+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors Advice Please?

imranmcse

Star Member
Feb 21, 2010
Al Ain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seniors. I need a valuable piece of advice from you all.
My case is following:
I have 5 years’ experience as part time University –Lecturer (NOC 4121) in IT subjects. I worked around 20 hours per week so in this way my part time experience will be equal to around 2 years full time. That’s fine. After these 5 years I moved to Company A and started working as IT Administrator / Manager. This position involves 60% managerial work as in NOC 213 and remaining is LAN Administrator kind of job.
After that one year as IT Admin I moved to another Company B and worked for 2.5 years as IT Infrastructure Manager. This job’s all duties almost 100% comply with NOC 213.
Now my question is if I want to claim 3.5 years of experience under NOC 213 from Company A and B, will it be ok with CIO? Because some people told me it’s not good to show that you become IT Manager directly after University – Lecturer instead I should show Company A experience as LAN Administrator (My old employee can give me any kind of letter). Then CIO will consider your Company B experience as IT manager otherwise they might feel suspicious that how he become IT Manager directly.
Is it true? Shall I show Company A experience as LAN Administrator and claim points for Company B’s 2.5 years’ experience or I should combine both as IT Manager and get points for 3.5 years? What is your opinion seniors please reply?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imranmcse said:
Hi seniors. I need a valuable piece of advice from you all.
My case is following:
I have 5 years' experience as part time University –Lecturer (NOC 4121) in IT subjects. I worked around 20 hours per week so in this way my part time experience will be equal to around 2 years full time. That's fine. After these 5 years I moved to Company A and started working as IT Administrator / Manager. This position involves 60% managerial work as in NOC 213 and remaining is LAN Administrator kind of job.
After that one year as IT Admin I moved to another Company B and worked for 2.5 years as IT Infrastructure Manager. This job's all duties almost 100% comply with NOC 213.
Now my question is if I want to claim 3.5 years of experience under NOC 213 from Company A and B, will it be ok with CIO? Because some people told me it's not good to show that you become IT Manager directly after University – Lecturer instead I should show Company A experience as LAN Administrator (My old employee can give me any kind of letter). Then CIO will consider your Company B experience as IT manager otherwise they might feel suspicious that how he become IT Manager directly.
Is it true? Shall I show Company A experience as LAN Administrator and claim points for Company B's 2.5 years' experience or I should combine both as IT Manager and get points for 3.5 years? What is your opinion seniors please reply?
See the good point is that you have experience under NOC 4121 and 0213 as well. You will have to mention your complete work experience so its better to mention all of it. You mention both Company A and B exp and draft your duties correctly so that CIO can give you an approval. Rest the the job to CIO. Best of luck

imranmcse

Star Member
Feb 21, 2010
Al Ain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
See the good point is that you have experience under NOC 4121 and 0213 as well. You will have to mention your complete work experience so its better to mention all of it. You mention both Company A and B exp and draft your duties correctly so that CIO can give you an approval. Rest the the job to CIO. Best of luck
Thanks rocky dear. I love you :). Other seniors your input please as well?