+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending police checks after your application (outland)

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Sorry if this question has been asked before.

I've read elsewhere that it's permissible to send the police checks during processing, despite what CIC's forms say, and that it's better to send your application immediately to get in the queue than to wait for the police checks to arrive.

Can anybody confirm this?

We thought they all needed to be sent in at the outset. It took us months to get my wife's police certificates from various countries. While we were waiting for one of them, which took a long time, one of the others expired (CIC says they're valid for three months). So we had to apply for one of them again. While we were waiting for that one, a second one expired, so we had to renew it. It was like dominoes. This ordeal probably delayed submitting our application by two months.

My wife says that if it is allowed, then at least I'll know this for next time. (CIC, if you're reading, it was only a joke!)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
I actually found myself in this predicament, when I applied (from the USA) we had to submit an FBI check and a check for each state you lived in for 6 months or more (they stopped requiring this in May 2012). So I applied for all of them in October 2011 the 2 states I lived in came with-in a week but, the FBI didn't come till the day after Christmas (12 weeks 1 day). We had been planning to apply common-law but on Christmas eve my husband proposed. At the time we did not know the police certificates expire (didn't find that out till we found this forum). Anyways we got married April 7th 2012 and they received our application April 23rd 2012 by this time all three of my background checks were expired. Well I landed a week ago today and they never asked me for new certificates. So to answer your question, send in the application with the expired ones this way the ones that are still good remain good, also make sure that you give yourself enough time for the new ones to come back when they request things they usually give 60 days to return but sometimes things take longer you should have an idea of what you had to wait the first time. Good Luck!

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Creampop said:
I actually found myself in this predicament, when I applied (from the USA) we had to submit an FBI check and a check for each state you lived in for 6 months or more (they stopped requiring this in May 2012). So I applied for all of them in October 2011 the 2 states I lived in came with-in a week but, the FBI didn't come till the day after Christmas (12 weeks 1 day). We had been planning to apply common-law but on Christmas eve my husband proposed. At the time we did not know the police certificates expire (didn't find that out till we found this forum). Anyways we got married April 7th 2012 and they received our application April 23rd 2012 by this time all three of my background checks were expired. Well I landed a week ago today and they never asked me for new certificates. So to answer your question, send in the application with the expired ones this way the ones that are still good remain good, also make sure that you give yourself enough time for the new ones to come back when they request things they usually give 60 days to return but sometimes things take longer you should have an idea of what you had to wait the first time. Good Luck!
Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post. This is all hypothetical for us now, since we submitted our application months ago. I was just curious about this.