Med's Request
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2012
Hi! Is there anybody here who is applying to Seneca for the winter term? I submitted my application (in person, because I am in Canada at the moment) last August 17.

Seneca Application Timeline:

August 17 - Submitted my application to Seneca - Newnham
- Girl in the international admissions office said that applications usually take 4-6 weeks to process, but they have been doing it quickly like, 3 weeks minimum

August 24 - Received e-mail from Seneca, asking for 12th grade Mathematics or higher (high school in the Philippines is just up to 11th grade, so I sent my university transcripts as well)

September 4 - Received e-mail from Seneca, saying that they received my senior secondary transcripts (equivalent) last August 27

September 10 - Called Seneca, they said that they are still busy with the September admissions and that I should call back next week. Asked the lady if I could just pick up the acceptance letter (if I am accepted) instead of waiting for it by post, and she said yes.

I'm getting anxious because I'm going back to the Philippines on the 23rd. I want to be able to pay my fees before I go home!

Should I be nervous, or is this just a waiting game?

Vipul.Varinder

Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
game!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You are kinda FUnky... anywayz.. do not worry about fees, anyone can pay tht...
worry about your documents, and for your good luck
Try to attend your sunday service to pray for a better future,,
god bless you..

Sep 12, 2012
Hi Schoolgirl.

It sounds like your application is well underway. If you would like to get an answer regarding the current status of your application try emailing internationaladmissions@senecacollege.ca. Don't forget to include your full name and Seneca ID or confirmation number.

I hope everything works out with your application and documents.

schoolgirl22

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2012
IELTS Request
Not required, submitted TOEFL ibt 110/120
Med's Request
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2012
Seneca Admissions said:
Hi Schoolgirl.

It sounds like your application is well underway. If you would like to get an answer regarding the current status of your application try emailing internationaladmissions @ senecacollege.ca. Don't forget to include your full name and Seneca ID or confirmation number.

I hope everything works out with your application and documents.
Whew! Thank you! :)

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
HI,

i am looking for the jan, 2013 session for my Pg diploma course....i have visited to few consultants and they said the following facts:

1. whatever i do....pg diploma course of 2 yrs (16 months) or MBA ...i will get 3 years of work permit for sure and after a yr and half i can apply for PR which i will get easily. moreover, i don't have to do the relevant job and even without a job i can stay there for 3 complete years.

---- first of all, as i have read in other blogs people are generally talking about pg certificate...and i have been told pg diploma...please throw some light on the same.
---- secondly, another consultant says that after completion of my pg diploma course gets over i dont get a job ín next two yrs, then i can not stay for the 3rd year and come back to INDIA. is it true ?
---- thirdly...if i don't get a job from their NOC list or job classified under 0, A or B category, am i eligible and can apply for the PR ?
---- As they have mentioned public universities across the blog, so i was confused whether the statement from the consultant is applicable for PG diploma courses or not.

2. As i am from marketing background and have four yrs of marketing and advertising experience. majorly(3yrs) in advertising, which pg diploma course i should go for, keeping in mind the eligibility for PR ?

---- Consultant told me to go for coop pg diploma course as i will do 6 months paid internship for sure under this programme which will help me in getting job further after the completion of the course. my query is if i don't get the opportunity to do the training for those six months course then will i have to come back and no further extension of 3 yrs will be given to me ? and how easy/ difficult to get these internship ?

queries after getting a job:

3. even if get a job under their NOC list .....is there any limit on the salary amount which we need to earn while doing the job ? for eg: if i earn less then 3000$ per month, then i am not eligible for PR.

4. After how many yrs of work exp, we can apply for PR ?

5. which are best colleges to go for pg diploma course in marketing/ business management which also helps in getting internship too...?

6. are there any govt. / publicaly funded universities too, which are better then the govt. colleges and offer MBA degree in less cost as compared to other expensive universities ?

please reply....anyone who is applying for jan 2013 seesion ...please get in touch...thx

schoolgirl22

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2012
IELTS Request
Not required, submitted TOEFL ibt 110/120
Med's Request
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2012
Seneca called! I'm in! Woohoo. Next up, study permit application!

usmantanvirbutt

Star Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London / islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may-2010
gaur9786 said:
HI,

i am looking for the jan, 2013 session for my Pg diploma course....i have visited to few consultants and they said the following facts:

1. whatever i do....pg diploma course of 2 yrs (16 months) or MBA ...i will get 3 years of work permit for sure and after a yr and half i can apply for PR which i will get easily. moreover, i don't have to do the relevant job and even without a job i can stay there for 3 complete years.

---- first of all, as i have read in other blogs people are generally talking about pg certificate...and i have been told pg diploma...please throw some light on the same.
---- secondly, another consultant says that after completion of my pg diploma course gets over i dont get a job ín next two yrs, then i can not stay for the 3rd year and come back to INDIA. is it true ?
---- thirdly...if i don't get a job from their NOC list or job classified under 0, A or B category, am i eligible and can apply for the PR ?
---- As they have mentioned public universities across the blog, so i was confused whether the statement from the consultant is applicable for PG diploma courses or not.

