+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Police Clearance after submitting the application

aiman.b

Nov 26, 2015
Hi all,

My brother and I sent our citizenship application this year.
He sent it in Jan and was interviewed in July
I sent mine in May and no date for the interview yet.

The thing is that both of us forgot to include the Police Clearance Certificate from back home as it was requested because we were there for more than 183 days.

When my brother went to the interview, the officer asked him to provide a police clearance within 30 days and it was very difficult as our embassy here in Ottawa does not provide it their citizens. So he had to take a flight and do it himself and he did one for me as well cuz we both spent the same time in back home and he was telling me that they will ask me to provide it at the time of the interview as they did for him.

The problem is that after getting the police clearance and noticed that it has a 3 months expiration date from the date of the issue. I tried to call IRCC to see what to do but no luck.

I am just wondering to know if I can send it to IRCC in Sydney now be fore it expires or not. It expires on Oct 31.

Your help is really appreciated.
Thanks!

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi all,

My brother and I sent our citizenship application this year.
He sent it in Jan and was interviewed in July
I sent mine in May and no date for the interview yet.

The thing is that both of us forgot to include the Police Clearance Certificate from back home as it was requested because we were there for more than 183 days.

When my brother went to the interview, the officer asked him to provide a police clearance within 30 days and it was very difficult as our embassy here in Ottawa does not provide it their citizens. So he had to take a flight and do it himself and he did one for me as well cuz we both spent the same time in back home and he was telling me that they will ask me to provide it at the time of the interview as they did for him.

The problem is that after getting the police clearance and noticed that it has a 3 months expiration date from the date of the issue. I tried to call IRCC to see what to do but no luck.

I am just wondering to know if I can send it to IRCC in Sydney now be fore it expires or not. It expires on Oct 31.

Your help is really appreciated.
Thanks!
As long as you don’t travel back to hug your country until your application is in process, you should be fine.

For now, Send a webform request and attach a copy of that police clearance.