+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Senior Members help please, - sending IELTS scores

candy555

Dec 10, 2008
Hi all,

I applied for PR before 28 Feb under FSW1 cat. I didnot provide my IELTS score at the time of filing my application. I have got good scores in IELTS tests.

In my last thread, PMM advised me that I should not send my scores to CIC instead I must wait for the document update letter.

Now my question is that, is it possible that the IO could take a decision on my case without asking for document update by considering his own scores on my English proficiency? In that situation I will be unable to send them my IELTS scores and all my hopes will be ruined.
Anyone who has gone through a similar situation, please comment. All replies are appreciated.

Regards
Candy

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008
How much points did you claim for English language in your application? Have you got your AOR? Normally CIC sends letter reqesting IELTS immediately after AOR letter

candy555

Dec 10, 2008
Hi PCHC,

I claimed 4 points in each section. I received AOR with in two months of filing (4 years back) and they didnot ask me to submit IELTS scores. They did ask to send some other documents but not IELTS score. In fact, I did send my TOEFL scores. I am living and working in Eng speaking country for the past 10 years. Anyways, I have recently achieved good scores and now am able to prove what I have claimed in my application. So, you mean to say that they have given me all 16 points as they didnot ask for the scores?

Now my question is that should I send my scores now or wait for their letter for document update?

Can they decide not to give 16 points as I have claimed, and reject my application without asking for document update?

Candy