+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport with PCC??

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hello members,
I have asked this on another thread and I'd like to see what the rest of the forum thinks...

Singapore has requested the police clearance certificate (PCC) and we are in the final stages of the process. We are now considering sending the PCC and the passport together to Singapore to avoid delays in post. We would like to plan a wedding in Canada asap during the summer months and I also have a return flight that will expire soon. We plan to write a letter to Singapore explaining our reasons for sending the passport with the PCC. Does anyone see any problems with this since they have yet to request the passport? We don't plan to travel outside of the country until the visa is approved.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you,
ct

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
hey there
I guess you shouldn't send the passport until they ask you to do it.
because they say it clearly: don't send passport untill told so, I don't know if you do it, if any problem will happen, but why risk it.

Nike1702

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
I think that you should at least try calling the office if possible before sending in your passport and see what they say to you.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
canthai said:
Hello members,
I have asked this on another thread and I'd like to see what the rest of the forum thinks...

Singapore has requested the police clearance certificate (PCC) and we are in the final stages of the process. We are now considering sending the PCC and the passport together to Singapore to avoid delays in post. We would like to plan a wedding in Canada asap during the summer months and I also have a return flight that will expire soon. We plan to write a letter to Singapore explaining our reasons for sending the passport with the PCC. Does anyone see any problems with this since they have yet to request the passport? We don't plan to travel outside of the country until the visa is approved.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you,
ct
No need to send the passports because they have not asked for it at this time. It is another request letter from CIC called "Passport Request"- be Patience. The PPR comes after you clear the background check.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with the others. I definitely would not send the passport until requested. I also wouldn't be making any plans for a wedding in Canada this summer until you know the outcome. I'm sure it will work out well but you have no idea how long it will take and you may just end up spending alot of $$ unnecessarily. I highly doubt they are going to speed up the process because you say you want to get married in Canada. Just be patient.