2. As i am from marketing background and have four yrs of marketing and advertising experience. majorly(3yrs) in advertising, which pg diploma course i should go for, keeping in mind the eligibility for PR ?

---- Consultant told me to go for coop pg diploma course as i will do 6 months paid internship for sure under this programme which will help me in getting job further after the completion of the course. my query is if i don't get the opportunity to do the training for those six months course then will i have to come back and no further extension of 3 yrs will be given to me ? and how easy/ difficult to get these internship ?

3. even if get a job under their NOC list .....is there any limit on the salary amount which we need to earn while doing the job ? for eg: if i earn less then 3000$ per month, then i am not eligible for PR.

5. which are best colleges to go for pg diploma course in marketing/ business management which also helps in getting internship too...?

6. are there any govt. / publicaly funded universities too, which are better then the govt. colleges and offer MBA degree in less cost as compared to other expensive universities ?

please reply....anyone who is applying for jan 2013 seesion ...please get in touch...thx
you have asked a lot of questions, my first advice to you is start reading, go to the CIC website and read about immigration rules. First of all, these consultants are not telling you the whole truth. Canada as of June or may be July-2012 has stopped taking any immigration application under the federal skilled category (students and job experience falls under this category). Canada will re-open these categories in Jan-2013, but no one knows what the new rules might be. You may be eligible for PR according to today's rules but in Jan-2013 when new rules are announced you may not qualify. To be on the safe side go to a province that will nominate you after your studies.

Excanadian

Feb 11, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaur9786 said:
HI,

I'll try to answer your questions:

> Any program less than 23 Months (be it MBA or PG Diploma) will get you equivalent duration of open work permit as ur study duration, while any program for 24 months & more will get you THREE years open work permit.

A. first of all, as i have read in other blogs people are generally talking about pg certificate...and i have been told pg diploma...please throw some light on the same.
> A PG Certificate is a 1yr (8-12 month) program while a PG Diploma is a 2 yr (16-24 months) program

B. another consultant says that after completion of my pg diploma course gets over i dont get a job ín next two yrs, then i can not stay for the 3rd year and come back to INDIA. is it true?
> If you dont get a job within ONE year of graduating in Canada then I am sure you will not be able to survive in Canada, THREE years is a long time for jobless people to survive!! :)

C. if i don't get a job from their NOC list or job classified under 0, A or B category, am i eligible and can apply for the PR ?
> To apply PR under Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC) you will need job offer based on labour market opinion (LMO) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). To apply PR under Canadian Experience Class (CEC) you need job experience or offer for job classified under 0, A or B category. This may not be a requirement for PR under Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) depending upon Province to Province.

D. As they have mentioned public universities across the blog, so i was confused whether the statement from the consultant is applicable for PG diploma courses or not.
> Sorry, I dint understand this question.

> It is always better to follow the stream inline with ur existing qualifications & experience.

A. Consultant told me to go for coop pg diploma course as i will do 6 months paid internship for sure under this programme which will help me in getting job further after the completion of the course. my query is if i don't get the opportunity to do the training for those six months course then will i have to come back and no further extension of 3 yrs will be given to me ? and how easy/ difficult to get these internship ?
> If Coop is part of your program then you need to complete this requirement to get your Diploma/Certificate which will enable you to apply for Post Study Open Work Permit (PSOWP). Usually, the school assist all coop students in applying for internship but ultimately its ur responsibility to secure it.

> The salary should not be less than the min. wage set by HRSDC.

> Under CEC, u can apply after 2 yr Study + 1yr Work in Canada, while under FSWC you can apply whenever u have 67 points & a valid job offer which should be based on a positive LMO from HRSDC.

> Though all SPP colleges are reputed public colleges and share similar standards. For Business programs, Sheridan, Seneca & GBC are more popular.

> MBA Fee in almost all Canadian Business Schools is high ranging between $25-60K.

Hope the above information would help you in making an informed decision forward.

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
hey thx a ton....Excanadian for ur detailed revert and the time u took out....

well i have few more querries:

1. As u mentioned that the course duration should be atleast 24 months then only i will get the open work permit for next three years but most of the course even for two years are of 16 to 18 months only....so even if i go for two yrs course i will get 24 months of visa from govt....

so will i get 3 yrs of work permit on 24 months of student visa ???

2. As my work exp is in advertising.....i am planning to do a pg diploma course in advertising and marketing(combo course) as only PG diploma in advertising will restrict my opportunities to get job and hence PR....what do u suggest ?

3. consultants are asking about the backlogs i have in my graduation...they say if i had more then 6 or 8 backlogs then my visa will get rejected...is it true ?
i have completed my degree on time and with full credits but i had backlogs which i completed with in three years of time.....will this situation affect my acceptance of visa for two yrs of course...??

