+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sending university transcript from another country

rxrugs

Jun 30, 2011
Hi guys I am faced with the challenge of having to send my transcripts to a Canadian University from my another Country. I graduated with with an Msc from a UK university in 2007 and left the UK for East africa (kenya). Similarly I hold a BSc from a University in Uganda. And I am currently resident in Kenya.

I would like to know if any one has had to send their transcripts while resident in another country.

I have original transcripts from both universities but I have read on the Canadian university website that they only recognized Transcripts sent from the UK university in sent in sealed envelops.

kami686

May 9, 2011
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its better to call or email ur previous universities, they can tell u the exact method how can u do that

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rxrugs

Every uni has its own requirement.

If you have the transcripts from the previous uni then attest them from the notary public and send them to the specified address of the uni, or, you can scan the original document and attach(soft copies) with your application as a record.

If they can not accept then tell all your story to the uni in canada.

Regards

rxrugs

Jun 30, 2011
Jabir S M said:
@ rxrugs

Every uni has its own requirement.

If you have the transcripts from the previous uni then attest them from the notary public and send them to the specified address of the uni, or, you can scan the original document and attach(soft copies) with your application as a record.

If they can not accept then tell all your story to the uni in canada.

Regards
Thant is what i was hoping, and that is what I did when I was joining Graduate school in UK.
Which university is that which accepts certified transcript copies?

Jyoti Dhillon

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
IELTS Request
6 bands
Med's Done....
7/11/11
Interview........
weived
VISA ISSUED...
waiting for that.. baba g visavde do ....
.no no i didnt applied yet..want to apply for study permit.. can it consider as valid degree my degree is not regular its a correspondence degree and exams are taken online so is this valid or not ....plz help

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi xrugs,

Where do you stay in KENYA.I currently live and work in KISUMU.I can assist you every bit of the way.
Send me your EMAIL ADD.

Thx

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Come out and and explain to the admission counsellor your situation.I have always higlighted how important these counsellors are as far as admissions are concerned.

Work with them every step of the way andthey will give alot opf guidance.

Explain to them your situation and you wont miss the admission.However they will insist on giving you conditional admission letter that you have to present the original documents.

I sent scaned PDF documents and explaine to them my situation and i got the admission letter form U.B.C

SO YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY AND PANIC ALOT FOR NOTHING OK.KEEP CALM

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
rxrugs said:
Hi guys I am faced with the challenge of having to send my transcripts to a Canadian University from my another Country. I graduated with with an Msc from a UK university in 2007 and left the UK for East africa (kenya). Similarly I hold a BSc from a University in Uganda. And I am currently resident in Kenya.

I would like to know if any one has had to send their transcripts while resident in another country.

I have original transcripts from both universities but I have read on the Canadian university website that they only recognized Transcripts sent from the UK university in sent in sealed envelops.
What I suggest you following things at this stage:

a) the oririnals u have wont work any good to get admission at canadian universities as they need sealed and signed from your previous universities.
b) the universities at UK normally chagre some money for transcripts so I think You just need to order couple of transcripts per admission from your universities at UK. They will directly send your transcript to the universities you want to apply at Canada. You need to give them the relavent adresses

Lifehouse

Jun 17, 2011
@rxrugs
hey mate i was also asked this from University of Regina. Here is what you can do:

1. Get photocopy of your original documents.
2. Send these photocopies to their associated universities.
3. Attach a cover letter with them stating that you want these photocopies to be signed by the university then u want them to be sealed in university's official envelope. Tell them to return this envelope to you.
4. Then you just have to send it to your desired university in Canada to get admission. (you can send these sealed envelopes yourself it doesn't make any difference)

Good luck !!

Jyoti Dhillon

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
IELTS Request
6 bands
Med's Done....
7/11/11
Interview........
weived
VISA ISSUED...
waiting for that.. baba g visavde do ....
thanks to all