jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Hi,
I m out of country due to work but before leaving Canada i applied to renew my PR card. Last week my wife received it. I want to know:
1. Can my wife courier me my PR card? Is it legal.
2. Should i travel back to Canada with ptrd to get my pr card?

THanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Its not illegal to mail or courier a PR card out of the country although of course it could get lost somewhere on the way so as a minimum I guess ensure you can track its location until delivered.

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Thanks for reply.
i really appreciate it.
Actually my concern is that new prc comes with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip.
And according to cic website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-11-25.asp

The RFID chip does not contain personal information. The RFID chip contains only a unique identifier.

When a PR is moving through a land border crossing, an RFID-enabled PR card is securely and accurately read by readers. As the RFID chip is read, the unique identifier is transmitted to a secure database and acts as the key to authorize the return of the traveller’s biographical information from the database. The information is displayed to the Border Service Officer as the vehicle pulls up to the inspection booth.

So what do you think? is it still ok to send Pr card by International Mail?

THANKS

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jiyamano said:
Thanks for reply.
i really appreciate it.
Actually my concern is that new prc comes with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip.
And according to cic website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-11-25.asp

The RFID chip does not contain personal information. The RFID chip contains only a unique identifier.

When a PR is moving through a land border crossing, an RFID-enabled PR card is securely and accurately read by readers. As the RFID chip is read, the unique identifier is transmitted to a secure database and acts as the key to authorize the return of the traveller’s biographical information from the database. The information is displayed to the Border Service Officer as the vehicle pulls up to the inspection booth.

So what do you think? is it still ok to send Pr card by International Mail?

THANKS
Did your wife get the PR card with a RFID blocking pouch/sleeve?. If not, you can ask your wife to buy a pouch which is RFID safe and then mail it. However I am not sure if sending PR card by mail internationally is legal or not.