4. after gettin the 3 yrs of work permit....can i open small time business or make a company over there ??? also can i invest in getting some place on lease in these 3 yrs ? is it possible on open work permit visa of 3 yrs which i will get after my 2 yrs of course ?

regards,
Gaurav

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
one small question:

Consultant is saying that if i go for one yr pg(coop ) diploma course then i will get 3 yrs of work permit...as one yr is the education and 6-8 months is the internship which i have to do after the one yrs of studies.....so this way i will get 2 yrs of visa becz my course duration would be of two yrs and hence i will get the work per,it for 3 yrs....

So in short my question is if i go for coop course which consist of one yr(8 months or more) of classroom studies and 6 - 8 months of internship then will i be able to get 3 yrs of open work permit ???

very confusing though.....

regards...

Excanadian

Feb 11, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaur9786 said:
hey thx a ton....Excanadian for ur detailed revert and the time u took out....

well i have few more querries:

1. As u mentioned that the course duration should be atleast 24 months then only i will get the open work permit for next three years but most of the course even for two years are of 16 to 18 months only....so even if i go for two yrs course i will get 24 months of visa from govt....

so will i get 3 yrs of work permit on 24 months of student visa ???

2. As my work exp is in advertising.....i am planning to do a pg diploma course in advertising and marketing(combo course) as only PG diploma in advertising will restrict my opportunities to get job and hence PR....what do u suggest ?

3. consultants are asking about the backlogs i have in my graduation...they say if i had more then 6 or 8 backlogs then my visa will get rejected...is it true ?
i have completed my degree on time and with full credits but i had backlogs which i completed with in three years of time.....will this situation affect my acceptance of visa for two yrs of course...??

4. after gettin the 3 yrs of work permit....can i open small time business or make a company over there ??? also can i invest in getting some place on lease in these 3 yrs ? is it possible on open work permit visa of 3 yrs which i will get after my 2 yrs of course ?

regards,
Gaurav
You are most welcome Gaurav. Here are your answers:

so will i get 3 yrs of work permit on 24 months of student visa Huh

> Generally in a 2yrs program, u only have to study FOUR semester (4 months each) in total, so actually you are studying only for 16 months in a 2yrs program but it depends if your school calls it a 2yrs program or 16 months program. In case your school calls it a 16 months program then you are only eligible for 16 months PSOWP otherwise u will get 3yrs.

> You should stick to Marketing & Advertizing related programs.

> More than 2 backlogs per year in your graduation is not acceptable under SPP, so if your graduation was a 3 yrs program than having more than 6 backlogs overall will be an issue in getting visa under SPP.

4. after gettin the 3 yrs of work permit....can i open small time business or make a company over there Huh also can i invest in getting some place on lease in these 3 yrs ? is it possible on open work permit visa of 3 yrs which i will get after my 2 yrs of course ?
> You cannot officially run any kind of business on Work Permit, though investing in property could be a possibility.

Consultant is saying that if i go for one yr pg(coop ) diploma course then i will get 3 yrs of work permit...as one yr is the education and 6-8 months is the internship which i have to do after the one yrs of studies.....so this way i will get 2 yrs of visa becz my course duration would be of two yrs and hence i will get the work per,it for 3 yrs....

So in short my question is if i go for coop course which consist of one yr(8 months or more) of classroom studies and 6 - 8 months of internship then will i be able to get 3 yrs of open work permit Huh
> As I mentioned above, if your school calls its program a 2yrs program (including Coop) then u can get 3yrs WP. As far as I know there is no ONE yr PG program in Canada having more than FOUR months Coop tht too included in 12 (8+4) months & not 12+4 months.

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
thx excanadian....

another question related to the investement.....

1. if i can't run a business then can i buy a business and give some one else to run it....? one consultant told me that he bought (on lease for 15 yrs) a petrol pump inclusive of 24hr utility store like 24 x 11...etc....which he has given further to run it...and getting some fixed income from that property.

is it possible in canada by just having the work permit and before getting the PR ?

2. i don't remember how many backlogs i had but if a person has more then 6 backlogs then under which programme a student should apply for VISA...??

regards....

Excanadian

Feb 11, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaur9786 said:
thx excanadian....

another question related to the investement.....

1. if i can't run a business then can i buy a business and give some one else to run it....? one consultant told me that he bought (on lease for 15 yrs) a petrol pump inclusive of 24hr utility store like 24 x 11...etc....which he has given further to run it...and getting some fixed income from that property.

is it possible in canada by just having the work permit and before getting the PR ?

2. i don't remember how many backlogs i had but if a person has more then 6 backlogs then under which programme a student should apply for VISA...??

regards....

> On Work Permit you are not allowed to do any commercial activity except working under a Canadian employer. To buy a business you need to have PR first, it could be under investor category also if you can invest $500,000 in Canada interest free for FIVE years!!

> If you have more than 6 backlogs in a 3yrs bachelors degree program than apply under General Category, though chances of getting visa are low in any category if you have more than 2 backlogs/yr.

BTW where are you from in India?

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
i am from delhi....

now i have a bigger prob in front of me.....

i am not able to find a 2 yr pg diploma course with coop...in marketing or advertising...

all i am getting is is one yr certificate or diploma course in marketing....which will not give me the 3 yr work permit.

guys pls help......

regards,