also be allowed to enter via US boarder by car with your COPR copy and passport, but not by air or public transport.

5. I don't know. The CBSA are assigned at the boarder offices with very responsible task. Their approach to the people at the border are usually pleasant. Rarely there could have some occasions with embarrassing situation to some people ???.
Dear Wilson,

Oh that was quick and lovely response. Thanks so much indeed :) Now I can make my landing confidently.

The last questions to ask: Is B4 form is available in CIC Website??? Along with B4 Form, Passport and COPR what else we need to take for landing???

Thanks again!!!

Anu

anu_pallavi

Jun 8, 2011
Harrisburg
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 05 2011 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 05 2011 (AINP)
AOR Received.
Oct 05 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
CPP-O
Med's Request
Oct 05 2011
Med's Done....
April 01 2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 13 2013
LANDED..........
Jun 09 2013
tahsinmohammad said:
6. You can be out of Canada for a period of 3 years out of 5 years to maintain your Permanent Residency Status....IF you are living more than 3 yrs out side of Canada then you might/may lose your PR Status..Be careful...
Dear Tashinmohammad,

Thanks for the response. From your status it looks like even you would doing landing shortly, please share your experience once you do the landing.

Anu

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
anu_pallavi said:
Dear Tashinmohammad,

Thanks for the response. From your status it looks like even you would doing landing shortly, please share your experience once you do the landing.

Anu
Well I am Canadian and I sponsored my wife..She will go thru landing and I will keep posted when time comes....Good luck

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anu_pallavi said:
Dear Wilson,

Oh that was quick and lovely response. Thanks so much indeed :) Now I can make my landing confidently.

The last questions to ask: Is B4 form is available in CIC Website??? Along with B4 Form, Passport and COPR what else we need to take for landing???

Thanks again!!!

Anu
You are welcome Anu,

You will be able to download the forms from the given URLs. Form B4A is the continuation of B4.

You should make prints as much as required. If you have any questions regarding the forms, please don't hesitate to ask.

Form B4:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Form B4A

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4a.pdf

You don't need anything else other than passports, COPRs and Proof of Funds. .

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anu, if you are planning to bring your used car to Canada from USA, when you move for permanent settlement you need to do many things in advance. Your vehicle must meet Canadian standards, even if it was manufactured for the United States (US). Before you try to import it, check if your vehicle is on the list of vehicles admissible from the United States published by Transport Canada. At the border, you must inform US Customs that your vehicle will leave the US permanently. US Customs recommends that you contact the port of crossing directly to find out what documentation is required and their hours of operation.

Go to this link for more information:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/basic_trade/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml